Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
Nice gallery of screen-grabs here.

http://doblu.com/2019/05/24/ghostbuster ... GLyIHWflqc

Excerpt:

"Here comes the good stuff. On a new bonus disc, a slew of deleted scenes show up. Seventeen of them, including the infamous Fort Detmering footage. It’s, uh, not worth the wait, but at least it’s finally out. Other cuts (including Murray and Aykroyd playing street bums) debuted a while back, but a few new ones with Moranis on his possessed rampage earn laughs."

That's the first indication I'd seen that we *might* possibly finally see the Keymaster taking on the would-be muggers.

The author of the review posted this in a Practical Effects group on Facebook, which is where I saw it. I think he had more screengrabs there than in the final article.

He also said he's currently watching the GBII disc and hopes to have his review of it up by tomorrow.

I asked him about the rumored 'Slimer flies out of the Statue of Liberty' theatrical ending of GB2, and a couple hours later he reported that it was nowhere to be found on the disc.

Alex
Last edited by Alex Newborn on May 24th, 2019, 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sav C wrote: May 24th, 2019, 12:51 pm Cool stuff! That's too bad about the GBII Slimer ending, but that was to be expected. :)
I'm firmly in the non-believer camp, so I didn't expect it to surface, but I'd be okay with being proven wrong.

~~~

The GB2 review is up now.

http://doblu.com/2019/05/24/ghostbuster ... hd-review/

Excerpt: "Drop in the additional bonus disc for a bit more. There’s a great surprise here in the complete episode of Oprah, promoting the movie with a good chunk of the cast on stage. It’s awesome, and runs 43-minutes. There’s an older EPK, but that still runs 41-minutes with lots of on-set footage edited between the typical promo interviews. Seven deleted scenes run a little over seven minutes, including one explaining why Dana seems at the forefront of each event. A sit-down interview with Aykroyd and Reitman discusses the sequel process, filmed a few years back. That runs 16-minutes.

A cool teaser trailer finally sees light from the archives and that includes the full commercial as partly seen in the movie. Bobby Brown’s undervalued pop jingle for this sequel is up last in music video form."

I've got the Oprah appearance on VHS and some digital formats, but after seeing higher-quality clips on Oprah's YouTube channel, I can only assume this release will be similarly crisp. I hadn't heard about them including the EPK (Electronic PressKit) so that makes me glad I never paid money for a bootleg copy last year. The teaser/commercial probably excites me the most out of all this.

Alex
deadderek wrote: May 27th, 2019, 12:12 am The Slimer ending didn't happen. People definately remember wrong.
Yeah, that bit is all Jovial Bob Stine.
I have Jovials book, definitely has some pictures in it from deleted scenes. Close up of the ceremony, but no slimer on the statue, just text saying so.. So did they get a script or a copy of the movie to write off of? Even if they didn't film it, considering how gb1 ended , they should have/ I could see them planning to.. would be interesting to contact him and see if he made it up.

Didn't know it was R.L. Stine's pen name. Probably easier to find harder to get a response
Last edited by ccv66 on May 27th, 2019, 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Slimer/Libby shot *is* described in the November '88 and the February '89 versions of the script by Aykroyd and Ramis.

https://www.theraffon.net/~spookcentral/gb2_script.htm

But that in itself is part of why I don't think it was ever in the movie.

I've told this tale many times, but... I was penpals with James Van Hise while he was writing the NOW Comics Real Ghostbusters title. I'd sent a fan letter to the comic mentioning that I had every episode of the cartoon taped on VHS, and funnily enough he had no way to get copies of specific episodes from Columbia, so he reached out to me and I provided dubs.

He told me he was adapting the sequel for the comic, and since he'd previously sent me some really great items as 'payment' for the tapes (like a copy of Making Ghostbusters, the UK novelisation of GB1 by Larry Milne, and a photocopy of the GB1 script), I naturally begged him for a copy of the GB2 script.

He said he couldn't send me one til the movie was out due to his NDA, but he wound up cutting it VERY close. I went to see the movie twice on opening day June 16, 1989 at the noon and 2pm matinees, and when I got home there was a copy of the GB2 script in my mailbox.

Which means from day one, I saw the film, saw it a second time, and then read the entire script.

And I have absolutely ZERO memory of seeing Slimer fly out of the crown of the Statue of Liberty, even though it's described in that script.

Seems like if I'd just seen that image, twice, and then read it in the script within a six-hour period, it would definitely have been "locked in" to my brain.

[I also kept a small notepad in my hand and jotted down first impressions of the film IN THE THEATRE. I will double-check, but I looked at it last year and saw no mention of Slimer at the end.]

