For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
The cut scenes actually look pretty cleaned up to me, though it may be because they did some very good, clean renders for the trailer. I've been playing the game again off and on for the last few months and it was actually pretty jarring when I started playing again due to the relatively low resolution of the cutscene renders, the animation quality sometimes was a bit stiff, and the filters they applied to some of them felt like they just made them look washed out. The trailer had none of that, which has me hopeful that, at the very least, they cleaned them up and rendered things at a higher resolution at the least. I'm not hopeful that any animations have been touched up, though.

That said, even if all this game is getting is an improved upscaling algorithm, some slight tweaks to the textures, and some new GPU tech, then I'd say it's worth the buy. I'm VERY hopeful that they are doing a massive texture overhaul (this isn't unusual for good "remasters") and maybe even a few asset upgrades. I guess we'll see!
What I do know is that the cutscenes are pre-rendered, so there's not going to be much (if any) improvement there. It was such a terrible decision to do pre-rendered IMO. On top of little things like this, that's the reason they cut out the custom character creator, because there had to be a single version of the player in each pre-rendered scene.

What I also know is that the Anti-aliasing on console versions was basically non-existent. The PC you can force it on and it's way nice. There's also a buggy SSAO implementation you can force on the PC version, but it goes haywire 'cause it wasn't finished.

So right off the bat we can assume that there is most likely 4K rendering, anti-aliasing effects, SSAO (they did say 'improved lighting') and it sounds like they are doing improved textures as well. It's also not at all unreasonable to expect that at the very least the GB2 flight suit DLC would be included. (thank god)

I'm curious to know if the X360/PS3 Multiplayer will return. The servers for PS3 were shut off but I still play the X360's from time to time. Would absolutely ADORE the ability to CHOOSE your jumpsuit this time though... There was one that reminded me of Venkman's suit from RGB I was sad to see go.

Dream additions would obviously be the Thanksgiving Parade level, as well as the DLC maps for Gozer's Temple and the Van Horne station (River of Slime). I'm not holding my breath though.

A really, really REALLY cool addition I don't expect to see but would gush over would be some interviews with the developers talking about what they wanted, what got cut, how Activision being dumb af and dropping the game affected the production, etc etc.
ghostJAR wrote: May 30th, 2019, 8:17 am Even more news. GBtvgr is coming out on all gaming systems. Busting on the go! Dreams do come true.
Indeed.

Finally. The realistic version coming to a Nintendo platform for the first time; this could be my first chance to play it when I get a switch down the line. ^_^
What I do know is that the cutscenes are pre-rendered, so there's not going to be much (if any) improvement there. It was such a terrible decision to do pre-rendered IMO. On top of little things like this, that's the reason they cut out the custom character creator, because there had to be a single version of the player in each pre-rendered scene.
At the very least I would suspect they'll be doing completely new renders. And it would also be cool if the load times were a bit quicker to help in the transitions from a few of the cutscenes to the action in the levels.
Whether they'll be doing new renders depends on if they've got the source code from those sequences. The stuff in the trailer doesn't appear any different from what appeared in the game, beyond a minor bit of modding for the trailer (most obvious in the Statue of Liberty shot - you can see a mirrored version of the image to the left of the statue to allow the image to shake with the shockwave).

And great, yet another official render of the Ghostbusters logo using the incorrect bloody font*. :eyeroll:

*Though the incorrect one was used for the pre-rendered intro video, so why should I be surprised?
robbritton, SpaceBallz liked this
I'd be very interested to see if they had added anything to this remaster. Such as the Parade level, as already mentioned by SkyHighGam3r, any original cut dialog, new extras etc.

Personally I'd like them to throw in all the pre-order dlc stuff from the original release (GB2 Jumpsuit, Gold proton pack)

One minor grumble is that the PC version is only heading to Epic's Game launcher and not Steam. As a result I won't be buying it for PC and will probably get it for the Switch instead.
*NormalGamer* liked this
So glad this is happening, and coming to the Switch too. Judging by the trailer, there's a vast improvement in the graphics of the cutscenes so this is going to be well worth the price.

