Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By Davideverona
This just dawned on me.
In his last interview Aykroyd said that they were talking with Jason about GB20 for the last two years. That pose the "exchanging ideas" period from post ATC release, fall of 2016, to Jason giving Sony a complete script, fall of 2018.

Read what Ivan said in the summer of 2017.

https://screenrant.com/ghostbusters-3-s ... old-ramis/

Maybe they moved away from that idea.. But what if we get to see Ghost Egon somehow helping his niece and her sons?
By timeware
I always assumed there would be some kind of involvement with Egon. Maybe not as a full blown apparition, but in tiny ways. Think small parlor tricks like maybe knocking a tool box off a shelf that contains the PKE meter or something along those lines. Having Egon's name engraved on the tool box, or other quick easter eggs will probably be there.
By Slimered
timeware wrote: May 22nd, 2019, 11:09 am I always assumed there would be some kind of involvement with Egon. Maybe not as a full blown apparition, but in tiny ways. Think small parlor tricks like maybe knocking a tool box off a shelf that contains the PKE meter or something along those lines. Having Egon's name engraved on the tool box, or other quick easter eggs will probably be there.
I still reckon Egon died in tragic circumstances regarding a mission with the original Ghostbusters, and when that tragedy nearly repeats itself with one of the other original Ghostbusters they must come to the realisation that they are too old for the job now; it's time to let the younger generation take over.
SpaceBallz liked this
By philmorgan81
Slimered wrote:[quote=timeware post_id=4918322 time=<a href="tel:1558544972">1558544972</a> user_id=5230]
I always assumed there would be some kind of involvement with Egon. Maybe not as a full blown apparition, but in tiny ways. Think small parlor tricks like maybe knocking a tool box off a shelf that contains the PKE meter or something along those lines. Having Egon's name engraved on the tool box, or other quick easter eggs will probably be there.
I still reckon Egon died in tragic circumstances regarding a mission with the original Ghostbusters, and when that tragedy nearly repeats itself with one of the other original Ghostbusters they must come to the realisation that they are too old for the job now; it's time to let the younger generation take over.[/quote]

I know that maybe it wouldn’t be as dramatic, but if his absence is brought up which I am pretty confident it will I hope Egon just passed of natural causes. I mean Pat Morita Passed in real life and they didn’t have Miagi killed off in a horrific way in Cobra Kai. :):):)
By SpaceBallz
Dan Aykroyd teases the New Ghostbusters will be "Quite Scary."

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/247216 ... uite-scary

"Ivan Reitman’s son Jason has written a beautiful script, I can’t say too much about it but it’s going to get made and hopefully there’ll be some familiar faces. … It’s so different from even the first and second [movies]. This just takes it to a new generation and a new direction that is so warm, heartfelt and, indeed, quite scary when you confront some of the issues that are being discussed."
Sav C liked this
By Slimered
SpaceBallz wrote: May 23rd, 2019, 3:06 pmDan Aykroyd teases the New Ghostbusters will be "Quite Scary."

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/247216 ... uite-scary

"Ivan Reitman’s son Jason has written a beautiful script, I can’t say too much about it but it’s going to get made and hopefully there’ll be some familiar faces. … It’s so different from even the first and second [movies]. This just takes it to a new generation and a new direction that is so warm, heartfelt and, indeed, quite scary when you confront some of the issues that are being discussed."
Sounds promising. Different is good. The best sequels reinvent their franchises.
By back
Davideverona wrote: May 23rd, 2019, 10:53 pmhttps://www.instagram.com/p/Bx0lDW0prRx ... rcqk0ki2nw

New Jason's Tweet!!!

He's still scouting.
well, at least they're dirty.
Sav C wrote: May 23rd, 2019, 11:42 pm Awesome to see! Glad you're keeping us updated on this stuff, since I don't have Instagram!
I dont have Instagram either and just wanna thank Everyone for posting tweets, instagrams, etc for this flick as they come in! :D
Again, Much Appreciated! :)
Sav C, Davideverona liked this
By Coover5
Depends on what it is. Many have suggested a pke meter activating on its own. That would take very little time if they have the prop available. Set in the barn with the same mysterious tinkerer in the background as a pke meter activates in the foreground would be a day of shooting with a week of set up. Another fast teaser to film with even less set up: Close up of a closet where a flight suit hangs. We hear foot steps approaching. There's a reluctant sigh. A hand enters frame removing the flight suit from the hanger. Not that I think either should be done but Jason, being a much smarter person and better film maker than anyone in this forum, could think of something thrilling and fast to film.
deadderek liked this
By timeware
They'll have time to shoot another trailer for the con I'm sure. Yeah if they treat the prequel like cobra Kai it should do well. Venkman throws a party, Ray scares off the guests by opening a spell book. Don't be surprised to see a crappy cell phone capture of the con trailer weeks before we get to see it.as for Ghostbusters high let's hope the effects are better then Scooby Doo at least.
By Coover5
The film was greenlit in December so they had only needed 6 weeks or so to make the teaser (probably less) Wouldn't be surprised if they filmed several teasers all at once. But they may have something bigger for us than a teaser.
deadderek liked this
By Davideverona
Coover5 wrote: May 25th, 2019, 11:15 am The film was greenlit in December so they had only needed 6 weeks or so to make the teaser (probably less) Wouldn't be surprised if they filmed several teasers all at once. But they may have something bigger for us than a teaser.
Jason was at the Kevin Smith podcast in mid December and off air he said that the day after he had to go and shoot the teaser.
By SpaceBallz
Well a Wizard World rep told a podcast that Jason "will have a few things to show" at the fest. Should be fun.
deadderek liked this
By Slimered
SpaceBallz wrote: May 25th, 2019, 4:27 pm Well a Wizard World rep told a podcast that Jason "will have a few things to show" at the fest. Should be fun.
I'm predicting an Ernie Hudson and Dan Ayrkroyd reveal, then they'll say 'Sadly, Bill Murray didn't want to appear in this new film...'

Only for Bill Murray to kick the door down in full Ghostbusters gear and shout 'What did you say? I signed a contract, Dan!'

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]