Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By NSGhostbusters
How are the prices on the official website? Are they reasonable? (I am just getting into collecting the DS Figures.)
By Wiggyof9
NSGhostbusters wrote:How are the prices on the official website? Are they reasonable? (I am just getting into collecting the DS Figures.)
Depends, but usually 23 a figure before tax at BBTS and Atomic Empire (the sites I use). Some are cheaper. If you want certain figures or want to build the dioramas you will have to go to ebay or other after market sites, but if you search for obscure comic shop sites you may find some gems.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?H ... d%20select

https://www.atomicempire.com/Item/List? ... ect&cat=-1

The hardest to find figures seem to be the original 4 movie busters and the GB2 gray suit busters... which does make sense.
By NSGhostbusters
Im after the We're Back GB 2 Egon, Peter, and the Slime Blower Ray, and Winston figures.
By Kingpin
Slime Blower Ray, We're Back Venkman, Vigo and Janosz have been especially tricky to get my hands on from the GBII range, Winston and non-slimed Venkman were the most difficult from the GB1 line.
Wiggyof9 wrote: April 1st, 2019, 11:57 amWe have no idea what figures will be next and likely will not find out until July or June. However, it is possible.
Though they're likely to be more RGB figures, based on the context of Diamond's response.
NSGhostbusters liked this
By Peter Venkman Jr.
Got my Real Ghostbusters action figures from Big Bad Toy Store today. They look great and I cannot wait to get the other action figures from this series to build the firehouse diorama. Having the RGB's with the different colored Proton Streams is a nice call back to the Kenner action figures. Cannot wait to display them next to the Ghostbusters II action figures.
By Wafflerobot
Can any UK fans tell me the best place to buy the Real Ghostbusters figures from? I ordered RGB Peter off of Amazon last week and they've sent me GB2 Ray Stantz instead :/
By toby88
Amazon finally has RGB Ray and RGB Peter back in stock but still no RGB Egon. Amazon said they dont even have him in their system. I asked Diamond and they said, and I quote " I dont know, try Big Bad Toystore or Entertainment Earth." Kinda sucks cant get the last figure through amazon but oh well, the other sites will do.
By Peter Venkman Jr.
@toby88, I have the same problem myself with trying to get an GB2 We're Back Egon. He sold out before I could order him and currently amazon and many other places only have the ToyRUs exclusive version (without the diorama piece) for sale.
I am going to try and see if my local comic book store can order him for me.
By Doctor Venkman
toby88 wrote: April 17th, 2019, 10:06 am Amazon finally has RGB Ray and RGB Peter back in stock but still no RGB Egon. Amazon said they dont even have him in their system. I asked Diamond and they said, and I quote " I dont know, try Big Bad Toystore or Entertainment Earth." Kinda sucks cant get the last figure through amazon but oh well, the other sites will do.
It's really not surprising at all that Diamond told you to try other sites... they're not going to be able to help with Amazon's stock information.

From the looks of it, Big Bad Toy Store is also sold out of RGB Egon. Entertainment Earth no longer has a listing either, so they've likely sold out as well.

Looking at eBay, the figure has risen in value tremendously. I guess since it's sold out everywhere now, it's become kind of a rare collectible already just a few months after release.
By ccv66
I ordered one set from big bad boy and one from atomic. Atomic came first, both came in weeks ago.. Entertainment Earth is bad for pre orders, fine if it's in stock. Amazon is just too questionable who the seller is.. I've Bought gb DST from all 4, probably do atomic next time.
By toby88
Doctor Venkman wrote: April 17th, 2019, 10:48 am
toby88 wrote: April 17th, 2019, 10:06 am Amazon finally has RGB Ray and RGB Peter back in stock but still no RGB Egon. Amazon said they dont even have him in their system. I asked Diamond and they said, and I quote " I dont know, try Big Bad Toystore or Entertainment Earth." Kinda sucks cant get the last figure through amazon but oh well, the other sites will do.
It's really not surprising at all that Diamond told you to try other sites... they're not going to be able to help with Amazon's stock information.

From the looks of it, Big Bad Toy Store is also sold out of RGB Egon. Entertainment Earth no longer has a listing either, so they've likely sold out as well.

Looking at eBay, the figure has risen in value tremendously. I guess since it's sold out everywhere now, it's become kind of a rare collectible already just a few months after release.
I just remembered they also said "We don't have any in stock either." In regards to RGB Egon. Is that normal for Diamond not to know if Amazon has them in stock? Does Amazon buy them directly from Diamond? The hunt continues!
By toby88
Fritz wrote: April 18th, 2019, 1:57 pm A month after I submitted the order, Amazon finally took my money for Ray and Venkman. They claim it should be here April 26th, but haven't shipped it yet.

