Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By Slimered
They should film a special Ghostbusters 3 minisode for Children In Need in November. Fantastic Beasts have in the past, so this year could be the turn of the Ghostbusters to highlight a good cause.
By deadderek
deadderek wrote: April 19th, 2019, 5:07 pm The shoot being delayed a tiny bit is ok with me. Quality takes time. :)
For the record I hate the GB2 name tags. I think they're ugly and the red lettering is too small.
By Coover5
deadderek wrote: April 19th, 2019, 6:02 pm
deadderek wrote: April 19th, 2019, 5:07 pm The shoot being delayed a tiny bit is ok with me. Quality takes time. :)
For the record I hate the GB2 name tags. I think they're ugly and the red lettering is too small.
I suspect they were meant as a visual cue. GB1 style was military. Large, bold letters. Easy to read. Corners are sharp. GB2 tags were civilian style. They were the kind you would see on a mechanic or fast food worker's uniform. The text didn't fit so well. The print was smaller. The edges were round. They were less dignified because they didn't carry with them the history that the military style did. Did that make them a good choice? Nope. But I suspect it's why they were done.
By Alphagaia
kenny_a wrote: April 19th, 2019, 11:46 pm I hope that there will be a game coming out as well, something that accompanies the movie, a tie in.
I do not. Most of the times. Movie tie in games are crap. If they are making a new game, take your time with it like the 2009 videogame.
deadderek, back liked this
By Sav C
I'll be honest--when it comes to details such as uniform name tags and props and the like, I wouldn't be surprised if there are fans on this board who paid closer attention to the details in the first movie than some of the crew on the second movie did when they were making GBII.
RichRyan1507, back liked this
By Kingpin
Coover5 wrote: April 19th, 2019, 10:07 pmGB1 style was military.
I wouldn't say so, military style would be thicker, with clearer to read letters (like the 'G' in SPENGLER), and possibly dark letters on a light background. Both styles of Ghostbusters nametag are in my opinion, "civilian" style.

By Coover5
Modern lettering is thicker but nametape of the era was skinnier and they did have Gs in that exact style. It was about fitting the name in even if they had to fudge the letter shape. And for contrasting colors? They did brown letters on brown fabric. Tan letters on tan fabric. Green letters on green fabric. Not always but they did it often. I also say with certainty it is military style of the era because my GB1 uniform nametape matches my father's military nametape closely.

That being said STANTZ is done in that same cramped name style which I imagine was just to keep it in line with the longer names like Zeddemore and Spengler. So STANTZ being stylized would not be proper military and more an aesthetic choice but the two longer names are correct.
By Kingpin
Thinner, yes, but not as thin as the Ghostbusters' tags.

I also feel we're not taking into account that the 1984 tags are much more hand-made, and the cleaner look of the latter ones, which are likely machine made, as some sort of indication of "civilian" over "military" style.

I think we have to remember that while the look of the Ghostbusters' attire started out more like military gear in the drafts and early concept art, it had settled on the "garbage man" aesthetic once they'd assembled the final costume, and I think that's reflected in the design of the nametags.
By timeware
mrmichaelt wrote: April 19th, 2019, 11:53 pm My choice is predictable but: tie-in comic book mini-series. My concern with a tie-in is it's a rushed out video game.
This is always my fear when movies warrant a video game option. Past experience with Marvel movie based games is they always look like a pile of shit. The fantastic four movie game at the time of its release looked like it was put together in a weekend. I would hope they've already been working on it.
By Coover5
I will say they are a civilian take on military but they are for sure military style. I will also say the garbage man look is definitely reflected in the GB2 name tags for sure. I picked GB1 name style over GB2 because GB2's look is very similar to custodial name tags (at least in the states) with the exception being they would probably not use red because that bleeds so much in the wash.
By Coover5
All I care about is that they use red lettering on black background in the sequel. I like the look of it. They could use comic sans font for all I care.

