By halliwax
Got home from work early because of rain.. couldn’t paint so I figured I’d play electrician.. which can be dangerous

Anyway, Doug’s guide made this a breeze!!

I used this drillbit tip to sand the inside like Doug’s guide

Just like how I drilled the vent holes, I started with small holes down the center of the bar graph. Then used my cutting wheel on both sides, and cleaned up with this bit and a bunch of flat files. I buy these files cheap at Lowe’s, basically throw always once they clog

He made the bar graph a breeze too

When I installed it you got dust on the lens, I just used a napkin and tweezers to clean it up

Started to drill some holes. I drilled them from the inside out to keep them perfectly center

Next trick was sand the trigger button, I sanded it smooth like Doug’s instructions, but I know we have to oblong the hole to get the button in.

I didn’t want to make the hole larger then the washer so I put the washer centered on the hole. Then traced it with a pencil, now with oblonging the hole I stay inside the circle and I’ll be fine

Worked out great

I got it all wired up. Works phenomenal! I can’t believe how easy Doug made this kit!! I’m so happy with it, I would have never dreamed you could bring the spirit to this level

Kingpin liked this
By halliwax
I have to go read his instructions again, because while fooling around with the switching in single pack mode. I got the theme song going! I had no idea that was even possible!
NickFame13 liked this
By halliwax
Literally dodging rain drops... been beautiful all freak’n day at work.. but once in our the clouds form and it starts to rain

Added some texture

By NickFame13
halliwax wrote: April 28th, 2019, 2:22 pm I have to go read his instructions again, because while fooling around with the switching in single pack mode. I got the theme song going! I had no idea that was even possible!
Whaaaaaaaahhhhh???? I don't remember this little gem being mentioned.... that's freaking sweet!!
By halliwax
NickFame13 wrote:
halliwax wrote: April 28th, 2019, 2:22 pm I have to go read his instructions again, because while fooling around with the switching in single pack mode. I got the theme song going! I had no idea that was even possible!
Whaaaaaaaahhhhh???? I don't remember this little gem being mentioned.... that's freaking sweet!!
Yup!! Honesty to god I got it to play the theme song, don’t know how I did it. I think I had both toggles up and held the thrower button, it’s all apart now so I can’t fool around with it

I read all Doug’s instructions and don’t see anywhere on how to play the song

I looked up his older threads for the Matty wand and GBfan board to see if the same combo would work with the spirit board, couldn’t find it

I swear I got it to play
By halliwax
Tonight I was able to seal the texture. I highly recommend sealing it. I could brush the texture off by hand. Now with the matte clear coat the stuff is stuck on there good!!

I used some 100grit sand paper to add wood grain texture to the strips

Also got some resistors from heavyprops!

Once the rain clears I’ll give it a good coat of satin black

I had some left over silver but it’s far too metallic for my liking.. hopefully Lowe’s has some cheap silver so I can start painting the aluminum parts

NickFame13 liked this
By NickFame13
After reading, above, I went and found the guide for the blaster installation. I found where there v are other sounds that you get out of it in single pack mode. This just keeps getting more and more fun!
By halliwax
NickFame13 wrote:After reading, above, I went and found the guide for the blaster installation. I found where there v are other sounds that you get out of it in single pack mode. This just keeps getting more and more fun!
Can you link me or give me a page number? I can’t find to see it
By NickFame13
halliwax wrote: April 30th, 2019, 8:23 am
NickFame13 wrote:After reading, above, I went and found the guide for the blaster installation. I found where there v are other sounds that you get out of it in single pack mode. This just keeps getting more and more fun!
Can you link me or give me a page number? I can’t find to see it
Bottom of page 3.
By halliwax
NickFame13 wrote:
halliwax wrote: April 30th, 2019, 8:23 am Can you link me or give me a page number? I can’t find to see it
Bottom of page 3.
LOL!! I remember reading that but didn’t put 2 and 2 together!!! Very sneaky!! Lol
NickFame13 liked this
By NickFame13
This and the surprise you stumbled upon makes me wonder what else there might be. Hell, I'm happy as a clam, as it is, but I do enjoy finding Easter eggs!
By halliwax
NickFame13 wrote:This and the surprise you stumbled upon makes me wonder what else there might be. Hell, I'm happy as a clam, as it is, but I do enjoy finding Easter eggs!
Yeah it was a legit surprise to me lol very cool little Easter egg!
By halliwax
So April we had 21 days of rain.. May looks to be starting off the same.. it’s very difficult to paint

