Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By Alphagaia
I'll say ATC looks the most consistently well done, but Slimer on the diner car and in the hotdogstand in GB1 look the best. Him fleeing Ray, circling the chandelier, and bouncing away from Spenglers stream are the worst. Basically the stationary scenes are the best, but his fly towards the screen is also very well done ( though, they did that by moving the camera towards him). He loses detail when he moves in the other shots.
I dislike his GB2 design.

The difference being he looks more otherworldly in GB1, which I prefer, while in ATC has a more human intelligence and expression.
Davideverona liked this
By Slimered
Davideverona wrote: May 17th, 2019, 3:31 pmhttps://youtu.be/NJNmRl_iVBc

Did Dan let slip some beans??? I think he mentions GRANDCHILDREN speaking about the next movie.

https://globalnews.ca/video/5290233/dan ... in-toronto

Dan mentions a new draft coming soon and Bill being excited by the new movie.
Bill Murray being excited about it suggests he at least has a key role. Jason Reitman has probably already signed him up.
By SpaceBallz
On "CGI enhanced Slimer Puppet" - No. Sorry, it just looked too animated. The original Slimer did look more realistic simply because it was all puppet with a glow optical effect layered on top. I just watched a short video on the new Child's Play reboot where they made Chucky all practical, and it looks amazing. I hope they do the same with Ghostbusters 3.

On Dan's idea for "Ghostbusters High" - ...why? LOL! They don't have equipment and they're not gonna bust any ghosts. Just them "ghost hunting" with a camera and PKE?
savintheday, RichRyan1507, back and 1 others liked this
By mrmichaelt
Davideverona wrote: May 17th, 2019, 3:31 pmhttps://youtu.be/NJNmRl_iVBc

Did Dan let slip some beans??? I think he mentions GRANDCHILDREN speaking about the next movie.
It's more of a interpret it as you may. At 1:07-08, the reporter asked "It will be the children or grandchildren?" then from 09-11, Aykroyd answered, "Yeah, that's right. That's right."
Davideverona wrote: May 17th, 2019, 3:31 pm Dan mentions a new draft coming soon and Bill being excited by the new movie.
Hmm, perhaps its the shooting script.
By philmorgan81
SpaceBallz wrote: May 17th, 2019, 5:09 pm On "CGI enhanced Slimer Puppet" - No. Sorry, it just looked too animated. The original Slimer did look more realistic simply because it was all puppet with a glow optical effect layered on top. I just watched a short video on the new Child's Play reboot where they made Chucky all practical, and it looks amazing. I hope they do the same with Ghostbusters 3.

On Dan's idea for "Ghostbusters High" - ...why? LOL! They don't have equipment and they're not gonna bust any ghosts. Just them "ghost hunting" with a camera and PKE?

Oh I love Dan Aykroyd, but I think he is the only one that wants to see the Teenage Original Characters concept. I mean if I am not mistaken the Librarian Ghost is the First Ghost that any of them had ever seen. If you go that much further back from the film. I don't think it would be very interesting. I agree with you there. Of the hundreds of ideas and directions that the franchise could go this one has me the least excited. Even Dan says it is an idea for down the line meaning it is not really high priority. It's jus Dan being Dan. Wouldn't have him any other way. :):):)
By back
Coover5 wrote: May 17th, 2019, 12:24 pm If you're not going to use real lost souls summoned by a Ouija board why bother?
Hasnt the infamous Ouija Board been a little Over-Done? :roland: A good ol' Un-Natural Disaster is what we need! LOL
By timeware
Waking up this morning I saw "new costumes announced" on the news feed. Then I clicked on it and said damn it. These aren't the costumes I'm looking for. As for the Ouija board stuff I'd rather not see the Ghostbusters resort to that. You can always cause mass death by holding a Barbra Streisand concert. That's a natural disaster in itself.
Kingpin, back, SpaceBallz and 1 others liked this
By Sav C
timeware wrote: May 18th, 2019, 7:51 amYou can always cause mass death by holding a Barbra Streisand concert. That's a natural disaster in itself.
You strike me as a South Park fan. Good show--I watch it with my siblings. I do, however, like Streisand.
By Slimered
SpaceBallz wrote: May 17th, 2019, 5:09 pm On "CGI enhanced Slimer Puppet" - No. Sorry, it just looked too animated. The original Slimer did look more realistic simply because it was all puppet with a glow optical effect layered on top. I just watched a short video on the new Child's Play reboot where they made Chucky all practical, and it looks amazing. I hope they do the same with Ghostbusters 3.

Ghostbusters High could be fun as a Stranger Things-style Netflix series. You only really need to tease the ghosts, and not reveal whether or not they were paranormal spirits.
Sav C liked this
By Sav C
Slimered wrote: May 19th, 2019, 4:10 pm Dead in here again.
Darn Ouija board...
I guess I must be the only person not watching Game of Thrones (never watched it in my life).
Same here. Looks cool, though. Wish I got the Home Box Office.
By Kingpin
Slimered wrote: May 19th, 2019, 4:10 pm Dead in here again.
It's a Sunday evening, what are you expecting? We'll discuss the news when there's news to discuss.
Sav C wrote: May 19th, 2019, 4:33 pmWish I got the Home Box Office.
The past seven seasons are out on DVD and BluRay.
Sav C, mrmichaelt, deadderek and 1 others liked this
By Sav C
Good to know--that's how I watch Curbed Your Enthusiasm and The Larry Sanders Show. I feel like a Ghostbusters show would be well suited for HBO.
By Slimered
Sav C wrote: May 19th, 2019, 6:50 pm Good to know--that's how I watch Curbed Your Enthusiasm and The Larry Sanders Show. I feel like a Ghostbusters show would be well suited for HBO.
I'd say Netflix. I can picture a Ghostbusters television series on there easily.
By Davideverona
I was wondering, how many months in advance a production starts building the sets?

I mean, GB3 starts shooting in July, 14th....could it really be that it's an interior set already set up?
By Coover5
It's partly based on time and space. If I remember correctly, Spider-Man (2002) had so many sets they had to film then tear down a set to make room for another set. But there's also exterior set up. Wasn't The Shire worked on a year in advance? Some films don't build any sets but redecorate real places that exist so that could be done in a couple weeks before filming and others productions use a major film studios cache of sets. Keeping in mind how long in advance film studios typical give a film from start to finish I suspect they are late in getting to sets and not early.
By Coover5
The pipes not being inside the wall and the radiator definitely indicate that but the bikes and the black and red rug indicate the setting dressing is for modern day. It's an odd mix of eras.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]