Or you kow what could be great? Remember how the Mouseketeers wore those hats with their names stitched across? The GBs should wear those. They could wear that weird slimmer mask where it had his whole body and across Slimer's teeth is the Buster's name!
By robbritton
mrmichaelt wrote: April 19th, 2019, 11:53 pm My choice is predictable but: tie-in comic book mini-series. My concern with a tie-in is it's a rushed out video game.
I’d love to see a “what went before” tie in comic from Erik, Dan and Luis (he said, to no one’s great surprise!).
Davideverona liked this
By deadderek
Movie tie in games are almost always complete and utter crap. So far it seems Jason is more concerned about quality than anything else, and hopefully he can say no. :/
Kingpin liked this
By Coover5
I don't have the money to buy a new system so I'm not interested in a new video game for that reason. But I would like some classic games remade with GB themes. Pac-Man where Pac Man is replaced with an Ecto. Dig Dug where it's a Buster in the containment unit. Donkey Kong where it's a Buster vs Stay Puft maybe. Pitfall set at the (probably) haunted farm. Easy swap out games where the rules are the same.
deadderek, back liked this
By mrmichaelt
robbritton wrote: April 20th, 2019, 4:51 pm I’d love to see a “what went before” tie in comic from Erik, Dan and Luis (he said, to no one’s great surprise!).
Yep. And to add, ideally, having Jason Reitman, Gil Kenan, and Dan Aykroyd involved in the script in some capacity would be great. But I wonder if there'd be some debate to use Dan's current style or use a more realistic style (if you watched Dan's art he tweets (warm ups, just for fun etc), he's been able to go super realistic. I recall he did one of Janosz.
Coover5 wrote: April 20th, 2019, 5:46 pm I don't have the money to buy a new system so I'm not interested in a new video game for that reason. But I would like some classic games remade with GB themes. Pac-Man where Pac Man is replaced with an Ecto. Dig Dug where it's a Buster in the containment unit. Donkey Kong where it's a Buster vs Stay Puft maybe. Pitfall set at the (probably) haunted farm. Easy swap out games where the rules are the same.
Agreed. By 2009, I'd quit playing video games so it took some time scrapping money together and luckily, I got a really good deal on a XBox and The Video Game. But they put so much time and effort into Ghostbusters World... I wonder if it'd be more feasible to put together a new side-story quest that ties into the movie.
robbritton liked this
By timeware
I'm surprised they never ported it over to the SNES. Especially the Real Ghostbusters arcade game. Although I suppose someone could make a raspberry pi cartridge if they really wanted to play it on their original game system.
deadderek liked this
By deadderek
savintheday wrote: April 21st, 2019, 12:34 pm NES Ghostbusters was my first shitty game. I really appreciated AVGN's review of it.
As a kid I remember getting SUPER excited when I found a copy at FuncoLand.

I also remember being pissed at how frustrating and annoying it was to play.

Thankfully modern gaming you can find out if a game is crap before buying.

*sigh*

As far as GB2020 goes I think I might be ok if a small mobile game was released...maybe.
savintheday liked this
By Ectojeff88
I’m still hoping for a 2009 remaster with finished extra multiplayer maps. That would completely satisfy me. However considering the resources necessary and the developer gone it’s very unlikely.

Would even be better if multiplayer added character models from the new movie characters with a map or two. That would be epic!
By Sav C
Alphagaia wrote: April 21st, 2019, 2:24 pm Had it on my commodore 64/128. Loading a cassette tape each time to play a game. At least each game took a long time as well.
Cool! Just the other week I got a cassette tape. It's one of those Bluetooth ones where you put it in your car stereo, sync it to your MP3 player, and voila: music, sweet music! :)
Alphagaia, deadderek liked this
By Slimered
deadderek wrote: April 20th, 2019, 5:36 pm Movie tie in games are almost always complete and utter crap. So far it seems Jason is more concerned about quality than anything else, and hopefully he can say no. :/
There are exceptions to that rule. Jurassic World: Evolution, for instance.

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]