By halliwax
This project has come to a stand still I injured my back.

I haven’t done anything the last 3 days because of my back. But last I was doing was going to wire up the blue brick to Doug’s kit

My question is, when I flip the power switch on the blue brick there is a red light indicator.

I know his instructions say to put a toggle switch between the blue brick and board

And leave the power switch on the blue brick but with the blue brick having a led indicator, won’t that kill the battery?

By QuartZ
Oh man, sorry to hear about your back! I too suffer from back issues and I can certainly sympathize! Take a break and recover. You are really hauling on this project.

I don't have any help for you on the blue brick. I haven't even opened the box for mine yet... but you did inspire me to buy the Spirit pack so I'm counting on you to pull through and finish your niece's pack in all its glory.

Take care of yourself bud!

-Dana
By halliwax
Thanks Dana!! Really appreciate it.. been laying on the floor with legs levitated the last 2 days.. fun stuff

Takes 30 mins to get off the floor to take a leak.. fun times

My uncle is a chiropractor, thank god for him..
By mike_waclo
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

halliwax wrote: May 19th, 2019, 6:45 pm My question is, when I flip the power switch on the blue brick there is a red light indicator. I know his instructions say to put a toggle switch between the blue brick and board

And leave the power switch on the blue brick but with the blue brick having a led indicator, won’t that kill the battery?

So I don't have the blue brick battery; I purchased one of these instead:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MF70BPU

That said, this battery has five small LEDs on it that show the status of the charge that are always on while the switch is on, and I attached it inside my pack with an external kill switch. I've had my pack finished since the start of the year with the battery switched on, and when I recently opened up the pack a few months later to make an adjustment, the lights were still at 4 out of 5.

Basically, those little indicator lights are drawing so little power, it'd probably take almost a year to drain the battery.
NickFame13 liked this
By halliwax
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

mike_waclo wrote:
halliwax wrote: May 19th, 2019, 6:45 pm My question is, when I flip the power switch on the blue brick there is a red light indicator. I know his instructions say to put a toggle switch between the blue brick and board

So I don't have the blue brick battery; I purchased one of these instead:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MF70BPU

That said, this battery has five small LEDs on it that show the status of the charge that are always on while the switch is on, and I attached it inside my pack with an external kill switch. I've had my pack finished since the start of the year with the battery switched on, and when I recently opened up the pack a few months later to make an adjustment, the lights were still at 4 out of 5.

Basically, those little indicator lights are drawing so little power, it'd probably take almost a year to drain the battery.
Thanks so much for the reply, so my main concern was it being safe to leave on. I really appreciate your advice!
By halliwax
[Youtube][/Youtube]So i totally stopped updating this thread. it was a shame, i had a lot of fun doing this. I finished it, and did a little video of it.

I just wanted to thank everyone here for helping me through this, it made her Halloween. Big shout out to Doug, this was awesome!!

[Youtube]https://youtu.be/LJVgoBwhUOQ[/Youtube]
NickFame13 liked this
The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]