Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By Kingpin
Davideverona wrote: May 14th, 2019, 2:09 pm In other news, they're doing a Honey I Shrunk the Kids sequel-boot with Zalinsky son as the main character. The movie will be titled Shrunk.
You know what I hate about the modern movie industry? This belief that any film title longer than a word or two is either not catchy enough, or not simple enough for some of the lazy morons who happen to see films to understand. You can't always sum up a film with a single word, take note from Back to the Future, The Day the Earth Stood Still, The Lord of the Rings, To Kill a Mockingbird, Silence of the Lambs, or Gone With the Wind.
Dr.D, philmorgan81, RichRyan1507 and 3 others liked this
By philmorgan81
Kingpin wrote: May 14th, 2019, 3:20 pm
Davideverona wrote: May 14th, 2019, 2:09 pm In other news, they're doing a Honey I Shrunk the Kids sequel-boot with Zalinsky son as the main character. The movie will be titled Shrunk.
You know what I hate about the modern movie industry? This belief that any film title longer than a word or two is either not catchy enough, or not simple enough for some of the lazy morons who happen to see films to understand. You can't always sum up a film with a single word, take note from Back to the Future, The Day the Earth Stood Still, The Lord of the Rings, To Kill a Mockingbird, Silence of the Lambs, or Gone With the Wind.
I agree with you there. Thank You. One of the things that bothers me in the modern film industry is throwing around the term REBOOT. It just seems like they use that term to describe both sequels and remakes. I understand that the purpose of a new film is to potentially Reboot a franchise, but when said reboot is set in the same continuity as the previous films then I personally consider it a SEQUEL. It may be a sequel that is set an X amount of years later, but it is still a SEQUEL. :):):)
RichRyan1507 liked this
By Sav C
Don't forget these two classics Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb, and Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex* (*But Were Afraid to Ask).

To be honest, the latter doesn't hold up too well nowadays compared to some of Woody's other films. I do enjoy Woody's films, particularly the early, funny ones.
By philmorgan81
Forgive me I know we have been here before, but I have got to say Bill Murray's performance in The Dead Don't Die really makes me believe that he could still pull off one more Ghostbusters movie. It seems to be a nice peak into what it would be like seeing an older Venkman dealing with the Supernatural. Not too different in the way Venkman would deal with it in his prime, but this movie has that feel to it. :):):)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qttlm7Eob ... =mv-google
By Doctor Venkman
philmorgan81 wrote: May 14th, 2019, 3:50 pm

I agree with you there. Thank You. One of the things that bothers me in the modern film industry is throwing around the term REBOOT. It just seems like they use that term to describe both sequels and remakes. I understand that the purpose of a new film is to potentially Reboot a franchise, but when said reboot is set in the same continuity as the previous films then I personally consider it a SEQUEL. It may be a sequel that is set an X amount of years later, but it is still a SEQUEL. :):):)
HUGE pet peeve of mine as well. A reboot means to reset the universe. A long awaited sequel is not a reboot.
By Doctor Venkman
Slimered wrote: May 14th, 2019, 4:17 pm

https://twitter.com/dan_aykroyd/status/ ... 97792?s=19

Tomorrow Dan will be a guest in a podcast. GB20 questions?
Hopefully somebody asks about the original Ghostbusters in Ghostbusters 3.
Don’t count on much info. At this point they’re likely waiting to announce anything like that til Fan Fest.
By Davideverona
Doctor Venkman wrote: May 14th, 2019, 7:17 pm
Don’t count on much info. At this point they’re likely waiting to announce anything like that til Fan Fest.
I know, but a nice "well, I can't say anything" would be good :) also, Uncle Dan spoiled the existence of the project back in November, two months before the official announcement.

I remember an Ivan interview were he said that he has gone crazy over Dan's continuous promises of shooting GB3 "next year"

"I had to tell him to keep his mouth shut until we had a good enough script"

If you're wondering what's Jason doing... He's at the Funko Pops offices, judging by his Instagram story.
Sav C liked this
By timeware
I would hope that funko pop leaks aren't the first images of the new costumes we get to see. They could end up having the new actors in GB uniforms while they won't necessarily suit up in the film. Of course I will be one of the first in line to purchase them as I already have a decent funko collection already started.
By back
No. Just No. :sigh:
Kingpin liked this
By SpaceBallz
BILL SAYS HE'S READY TO DO ANOTHER GHOSTBUSTERS!!

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/05/bill- ... 41338/amp/
RichRyan1507, Alphagaia, robbritton and 4 others liked this
By Alphagaia
Great news! I'm so happy right now!!!!

Like a true gentleman he even explained why he did ATC, to help his friends McCarthy and McKinnon.

On the other hand, he does mention he hates that the suits are taking overthemovie business with his coca cola story.
By Davideverona
Coover5 wrote: May 15th, 2019, 9:45 am This is it. This is definitely it.
I think it is, too.

He ALWAYS answered "we'll see", "not really interested", "it's hard to do another one", "it's a nightmare".

Now he simply said "I'd do another one". Maybe it's the connection with Jason being Ivan son, maybe it's because Jason is a respected and talented filmmaker and not a studio puppet.

Mind you, he didn't said "yes, I'm in". We still don't know if the originals are in it, but it's nice to hear Bill availability from the man himself.
By back
SpaceBallz wrote: May 15th, 2019, 9:14 am BILL SAYS HE'S READY TO DO ANOTHER GHOSTBUSTERS!!

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/05/bill- ... 41338/amp/
Hmmmm.... :/
Dr.D wrote: May 15th, 2019, 10:25 am Cautiously optimistic. Only because that is the most positive I've ever heard him talk about another Ghostbusters movie.
Okay, sure - I can dig that. *Thumbs Up!* ...But what year is it coming out now? (considering his dislike for GB2... I dont want Bill to Hate & potentially delay the release of the project). :walterpeck:
Like Dr.D said, Cautious Optimism should be held by all.
deadderek, mrmichaelt liked this
By philmorgan81
Well this is some very welcome news. Well I guess the ball is in Jason and the Studios court on weather Bill will be involved now. Like many hear I am very optimistic and this little tid-bit is enough to sustain me until the first theatrical trailer. I am very satisfied. It is just nice to know that he'd be willing to participate. I definately think we are more likely to see him in the new Ghostbusters Movie than Fan Fest. This made my day. :):):)
By Slimered
Doctor Venkman wrote: May 14th, 2019, 7:17 pm
He might give a slight hint. Like 'Wait and see'.
By Dr.D
Ben is correct.

And before you trot off on your high horse, you should remember that this still means nothing. He said he's be open to it. Pretty amazing how alot of the unfriendly discourse on this thread is stemming from a single source.
savintheday liked this

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]