I will certainly be asking my family to get me the physical Switch edition for either my birthday or Christmas in December.
*NormalGamer* liked this
ghostJAR wrote: May 30th, 2019, 8:17 am Even more news. GBtvgr is coming out on all gaming systems. Busting on the go! Dreams do come true.
I saw that. I was then super excited then disappointed when I saw switch version is also the PS3 one remastered. I was hoping to buy ps4 (ps3) and switch (Wii) as Wii one was my favourite version :lol:

Don't get me wrong it's still great news and I'm still excited. I just really really really loved the Wii version so much
*NormalGamer*, ghostJAR liked this
SSJmole wrote: May 30th, 2019, 4:48 pm
I saw that. I was then super excited then disappointed when I saw switch version is also the PS3 one remastered. I was hoping to buy ps4 (ps3) and switch (Wii) as Wii one was my favourite version :lol:

Don't get me wrong it's still great news and I'm still excited. I just really really really loved the Wii version so much
You're takling about the 'stylized version'? I see what you mean; would've been great to see a remastered version of the 'stylized version', too, since Aykroyd said in the past that loved that version.

If there was one, it would pretty much be exclusive on Switch while the remastered 'realistic version' is all multiplat; or probably included as an exclusive bonus for the Switch version.
SSJmole liked this
*NormalGamer* wrote: May 30th, 2019, 5:36 pm

You're takling about the 'stylized version'? I see what you mean; would've been great to see a remastered version of the 'stylized version', too, since Aykroyd said in the past that loved that version.

If there was one, it would pretty much be exclusive on Switch while the remastered 'realistic version' is all multiplat; or probably included as an exclusive bonus for the Switch version.
Yeah the cartoon one was amazing as it had local co-op. Ps3 one had better puzzles , better graphics , online multiplayer ect . Which was great but local co-op made me really love Wii as me and a friend kept playing it and that made it so much better for me personally.

But I loved ps3 version too so I'm still happy incase people I'm complaining I'm not just expressing slight disappointment as honestly I'm more nostalgic for that version as I completed it way to many times with different friends lol
*NormalGamer* liked this

I would love a double pack of both GBtvg.
*NormalGamer* liked this
There will be no new content, bet on it. It most likely will allow for 4k resolution, higher texture fidelity, maybe improved lighting effects in the engine, perhaps some antialiasing, and reinstated multiplayer.

I mean, duh, I'll buy it, but don't kid yourself if you think this will be anything more than an updated version of the original release. Truthfully... I'd Actually be interested in a remaster that includes the Wii version posted to modern consoles since I would enjoy playing the cartoon version just to see the differences.
One thing I forgot to mention they could add in is the original PKE meter, the alpha build had a functional movie PKE meter for some time until they changed it. If the game company has all the old models I can’t see why they could have an ability to change costumes, PKE meters, etc for your characters.
I don't mind if no new content is added. All I care about is if they optimize the PC version. The original version, to this very day, still isn't optimized for the PC even with a great computer. It fails to stay at a steady 60 FPS no matter what settings I try. So if this remastered version is optimized, I'll be happy. :-D
I'm really looking forward to the release and happy that it finally had been announced. The original release still holds up pretty good, but improved compatibility, more advanced lightning and better looking cutscenes are a great addition.

I also think that the shown cutscenes in the reveal trailer look decently cleaned up. From what I can notice, it looks like they had access to the uncompressed video files, corrected the black levels, added contrast and applied some DNR, which results in a crisper looking image.

I took some quick comparison shots between the PC version's OGV video files and the YouTube reveal trailer. The new version shows some slightly more details here and there and had been freed from all the compression artefacts seen in the original version's cutscenes. The final releases version may look even better since YouTube heavily compresses the overall image (check out the name tags).

Here are some shots:
Imgur link: https://imgur.com/a/9nb9D5B

I don't really expect any additional stuff to be included in the game, but I'd love to see some umcompressed textures and audio being used, new lightning and shadow system and implementation of modern rendering techniques, such as SSAO and proper anti alisiang. Though, any bonus or extra effort to give this game some refresh is very welcomed. Maybe the remastered versions also allows for easier modding - I would mind that... :-D

It would work really well as a menu option that allows you to switch between both styles. Especially on the 'Switch'.
I just wanna be able to read all the papers on Venkman’s office wall! Can’t imagine that’s a high priority fix, mind.
Slimered wrote: May 31st, 2019, 5:03 pmIt would work really well as a menu option that allows you to switch between both styles. Especially on the 'Switch'.
It wouldn't be like The Master Chief Collection where you can switch between the original and reskinned version of the original Halo, as memory serves the realistic and stylised versions of Ghostbusters: The Video Game do vary quite considerably in some parts, and the environments aren't identically laid out.
LouisZeddemore wrote: May 31st, 2019, 12:30 pm I'm really looking forward to the release and happy that it finally had been announced. The original release still holds up pretty good, but improved compatibility, more advanced lightning and better looking cutscenes are a great addition.

