Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By back
Kingpin wrote: May 15th, 2019, 4:27 pm
Slimered wrote: May 15th, 2019, 4:15 pm It's like I said all along. He did Answer The Call, so he'll do this.
Try not to be too smug about it, even a broken clock's right twice a day.
Practicing some Cautious Optimism there Ben? ;-)
Dr.D wrote: May 15th, 2019, 4:34 pm Ben is correct.
Twice a day? LOL ;-)
mrmichaelt liked this
By Coover5
This Bill Murray news is too bad. I think we were all looking forward to this

Slimered
Slimered wrote: April 17th, 2019, 4:09 pm If Bill Murray isn't in this I'll do my supermarket shopping naked.
But I'm excited for this

SpaceBallz
SpaceBallz wrote: March 23rd, 2019, 9:00 pm If Bill Murray has anything more than a 10-second cameo I will eat my own shorts and post the video in this very thread.
Last edited by Coover5 on May 15th, 2019, 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
back, Sav C liked this
By back
Coover5 wrote: May 15th, 2019, 4:58 pm This Bill Murray news is too bad. I think we were all looking forward to this
Slimered wrote: April 17th, 2019, 4:09 pm

If Bill Murray isn't in this I'll do my supermarket shopping naked.
But I'm excited for this
SpaceBallz wrote: March 23rd, 2019, 9:00 pm If Bill Murray has anything more than a 10-second cameo I will eat my own shorts and post the video in this very thread.
Im and so F*cking glad I wasnt quoted in that post ;) LMAO
Coover5, Sav C liked this
By timeware
Yeah. We've been down this road before, so I'm not jumping on the band wagon until I see a pic of him in costume at least. It is nice to hear him say he want's to be apart of this. Anything can happen between now and then. Schedule conflicts etc. They could drop a Caddy Shack reboot on us the very week he's supposed to be on set for filming. If he's on tape saying this then I'm a hundred percent stoked. All we know is the article could be de bunked by the time we wake up in the morning.
By Davideverona
He has a Sofia Coppola movie who starts shooting in the next weeks, THAT could overlap with GB20.

And I like to remember he was asked the same thing on September 2008 and he answered "yes, I think I could do it, the wounds from Ghostbusters 2 are healed"
By Coover5
The Sofia Coppola movie could prevent him from being a main character in GB20 but that being said as film theaters have gone digital Murray could film scenes just a few weeks or up to a week before the film premieres and the footage will still make it into the final cut. That's what is so crazy about film making now. Special effects aren't up to that sort of speed but filming is. Depending on this scenes Bill Murray just needs about two weeks of filming from now until a couple weeks before release if he's to be a semi important character in GB20. But that's also true for anyone. We'll be guessing about added cameos until the final release of the film because it's possible they will be filmed at any time. Rick Moranis who has been even more headstrong about not returning for Ghostbusters could change his mind a month before the films release and we could get Louis Tully as an important figure or extended cameo. Anything is possibly now.
SpaceBallz liked this
By SpaceBallz
This is true. Jack Black filmed "A house with Clocks in its walls" (?) Whilst filming scenes for "Goosebumps 2" as well. Then again, maybe they pushed the filming schedule to coincide with Bill's schedule?
By robbritton
Ectojeff88 wrote: May 16th, 2019, 11:33 am Anybody realize the happy coincidence of this movie releasing in 2020 and that’s the same last 4 digits on the Ecto-1A phone number? JL5-2020 Woah!
Shame the projected release date isn’t JuLy 5th, 2020!
Kingpin, Sav C liked this
By back
SpaceBallz wrote: May 15th, 2019, 11:13 pm This is true. Jack Black filmed "A house with Clocks in its walls" (?) Whilst filming scenes for "Goosebumps 2" as well. Then again, maybe they pushed the filming schedule to coincide with Bill's schedule?
Thinking the same thing here.
back wrote: May 15th, 2019, 11:50 am Okay, sure - I can dig that. *Thumbs Up!* ...But what year is it coming out now? (considering his dislike for GB2... I dont want Bill to Hate & potentially delay the release of the project). :walterpeck:
Like Dr.D said, Cautious Optimism should be held by all.
Dr.D, SpaceBallz liked this
By Seth Rex
The way I see it, and consider this just a theory until confirmed, but they're as of now they have just a little over 1 year 1 month until the release date. I would not be surprised if they're waiting until Fan fest or after, to announce the full cast. And I, hopefully, wouldn't be surprised to find out that most if not all the original cast is part of that announcement.
deadderek, RichRyan1507, Sav C and 1 others liked this
By Slimered
Coover5 wrote: May 15th, 2019, 4:58 pm This Bill Murray news is too bad. I think we were all looking forward to this

Slimered
Slimered wrote: April 17th, 2019, 4:09 pm If Bill Murray isn't in this I'll do my supermarket shopping naked.
But I'm excited for this

SpaceBallz
The supermarket shopping thing would have given you all nightmares for weeks. Guaranteed.
Sav C, robbritton liked this
By Alphagaia
deadderek wrote: May 16th, 2019, 3:54 pm Agreed. Though I'd bet the farm that Bill Murray is a cameo or 2 at best.
We are going to get a lot of farm jokes aren't we.

Also, make that bet a little more interesting, like the others have. What are you willing to eat that a sane man wouldn't?
Sav C liked this
By Sav C
Alphagaia wrote: May 16th, 2019, 4:21 pm Also, make that bet a little more interesting, like the others have. What are you willing to eat that a sane man wouldn't?
Pineapple pizza, dipped in milk. (That's just a suggestion, I would never, in my life, eat that.)
Alphagaia liked this
By mrmichaelt
Davideverona wrote:Did they set up offices in Calgary or is it too early?
Presumably. I'm pretty sure setting up the office is part and parcel during pre-production.
By ghoulishfright
deadderek wrote: May 16th, 2019, 3:54 pm Agreed. Though I'd bet the farm that Bill Murray is a cameo or 2 at best.

My thoughts exactly. Either that, or this is all just one big publicity stunt -- part of the Christmas gift foreplay -- and Bill Murray has already secretly signed on to do the movie, because at this point there's no possible way to rewrite the script, if Venkman is supposed to be a principal player.
By RichRyan1507
Kingpin wrote: May 17th, 2019, 11:51 am
Davideverona wrote: May 17th, 2019, 5:40 am Gb16 too fake.
Answer the Call's Slimer was fine, a puppet base with CG enhancement on-top.
I'm in the middle on the ATC Slimer. He was a little too cartoony for me, but I didn't really mind his overall makeup. I just felt, like all of the other callbacks to 1984 in the film, he was kind of "Thrown in there" for nostalgia. When they added in "Mrs. Slimer", they completely lost me. That was just dumb.
savintheday liked this

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]