Like I said before, why did Bezos put Slimer in charge of this?! :lol:
I ordered both on March 20th, received Ray today, tracking says Peter tomorrow.
By Wafflerobot
If I've missed buying the current RGB figure line, is there any chance they'll make more of them in the future and they'll be back in stock or is it a case of once they're gone they're gone with Diamond Select?
By Kingpin
I've not gotten the impression they've produced "extra runs" of any of the previous figures, and given the scarcity of the RGB figures at the moment, I wouldn't count on them releasing any more. You may have to resort to what most of us latecomers are having to do, stay vigilant but be prepared to spend more than they were originally priced at.
Wafflerobot liked this
By Doctor Venkman
toby88 wrote: April 18th, 2019, 8:21 pm I just remembered they also said "We don't have any in stock either." In regards to RGB Egon. Is that normal for Diamond not to know if Amazon has them in stock? Does Amazon buy them directly from Diamond? The hunt continues!
It's normal for Diamond to not know anyone's stock levels, or if they have them in stock. They're separate companies. Sure, Amazon could buy directly from Diamond and Diamond could probably be able to tell you that they had done that, but I'm not sure why you would think that Diamond would know if Amazon would currently have them in stock.
By Fritz
The second batch of Diamond Select RGB figures are here!

(Once again, potential trigger warning to hardcore toy collectors: toys outside of their packages will be seen here!)

Side of the boxes, with big profile pictures:

And all four profiles together:

First, the heart of the Ghostbusters, Ray Stantz! As I indicated previously, I'll have him in his gloves most of the time

Orange beam, just like the old Kenner figure

Ray's diorama pieces:

Peter Venkman:

"That's right, boys, it's Doctor Venkman!"

"Pants tucked!!!"

"Since my beam is green, that means I can use it on Slimer, right?"

Venkman's diorama bits:

Ray and Venkman together:

And now, the whole darn team:
:cool: --"Suck in the guts, guys, we're the Ghostbusters!"

I didn't buy the DST Slimer, but borrowing the one from the Mattel GB2 set works well enough for me:

Uh-oh...

:eyeroll: --"Okay, DST...you know what you need to do next..."
910dohead, Kingpin, ccv66 and 1 others liked this
By Wiggyof9
https://www.previewsworld.com/Article/2 ... QjdiCAAHqo

So, the SDCC exclusive from DST has been revealed. Its a 4 pack of the 4 GBs in their GB1 style with green slime. Slimed Venkman is just the same figures we saw already, bad head sculpt and all. The other 3 appear to be their first molds with green paint. So nothing new here. It looks like a decent set for those that don't already have the figures, but otherwise an easy pass for those that already have the non-slimed ones.

Personally, I think it misses the point of the running gag in GB1 where Venkman was often slimed and not the others. Then at the end the others are covered head to toe in Marshmallow and Peter is barely touched at all. Oh well, I won't loose sleepover not buying the set.
Kingpin liked this
Finally got a Ghostbusters II We're Back Egon action figure, I am glad that I found him when I did. He seems to be really popular lately, especially if its the regular version with the diorama piece. Just five more action figures and I can finish the Firehouse diorama, looking forward to finishing the up the first series too.

As for the future, I cannot wait to see more Real Ghostbusters action figures. I really would love to see an RGB style Janine come out next.
By Alex Newborn
I finally opened all fifteen figures needed for the Firehouse diorama in a single day.

[Youtube]https://youtu.be/W4bGWu0ZcZg[/Youtube]

https://youtu.be/W4bGWu0ZcZg

Once it was assembled, I made this graphic, in case anyone has a partial one and needs to know at a glance which figures they still need to complete it.

(It's a Facebook photo, so expect it to disappear from here soon.)

Here's the reference pic I made of the Gozer Temple diorama back in 2017.

My current Facebook cover photo is this pic with the DST RGB figures and dio, and my Kenner Ecto (with digital headlights added).

I also dug out a lighting kit I bought some time ago for the Ecto and finally installed it.

[Youtube]https://youtu.be/EdphRu0Oq7E[/Youtube]

https://youtu.be/EdphRu0Oq7E

That led to a really bizarre event from yesterday...

[Youtube]https://youtu.be/nwyKc8Ca5Is[/Youtube]

https://youtu.be/nwyKc8Ca5Is

I also need to dig out my 'marshmallow glop' pieces that I made for the Gozer Temple and retake some pics now that I have the Marshmallow Egon figure to complete that set.

From August 2017:

From May 2019:

Did anyone notice that Egon's walkie-talkie is the only one without marshmallow drip on it?

Alex
ccv66, Kingpin, Wafflerobot and 2 others liked this
By Wade Haddock
mbd wrote:
Wade Haddock wrote: March 20th, 2019, 8:53 pm Finally finished up my Custom Figures.
Grey suit,Slime Blower Ray and Winston.
Tan Suit GB2 Peter and Egon
cool how did you get the slime blowers and packs off
Sorry this has taken so long.

You can see where the pack connects. You may have to heat it up to make it soft enough to disconnect.
ImageImage
Here is where the Slime Blower is connected. (On both sides.) Again it may need to be heated to make it easier to disconnect.
Hope this helps.
Matt Campbell liked this

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]