Now, to be totally forthcoming, I have long believed that the film I saw on the big screen had minor differences to what came out on home video. The gut feeling was that during the "We're Back" montage and the end credit montage, certain things were swapped around and/or deleted.

But never once did I think, "Hey, what happened to Slimer at the end?"

So even if definitive proof of a Slimer/Liberty shot somehow were to surface, I would still be the cognitive dissonance guy saying, "Well, okay maybe the rumors were PARTIALLY true, but there must have been different theatrical prints, because he wasn't in the one that *I* saw..."

Alex
ccv66, Sav C, deadderek liked this
It's kinda become another example of the Mandela Effect (in fact I'd just had one, I could've sworn it was "Mandala Effect") like the Berenstein/Berenstain Bears, or a false memory - people swear seeing it in the theatre even though there's no evidence supporting the effects portion of the shot was ever put together.
I dug out the notepad that I had with me in the theatre on opening day.

All it says about the very end is "copter shot, statue, Manhattan".

No mention of Slimer.

Alas, unless I have this ink carbon-dated or something, I can't definitively prove I wrote that on June 16, 1989... as opposed to writing it at any time since.

On a side note, the most poignant entry in the entire notepad is my personal disappointment that there was no dedication to Gilda Radner in this movie, as she had just passed away less than a month before.

After all, according to this article about the documentary Love, Gilda (https://www.theringer.com/movies/2018/9 ... ocumentary) ...

'“Gilda used to say it was hard for her to see Ghostbusters, because every single guy in the movie had been her boyfriend at one time or another,” laughs [a] childhood friend.'

I was also momentarily confused by the fact that in my handwritten notes from opening day, I referred to the song selections by their names. I checked, though, and the album was released on May 26, three weeks before the movie came out. I'd probably been listening to it on a steady loop in preparation for the movie's debut.

Alex
I've seen the ending Slimer scene in visual form!!!

....in a Ghostbusters 2 coloring book. Where Ray has a mustache. It's definitely in there. He's hanging off of the Statue's torch.
Sav C, deadderek liked this
Good news, everyone!

We're going to get to see the Ecto parking ticket scene, too!

Delta88 shared another review of the set on Facebook about twenty minutes ago:

https://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/71645 ... rhdg2EoJmM

Here's the full list of deleted scenes!

For GB:

Ecto-1 Parking Ticket
Pulling Up to Fort Detmerring
Fort Detmerring Ghost
Louis Encounters Woman
Louis Encounters Muggers
Central Park Bums - Raw Takes
Nobel Prize Aspirations (I guess I didn't need to buy that LaserDisc for that scene, after all.)
Stake
Dana
Honeymooners
Winston
Bums
Busy
Promotion
E.P.A.
Puft Hat
"No Louis!"

And for GBII:

Dana's Curse
El Gato, The Cat
Sewer Invitation
Louis' Secret
Peter's Concern
Jack Buys It
Driving Miss Liberty

Alex
*NormalGamer*, Sav C, deadderek and 2 others liked this
I am really pleased that the deleted Ecto 1 parking scene is on the Ghostbusters Blu Ray, along with the Fort Detmerring scenes and Louis encounter with the muggers, I have longed to see this scene in full since I first saw the pictures of it online in the late 1990's. I do wish that the music videos for The Bus Boys "Cleaning Up The Town" and RunDMC's "Ghostbusters Rap' were included as well, but I can always rip a copy of them off of You Tube.
It kills me the wealth of material that exists somewhere for GB2 that we've never seen. I find the production of GB2 fascinating. The reshoots, the deleted scenes, the insane production schedule, how it all came together. We are finally getting a commentary track! Alas it was too late for commentary treasure trove Harold Ramis(the GB1 commentary track might be my favourite commentary of all time. I'm 90% sure they are getting high whilst commentating..but I digress) How about a solid making of? Some ILM behind the scenes stuff that we know Bill Forsche has? Not to mention deleted scenes...with finished composited FX. Reitman has even signalled a willingness, or rather hinted at a regret, for taking some scenes out. So I'd imagine an extended cut wouldn't be out of the possibility on the grounds of directorial involvement. But Sony. Friggin Sony. The company that won't even release Extreme Ghostbusters properly on DVD. Or ITunes. Or even the store they own! the PS Store! No. Nope. Not their style. They have to make things hard. They have to make fans engage in piracy to watch the cartoon. It's not available in any legal fashion in my region! It was on Amazon Prime...but lo and behold the ignorant hoopleheads took it off. It gives me pause to consider that maybe, just maybe, Sony doesn't give a crap about this franchise or it's fans, shocking as that might may seem. So here we are anniversary number 35, which is coincidentally the number of copies I have of both movies between VHS, DVD and blu ray.

