Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
Dr.D wrote: May 30th, 2019, 10:48 am Let's remember these are human beings. Yeah we love 'em, but going to a giant fan gathering might not be up his alley. Especially being up there in years.
Frank Welker? He's actually really embraced the convention scene in recent years. He's planned for other cons in Knoxville, Boston, and Toronto later this summer.

It really can be something as simple as him having a personal obligation, a possible work obligation, or like others have said, a health issue. I don't think anyone needs to read into it. Guests cancel on conventions literally all the time for a multitude of reasons.
DrVenkman1984 wrote: May 30th, 2019, 2:35 pm You won’t be able to unless you buy them each individually. None of the additional guests are included in any of the class packages except, Dan, Ernie, William and Ivan.
Dave Coulier and Maurice Lamarche are included in Class 3, as are some yet to be announced EGB guests, as well as Ivan and Jason.
Doctor Venkman wrote: May 25th, 2019, 9:35 am Ok so Yes Have Some podcast had a Wizard World rep on that gave some new info.

- Friday night screening is at the Globe Theatre in Downtown LA, and the Fort Detmerring scenes will be shown
- There may be some other "unseen footage" shown as a surprise (the way this was said makes me think GB3)
The Globe is about 10 miles from the Sony Studios, according to google maps.
greg883 wrote: May 31st, 2019, 6:14 am The Globe is about 10 miles from the Sony Studios, according to google maps.
10 miles, yes, but this is LA, so everyone should remember to plan accordingly.

According to Google Maps, those 10 miles (from Sony Studios to The Globe) on a Friday evening can take 30 mins to an hour. I've only been to LA once, but I'd guess that will be accurate. So if you want to make sure you're on time, plan accordingly.
As someone who lives in the area and has had the unfortunate pleasure of frequenting Southern California freeways I can’t emphasize this enough. If you’re staying around the Culver City lot and want to get down to the Globe give yourself tons of time. Even though it’s only a 10 mile distance, time wise if it involves the 405, 110 or 10 during Friday rush hour it might as well be 60 miles. There are times where I’ve only gone a mile or two in a half hour on the 405, it can be ugly!
Got a response from Wizard World on the agenda and other autographs:
We usually post the panel/programming schedule a few days before, so I expect that will be added to the website soon.

For any celebrity who does not have autograph pre-purchase available online, you will be able to buy autographs with cash directly at the booth if they offer them. Unfortunately we won't know the exact prices they will be charging ahead of time as the cash-only autographs are handled entirely by the celebrities themselves and their own people.
Doctor Venkman wrote:Got a response from Wizard World on the agenda and other autographs:
We usually post the panel/programming schedule a few days before, so I expect that will be added to the website soon.

For any celebrity who does not have autograph pre-purchase available online, you will be able to buy autographs with cash directly at the booth if they offer them. Unfortunately we won't know the exact prices they will be charging ahead of time as the cash-only autographs are handled entirely by the celebrities themselves and their own people.
I'm not a big fan of either of those answers! Although, it's about par for the course. I've been asking questions and getting little tidbits for a couple weeks...it's just maddening how little official information there if being so close to the show.
DrVenkman1984 liked this
I'm going. With only a couple of days left I'm worried about what to take?
I'll bring my uniform but I'm unfortunately leaving my Pack (Still a work in progress).

besides if I did I would be too concerned about getting it through the airport. I'm wanting to bring the motherboard to get Autographed but I'm not sure if bringing a big piece of Aluminum to fly with is a good idea?

I'm also very concerned about bringing my Belt Gizmo. I have a real Sanyo 808D and I'm not sure how to bring it with me?
Mail it to the hotel before you get there
Dr.D liked this
I told myself only take what was easily replaceable and streamlined. So I'm taking flight suit, pads, boots, gb2 belt with fobs, trap holder, resin lifegard and sound meter. Would love to take all my gear, but I would spend most of the time worrying. I also decided on the visual guide for autographs since it covers the different media.
How many people will be live streaming gbfanfest from Facebook or other social media outlets? Be a cool way for those missing out to “be” there
csullivan1980 wrote: June 4th, 2019, 9:47 am How many people will be live streaming gbfanfest from Facebook or other social media outlets? Be a cool way for those missing out to “be” there
I'm sure a lot of us will do our best, but... like lots of cons... they may not allow us to film/take pictures of a lot of stuff.
mrmichaelt wrote: May 30th, 2019, 5:14 am
BatDan wrote: May 29th, 2019, 10:43 pm ...they can still get Arsenio Hall to come at least?
Unlikely. It's been said, he has to be booked a year in advance for a given event.
Seriously? You must be kidding. What is he even up to nowadays?

Plus, you'd think he'd be glad Someone remembered his earlier works. :roland:
mrmichaelt liked this
back wrote: June 5th, 2019, 4:22 am Seriously? You must be kidding. What is he even up to nowadays?

I think it's just a personal quirk of his but it might have to do with Coming to America 2 prep and/or just recorded a stand up special in San Jose, I think as part of a comedy tour road show he's been doing since last year I think.
back wrote:
mrmichaelt wrote: May 30th, 2019, 5:14 am Unlikely. It's been said, he has to be booked a year in advance for a given event.

Also too you can’t expect everyone who had a part in the GB world to fully embrace it afterwards. Not everyone lives and breathes Ghostbusters.
csullivan1980 wrote: June 5th, 2019, 6:09 am
back wrote:

Also too you can’t expect everyone who had a part in the GB world to fully embrace it afterwards. Not everyone lives and breathes Ghostbusters.
Maybe they Should. ;-)
csullivan1980 wrote: June 5th, 2019, 6:09 am
back wrote:

That's a completely fair point, but apparently Arsenio is very standoff-ish in general. He doesn't do meet and greets with fans and rarely signs autographs.
Saw this You Tube video of Maurice Lamarche talking about Ghostbusters Fan Fest and I thought it would be of interest:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnPgKixqAIQ

Not to get off the subject of Ghostbusters Fan Fest, but if you are looking to get Arsenio Hall's autograph it is part of the Ghostbusters Trading Card series from 2016. Check online and you should be able to find it.

I am getting really excited for Fan Fest, I cannot wait to see Ghostbusters on the big screen again(I saw it twice during its re-release in 2014) along with the deleted scenes. Additionally I am looking the panels and other events at Sony Pictures on Saturday.

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]