I also think that the shown cutscenes in the reveal trailer look decently cleaned up. From what I can notice, it looks like they had access to the uncompressed video files, corrected the black levels, added contrast and applied some DNR, which results in a crisper looking image.

I took some quick comparison shots between the PC version's OGV video files and the YouTube reveal trailer. The new version shows some slightly more details here and there and had been freed from all the compression artefacts seen in the original version's cutscenes. The final releases version may look even better since YouTube heavily compresses the overall image (check out the name tags).

Here are some shots:

I don't really expect any additional stuff to be included in the game, but I'd love to see some umcompressed textures and audio being used, new lightning and shadow system and implementation of modern rendering techniques, such as SSAO and proper anti alisiang. Though, any bonus or extra effort to give this game some refresh is very welcomed. Maybe the remastered versions also allows for easier modding - I would mind that... :-D
Now that's a quality first post! Thanks for taking to the time to do that!
Kingpin wrote: June 1st, 2019, 7:16 am
Slimered wrote: May 31st, 2019, 5:03 pmIt would work really well as a menu option that allows you to switch between both styles. Especially on the 'Switch'.
It wouldn't be like The Master Chief Collection where you can switch between the original and reskinned version of the original Halo, as memory serves the realistic and stylised versions of Ghostbusters: The Video Game do vary quite considerably in some parts, and the environments aren't identically laid out.
I'm sure they could just do it with the character models.
Kingpin wrote: June 1st, 2019, 7:16 am
Yeah they had different boss fights example in the hotel Wii boss is the cook. Ps3 it's the fisherman

Some of the dialogue and cutscenes are different to make the game more family friendly.

Different layout as Wii levels were smaller , different puzzles Like Wii version doesn't feature the Slime Tether so all of those are noticeable puzzle differences.

Other mechanics that are different is I believe you can't manually vent your proton pack to keep it from overheating in Wii (I'm going off memory here so could be forgetting)

Wii capturing the ghost is easier once the ghost is weakened enough to wrangle you basically just move the cursor in the direction on-screen to slam then set out a trap, pull the ghost toward it and it's guaranteed to be a catch without struggle

Wii also has no penalties for destroying stuff but I think ps3 it lowers score or costs money (might be confused with ds)

So this isn't a case of same game different skin. However switch cartridges can hold up to 32GB (bigger uses download to increase size like doom did) 360 held at max 8 GB I believe. As blurays are I believe 50 GB.

Instead just 1 they could have maybe gone with multiple via a menu like the Arkham collection. I'm assuming it's be using PS2 version though to do that as that I believe was same as Wii but traditional pad so easier to port.

Though it's also possible I'm way off and this post is wasted as I'm going off memory + guess work so I could be wasting everyone's time.
Slimered wrote: May 31st, 2019, 5:03 pm

It would work really well as a menu option that allows you to switch between both styles. Especially on the 'Switch'.
They're both essentially different games. The only way this could work is if it was included as a separate game. "Re-skinning" wouldn't be that simple either, especially since the character models are completely different. That's not even including that the texture file is likely going to have a different layout, doing a simple swap would look off.
Paul Rudoff noticed some info on the PC version
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p ... tered/home
Minimum Requirements
* Processor: Intel S3
* Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 630
* Memory: 4GB Ram

Recommended
* Processor: Intel Core i5-4690
* Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670
* Memory: 6GB Ram

* Languages Supported: English, Spanish, German, Italian, French, Dutch, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian.
I am glad they are doing this, but at the same time there isn't that big of a difference to me. If I had a current gen system or still had a PC that was capable f playing games I would buy this, but I don't feel like I am missing out on much. I seriously doubt there will be additional game play or a restore parade scene, especially since the story element of that scene was basically transferred to the museum. If they add anything I expect it to be some behind the scenes stuff or something from the next movie like some concept art.

Just seen this thread add me JudgeGerry to London

Proton Props UK

I would like to apologise to everyone for the dela[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

How feasible would it be for Hasbro to release &[…]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack? I[…]