Or how about that fan documentary that's been in production since Moses parted the Red Sea? The heck happened with that? But I guess Sony did do one decent thing for us fans: they allowed a fan to clean up and remaster the Real Ghostbusters pilot at his own expense and put it on this brand new disc. How embarrassing is that? A fan did the remaster and that fan had to contact Sony to make it all happen. Jesus...

The Slimer Statue of Liberty scene is nothing but a myth. Maybe Reitman will mention something on the commentary about it but I just can't fathom that happening(the sequence getting cut from home video release). We would've seen evidence of it somewhere. There were thousands of prints sent out to theatres in June 1989. Not a single one has turned up with any hint of alterations. We have the article in that FX magazine where the visual effects crew go pretty much scene by scene and talk about the making of the effects, even deleted scenes. Slimer coming out at the end? Not so much as a mention.

It's definatley the Mandela effect.
Sav C, Wafflerobot, *NormalGamer* and 2 others liked this
I'm in agreement with pretty much every thing you just said. To be honest, I've been surprised that new stuff from the first movie is just now being released. A few years back (when no new outtakes or promos were coming out) I suspected that there would likely be little to no previously unreleased footage made public. They must have an absolute treasure trove for GBII!

That's pretty rough about the fan restoring the Real Ghostbusters Intro. I remember he was posting on here about it. That's a really dedicated fan, going to all of that trouble to do that!
RichardLess wrote: June 8th, 2019, 7:33 pmIt gives me pause to consider that maybe, just maybe, Sony doesn't give a crap about this franchise or it's fans, shocking as that might may seem.
It doesn't. :) You weren't around for the windswept years of the early 2000s, but back then, we were lucky to get anything with the Ghostbusters logo. The franchise was so deeply neglected it was almost to the point Sony either didn't know what to do with it (probably a part-certainty), and maybe was even a little embarassed by it.

Compared to then, we're experiencing nirvana and Shangri La rolled into one. We're spoiled for Ghostbusters products and content.
RichardLess wrote: June 8th, 2019, 7:33 pm Or how about that fan documentary that's been in production since Moses parted the Red Sea? The heck happened with that?
Cleaning Up The Town had a premier at Cannes in early May: Link -and was due to have its worldwide premier at Fan Fest this weekend.
RedSpecial, deadderek liked this
I originally joined this forum 1 year and 7 months into its life and 1 year and 4 months after seeing a proton pack replica for the first time. Proton packs were made of wood and you went broke buying a Hyperdyne Labs light kit. If you wanted to buy something Ghostbusters related it was almost certainly fan made.

A proton pack of the quality of Spirit Halloween was pure fantasy and action figures of the movie busters was unimaginable. It really is the heyday for merchandise. Well, so we think. But I've got a feeling with GB20 things are going to get even better.
A Wal-Mart near me had stocked it early so I snagged it.

Slight bummer, because the Fort Detmerring scene seems to be missing some connective shots/etc (though who knows if those bits were even available in the vault), same with Louis/Muggers. There's no finished audio on the Detmerring arrival scene and you can hear how bad the Ecto's engine sounds, haha. When Ernie turns her off she clatters like she has a cold.

The unused teaser trailer for GB2 is one of the best things I've ever seen--had it been the real teaser and it played in front of theaters, it certainly would have had me hyped. That bit alone was worth the new set so far. In fact, if the first theatrical teaser for GB3 followed a similar concept, I think it'd set the hype into outer space for me and probably many others.

You'll all know what I mean when you see it. ;-)
NSGhostbusters liked this
Kingpin wrote: June 9th, 2019, 3:59 pm
RichardLess wrote: June 8th, 2019, 7:33 pmIt gives me pause to consider that maybe, just maybe, Sony doesn't give a crap about this franchise or it's fans, shocking as that might may seem.
It doesn't. :) You weren't around for the windswept years of the early 2000s, but back then, we were lucky to get anything with the Ghostbusters logo. The franchise was so deeply neglected it was almost to the point Sony either didn't know what to do with it (probably a part-certainty), and maybe was even a little embarassed by it.

Compared to then, we're experiencing nirvana and Shangri La rolled into one. We're spoiled for Ghostbusters products and content.
RichardLess wrote: June 8th, 2019, 7:33 pm Or how about that fan documentary that's been in production since Moses parted the Red Sea? The heck happened with that?
Cleaning Up The Town had a premier at Cannes in early May: Link -and was due to have its worldwide premier at Fan Fest this weekend.

