Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
I'm more interested in the photo ops. Personally speaking an autograph is fine, but you have more proof that you met the celebrity with a photo. You hold up Stan-Lee's signature people are like cool, but with a photo you get more ooh's and awes. 55 for a photo op is a very reasonable price when some celebs charge up to a hundred bucks almost.
NotSabbat liked this
True. But $55 for a photo op, no auto, for a crew member or someone that’s not well known other than GB is excessive. To me, what am I getting for $1,000 then? Entry to a show, a tote bag and panel access, plus a photo op with 6-7 cast members? I guess for that price point, I expected a VIP type package that included all the related guests. Similar to how WW does every other event they are in charge of. $2000-2500 to meet and get autos with everyone listed is overcharging, and what’s worse is the terms and conditions of these packages changes at the blink of an eye, and they don’t have prices for everything listed. It’s impossible to plan a trip around that. I guess I’m the only one that thinks the way it’s being “organized” is hosing the fans more than helping them, and it’s clear it’s about getting money out of us.
mrmichaelt wrote: May 20th, 2019, 6:26 pm Erik Burnham and Dan Schoening will be at the fest.
https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/ ... 1832312834

WHHHAAAAATTTTT????????? Well now I HAVE to go. I LOVE the comics and have been hoping to see Dan at a con.

My pack even has the double HGAs like the comic packs:

mrmichaelt, Kingpin, back and 1 others liked this
Slob's listing has been taken down. Several people contacted Wizard World. There is some humanity left somewhere.
NotSabbat, SpaceBallz liked this
deadderek wrote: May 21st, 2019, 7:15 pm Slob's listing has been taken down. Several people contacted Wizard World. There is some humanity left somewhere.
That's fantastic! Now if only that actually got him banned from the con too!
NotSabbat wrote: May 23rd, 2019, 12:34 am Has anyone seen when the fest starts of friday/ when the screening starts?
I stumbled on something unofficial on the site (can't say where cuz it hasn't been released and I don't want to cause problems), but what I found says the screening starts at 6:00 PM on Friday.
Kingpin, Christof, NotSabbat and 1 others liked this
Doctor Venkman wrote: May 23rd, 2019, 10:07 am I stumbled on something unofficial on the site (can't say where cuz it hasn't been released and I don't want to cause problems), but what I found says the screening starts at 6:00 PM on Friday.
More info than I had before.
Last edited by Kingpin on May 24th, 2019, 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed quote code
Ok so Yes Have Some podcast had a Wizard World rep on that gave some new info.

- Friday night screening is at the Globe Theatre in Downtown LA, and the Fort Detmerring scenes will be shown
- There may be some other "unseen footage" shown as a surprise (the way this was said makes me think GB3)
- Saturday hours are 12:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Cleaning Up the Town and Ray Parker Jr.'s documentaries will be premiering (which we knew)
- They're planning some surprises still
- The Jason/Ivan Reitman photo package is now included for Class 10 ticket holders
- Some panels may overlap the screenings of the documentaries
- The Directors panel, the GB84 panel, and the Ray Parker Jr. concert will not overlap with anything, so those will be the main attractions (She also mentioned "something from Jason, whatever that might be")
- There is likely going to be some kind of "officially unofficial" after party on Saturday
I’m wondering when there will be some kind of official schedule and locations announced. We’re 2 weeks away. Getting super close now.
Wouldn’t want to be racing to downtown for the screening last minute because it was implied to be at the studio!

So far it’s still kind of unclear- we’ve had statements of both GB films screening OR just 1 with 7pm OR 6pm start, Saturday hours 11am-10pm OR 12pm-8pm.
Which is it?

I suspected as much with some events overlapping. Looks like we all will have to make some choices.
Ectojeff88 wrote: May 25th, 2019, 2:21 pm I’m wondering when there will be some kind of official schedule and locations announced. We’re 2 weeks away. Getting super close now.
Wouldn’t want to be racing to downtown for the screening last minute because it was implied to be at the studio!

So far it’s still kind of unclear- we’ve had statements of both GB films screening OR just 1 with 7pm OR 6pm start, Saturday hours 11am-10pm OR 12pm-8pm.
Which is it?

I suspected as much with some events overlapping. Looks like we all will have to make some choices.
The Wizard World rep (her name escapes me right now) seemed very involved in the planning, so I'd take the statements she made during this podcast as pretty solid.

That said, most cons tend to announce their schedules about a week or two beforehand, so I'd assume we're going to get that pretty soon.
Just to chime in, that was Lani Sarem from Wizard World who is the Fan Fest producer/event planner. She’s basically the top of the Fan Fest food chain.

Thanks for checking out the show!
Davideverona liked this
Doctor Venkman wrote:So it seems at least someone besides me has started to speculate that Frank Welker may not be appearing at Fan Fest anymore...

He's been removed from the Guest List, but is still listed in the purchasing site under ticket packages.

Curious...
He cancelled. They are trying to work it out, but doesn't look good.
ShiftyHenry wrote: May 29th, 2019, 1:28 pm
Doctor Venkman wrote:So it seems at least someone besides me has started to speculate that Frank Welker may not be appearing at Fan Fest anymore...

He's been removed from the Guest List, but is still listed in the purchasing site under ticket packages.

Curious...
He cancelled. They are trying to work it out, but doesn't look good.
Yep. Wizard World rep just confirmed it via email. That’s a bummer. They mentioned something else to help make up for it but I don’t know if I’m allowed to share.
BatDan wrote: May 29th, 2019, 10:43 pm I sure hope old Frank's okay and he didn't cancel for health reasons... it would've been nice to know the RGB were back together...they can still get Arsenio Hall to come at least?
Considering he doesn't even do meet and greets at his comedy shows, he's not much of a "fan friendly" guy.

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]