I primed the pack, but had to wait until it stopped raining to spray the supposed to be aluminum parts, rustoluem aluminum

I did this around 10pm with the flood lamps on

Those aren’t runs your seeing, but liquid latex. Once I’m done painting it black, some light rubbing with your fingers and the latex comes off revealing the silver underneath

Hard to tell the difference between the primer and the silver in this pics..

I didn’t have orange paint on hand, so I settled for a flat brown

Was hoping to get black on tonight but it looks like rain...

Fingers crossed for tomorrow
NickFame13 liked this
By halliwax
halliwax wrote:So April we had 21 days of rain.. May looks to be starting off the same.. it’s very difficult to paint

I primed the pack, but had to wait until it stopped raining to spray the supposed to be aluminum parts, rustoluem aluminum

I did this around 10pm with the flood lamps on

Those aren’t runs your seeing, but liquid latex. Once I’m done painting it black, some light rubbing with your fingers and the latex comes off revealing the silver underneath

Hard to tell the difference between the primer and the silver in this pics..

I didn’t have orange paint on hand, so I settled for a flat brown

Was hoping to get black on tonight but it looks like rain...

Fingers crossed for tomorrow
Some progress today... another freak’n day of rain.

I was able to cut my mother board. I went through 4 metal jig saw blades.. had to keep at a slow pace and the blades still clogged

I then marked the outer edge of the shell, and made a center line so I can mourn my L brackets

I cut L brackets at 1” wide, 2” wide was way to big

Rivet time

Tapped away

And mounted!!

NickFame13, Kingpin liked this
By halliwax
I wanted to make the volume control external and up high. So when I’m walking with her I can control it with out having to bend all the way over

The crank knob would be awesome.. but the same the crank box is part of the pack it wasn’t possible.. that’s when I though of this

I just drilled a center hole in the resistor and am going to use that as the volume control!

I’m really happy with how it came out

Next I decided to throw Doug’s magnet hook on. I over tightened it and snapped it

I don’t think this will hinder its performance. I stuck the wand on multiple times and even stuck the pack to my table a few times to make sure the pieces didn’t come out

Maybe I’ll try and find a replacement, but I think I’ll be fine

She’s starting to come together..

I just need the weather...
NickFame13 liked this
By halliwax
Little progress tonight after dinner

Installed Doug’s kit tonight

I originally cut this out, and then opened the booster tube up to let more sound out. Possibly maybe run a e-cig up and out the booster, but I don’t know about that yet

All the prints fit flawlessly, zero work needs to be done, they all clip right in

Alittle but closer

I went with red lenses and the frosted, I KINDA like the idea of seeing the red LED.. so I may remove the frosted

So close...
NickFame13 liked this
By hoodaman
nice! You put your volume pot in almost the same spot where I put mine. It just seems to make sense right there.
By BRD 527
I used the same magnet hook on the 2nd spirit pack I started a few months ago and it cracked the same as yours on install. I play ghostbusters with my girlfriends 7 year old son most days for 30-45 min without any issues so far (KNOCK ON WOOD!) I love how the rail for the wand has predrilled holes for the screws so you can still take the wand apart after install!
By halliwax
Guys I am a little stumped..

So I got a order from GBfans shop, which was super fast btw!

I ordered a TON of clipped hose, 1/4red, 1/4 blue, 1/4 green, 1/8 yellow and 1/8 red

I bought plenty extra for my own pack. I’m trying to figure out where the 1/8” red tubing goes?!

It all looks like it’s 1/4” red tubing on the pack and the Legris ends on the thrower?

I’m also stumped that it looks like it should be 1/4 yellow for the ion arm, instead of 1/8”?