Early 2000s? Heck I remember scowling the Internet in the mid '90s looking for anything resembling Ghostbusters news. Back in the Wild West days of the Internet. I still remember this one site. It was my home page as a kid. It had a GB3 AND GB4 script that, at the time, I thought was legit. I was so excited. I still remember how both scripts started. GB3 started with the ghostbusters busting the ghost of Babe Ruth, and GB 4 started with Samhain(the pumpkin headed villian from RGB) slitting a trick r treaters throat on Halloween night.

Then there was this other website that had Will Smith photo shopped into a GB suit(using the flight suit from ID4). I thought it was a production photo. I remember telling kids in school that Will Smith was going to be in the new GB film. And then...nothing.

For those younger fans wondering why the GB reboot news was such a hard swallow I'll give you a little glimpse of what being a GB fan was like in the '90s and early 2000's.

For me it all started one day in 1997. Some news magazine TV show was on, maybe access Hollywood or Entertainment Tonight. Doesn't matter. Anywho, my Dad calls me downstairs and tells me the news anchor teased a bit of news coming up after commercial break. He said I might find it interesting. Then came the news I'll never forget. "Dan Aykroyd says he and Harold Ramis are working on a new Ghostbusters movie tentatively scheduled for summer 1999". That was 1997. 23 years ago. This was back in the day where news hit on TV before it hit online and you had to be lucky to catch it. Imagine that?
The next 15 or so years was basically like this: "Dan Aykroyd says GB3 is coming in 1999" "Dan Aykroyd says GB3 coming in 2001" "Dan Aykroyd says GB3 is coming in 2003" "Dan Aykroyd says GB3 is canceled" "Dan Aykroyd says GB3 is back on BUT it might be animated" "Dan Aykroyd says GB3 is coming in 2008" "Dan Aykroyd says GB3 awaits greenlit" etc etc etc
I'm with you, here. And in Italy, in mid-90s, no one gave a s#it about Ghostbusters, so I had to pledge my uncle to let me use his Internet access and search some news.

I remember the GB3 and GB4 script; i remember a fan made Hellbent poster (the logo with some flames and the tagline 'Hell is just around the corner').

I also remember some storyboards for the Ghostbusters 2120 cartoon series.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Can anyone tell me if A) The GB2 commentary is available on the non 4K Blu Ray Disc? and B) How is it? I've been waiting forever for a GB2 commentary. Do they get into the behind the scenes nitty gritty? How does it compare to the amazing GB1 commentary? And...can anyone give details about the unfinished GB2 trailer? What is that?

I live in Canada. Amazon.ca has this new set listed for 73.99 and for someone that doesn't have 4K and has multiple GB Blu Rays...I just don't know. I'm thinking the deleted scenes will make their way online sooner or later. But that commentary. Is it worth 73.99? I don't know.

Also...if anyone has any links to the new deleted scenes or the new GB2 trailers...please don't hold back.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

RichardLess wrote:Can anyone tell me if A) The GB2 commentary is available on the non 4K Blu Ray Disc? and B) How is it? I've been waiting forever for a GB2 commentary. Do they get into the behind the scenes nitty gritty? How does it compare to the amazing GB1 commentary? And...can anyone give details about the unfinished GB2 trailer? What is that?

I live in Canada. Amazon.ca has this new set listed for 73.99 and for someone that doesn't have 4K and has multiple GB Blu Rays...I just don't know. I'm thinking the deleted scenes will make their way online sooner or later. But that commentary. Is it worth 73.99? I don't know.

Also...if anyone has any links to the new deleted scenes or the new GB2 trailers...please don't hold back.
A) Yes both regular Blu Rays have the commentaries. I am not sure if Amazon had these specs up, but the first movie contains the commentary we all know and it has an added Fan Commetary. I was suprised to see that. Also there is a bonus regular Blu Ray Disc that has all the deleted scenes and special features for both films on ONE disc. B) Now I have not listened to the Gb 2 commentary yet. I am sifting through the features. Now the unfinished Ghostbusters 2 teaser. You know the commercial that plays in the Ghostbusters 2 montage. Well you get to see that commercial in it's entirety. Plus some scenes in the movie with unfinished effects shots. The teaser ends with Louis running out of the Firehouse in gb gear like he did in the movie only he says, "Boy these Back Packs are heavy." He says that instead of "equipment" nothing too major there, but the teaser as a whole is very well cut and it still gets me pumped to watch the whole movie. I own multiple copies of these movies as well and I have to say this is a real nice set. If I get to the GB 2 commentary I will post an update on that for you. :):):)

Of course I am sure there is someone here that probably already listened to it and they might beat me to it. I hope this helps. :):):)

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]