Am I correct?
By BRD 527
the only 1/4 tubing on either of my spirit packs is the bit between the clippard elbows on the pack that gets covered with split loom everything else I used 1/8 tubing which is a direct replacement for what comes on the pack.
By halliwax
BRD 527 wrote:the only 1/4 tubing on either of my spirit packs is the bit between the clippard elbows on the pack that gets covered with split loom everything else I used 1/8 tubing which is a direct replacement for what comes on the pack.
Sorry I should have been more clear. I’m kinda upgrading everything on the spirit to the real pack specs.

I was curious where the 1/8” hose goes on the real pack

I didnt think the yellow hose on the real pack was 1/8, it looked the same as all the rest which is 1/4?

Thanks for your reply though! Much appreciated!
By halliwax
Tommorris22 wrote:Did you account for the red 1/8th that’s on the thrower tip?
Yes, so I’ve been going over the reference photos

Can you guys correct me if I’m wrong

Thrower banjos get 1/8” red

Thrower Clippard barbs gets 1/4” green

Legris straights and elbows gets 1/8” red

The Clippard elbows get 1/4” red with wire loam covering it

Injector tunes both get 1/4 “ red and blue

Large resistor to PPD gets 1/4” blue

Small resistor gets 1/8” yellow

I think that covers it all
By BRD 527
I thought the loom covered 1/4 tube between the clippard elbows was supposed to be blue but I guess it doesn't really matter as you cant really see it, I used blue loom covered on my first spirit pack and left the stock green on my second as im making it look more like TVG MkI packs.

I swapped out all the stock tubing on my first pack for 1/8 real stuff with real fittings, I was going to use 1/4 green on the thrower but I had a roll of green wire pretty close to 1/8 so I just used that
By halliwax
BRD 527 wrote:I thought the loom covered 1/4 tube between the clippard elbows was supposed to be blue but I guess it doesn't really matter as you cant really see it, I used blue loom covered on my first spirit pack and left the stock green on my second as im making it look more like TVG MkI packs.

I swapped out all the stock tubing on my first pack for 1/8 real stuff with real fittings, I was going to use 1/4 green on the thrower but I had a roll of green wire pretty close to 1/8 so I just used that
Thanks buddy! I think I’m going to do like you and just leave the factory green tube
By halliwax
Haven’t done much in the last few days, I did print a cap for the booster tube

Cut out the factory one and installed this 3d print with more sound holes for the speaker

Blue brick should be dropped off tonight so I’ll wire that up, see if this booster cap makes a difference

I also printed a plate for the thrower, to help hold the handle better

Don’t have any 3mm cap screws.. so I may just go with painted brass...
By halliwax
I really haven’t had much time to work of my nieces pack. I’ve been busy finishing up a few other projects for friends. While I was waiting for paint to dry I did alittle here and there on pack

I managed to grab some strapping, I want to run the strapping from inside the thrower to the mother board.. I got 4ft but should have gotten 5 or 6... with 1 foot of it making its way out the thrower (bolted to ghostlabs magnet hook) the strapping is too short..

I figured I could throw some tubing on. All the tubing was purchased in the GB fans shop. The resistors are all from heavyprops

This brings me down memory lane. In the old days all I had was resin parts, so I would drill and install a rivet, then glue the tubing to the rivet

A little e6000, this stuff is amazing

I then installed some dry wall patch in the N filter... now thinking this will probably bite me in the end.. I still am waiting on the fletcher ecig setup.. bet the screen mash gets in my way of the install.. fingers crossed!!

I got some 5mm elbows. They came black so I sprayed them grey, it’s good enough for her. I just filled the end of the elbow with e6000 and shoved the yellow tubing in it, works extremely well

Elbows before paint
Then installed

Also did my rivet trick on the thrower tube.

I got brass Clippard elbows and barbs on the way. With resin Legris straights

The resin Legris straights I have to come up with a plan.. looking over how the spirit straights are mounted.. idk what I’m about to do... worst case 3d print a adapter plate

Things are coming to a close.. this is a really fun stress free project

And thank everyone for your help so far

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]