Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
Glenn Frederick wrote: June 4th, 2019, 9:17 am I'm going. With only a couple of days left I'm worried about what to take?
I'll bring my uniform but I'm unfortunately leaving my Pack (Still a work in progress).

besides if I did I would be too concerned about getting it through the airport. I'm wanting to bring the motherboard to get Autographed but I'm not sure if bringing a big piece of Aluminum to fly with is a good idea?

I'm also very concerned about bringing my Belt Gizmo. I have a real Sanyo 808D and I'm not sure how to bring it with me?
Was planning to bring my pack as well, but had the same concerns with the airlines- over size and overweight would have been $100 each way!

At the Culver Hotel, a couple of minutes walk from Sony.
Glenn Frederick liked this
greg883 wrote: June 6th, 2019, 4:12 pm At the Culver Hotel, a couple of minutes walk from Sony.

Awesome that's where I'm at now.
I've seen a few people post about staying at the Hotel used for the Sedgwick which it never occurred to me that the hotel was close to the Sony lot but it's still a ride in traffic back and forth and the Culver is so close to the Sony lot I jumped on a room there.

Funny thing I took off the shirt I was wearing over a no Ghost logo shirt and just walking down the street I had someone yell "nice shirt" and another person yelled "we got one".
Last edited by Glenn Frederick on June 7th, 2019, 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
craven wrote: June 6th, 2019, 10:46 pm I think I'm the "We got one!" who yelled at you, Glenn :):) You were wearing a hat by an intersection? I'm staying across from Sony. Going to hit up the Biltmore tomorrow, maybe "The Last Bookstore", the Bradbury Building.
Yes that was me :)
I was thinking about getting a taxi to the Globe but since I see I could take a bus and transfer to another I know I'm stopping by the Biltmore.

So does anyone plan on wearing their uniform to the Globe Theater tommorow? I'm not sure if I should just wear a No Ghost Logo shirt Friday and my uniform Saturday or just go all out and wear my uniform both days.
:blush:
Flew in from MD yesterday and staying in Santa Monica. Lucked out that a metro rail train leaves from SM and pretty much dumps you off a few blocks from the Globe.

Planning to wear my suit both days ( Should make for an interesting train hour ride downtown). Left the pack and trap at home and brought my pke and goggles. Too expensive and too risky to ship. Don’t trust baggage handlers for the airline. Basically saw the pack heading for a disaster of biblical proportions.
We are suiting up for both events, packs for Saturday only since we will be sitting in a theatre for most of Friday and it doesn’t make much sense. GBII grey suits Friday, GBI Tan for Saturday.

Also, Wizard World announced some very weird and unrelated “entertainment” for the event in a press release. In addition, Saturday admission is now $50 from $150.

https://bugadvisor.com/live-music-costu ... -june-7-8/
DrVenkman1984 wrote:We are suiting up for both events, packs for Saturday only since we will be sitting in a theatre for most of Friday and it doesn’t make much sense. GBII grey suits Friday, GBI Tan for Saturday.

Also, Wizard World announced some very weird and unrelated “entertainment” for the event in a press release. In addition, Saturday admission is now $50 from $150.

Good weird or bad weird?
Y'all, I have a sad strange feeling this weekend is gonna be a huge mess. I'm still going and excited for tonight, but I have the sense that they weren't really sure how to handle Saturday on the lot so they just decided to have a bunch of weird live entertainment acts to keep people entertained and distracted from the fact that there seems to be very little programming for the event.

I was expecting, with Wizard being involved, that there would be a much clearer schedule of events for Saturday, but it still feels really vague and this close to the show that's probably a bad sign...
DrVenkman1984 liked this
Be sure to post pictures of the event as they happen if you can. Hopefully it will be better than you expect and will give us something to look forward to next year if they do this again.

Be sure to meet my teammates Josh and Nick from Massachusetts Ghostbusters.
Dr.D liked this
Dr.D wrote: June 7th, 2019, 11:10 am Y'all, I have a sad strange feeling this weekend is gonna be a huge mess. I'm still going and excited for tonight, but I have the sense that they weren't really sure how to handle Saturday on the lot so they just decided to have a bunch of weird live entertainment acts to keep people entertained and distracted from the fact that there seems to be very little programming for the event.

I was expecting, with Wizard being involved, that there would be a much clearer schedule of events for Saturday, but it still feels really vague and this close to the show that's probably a bad sign...
This is what we speculated as well. Which is a shame because this could have been really spooktacular. I hope I’m wrong but we are having the same worries and concerns about the event here.
Dr.D wrote:Tomorrow me and my roommate gonna be wearing our RGB Venkman and Egon suits if ya'll keeping an eye out.

I would except I’m not attending fanfest :(
Although, and sorry for the double post, I think maybe my problem is I keep thinking about this as if it is a convention and it really isn't. It's different, but that isn't always bad.

Gonna be fun to walk around the lot in costume with a bunch of other fans.
DrVenkman1984 wrote: June 7th, 2019, 10:26 am We are suiting up for both events, packs for Saturday only since we will be sitting in a theatre for most of Friday and it doesn’t make much sense. GBII grey suits Friday, GBI Tan for Saturday.

General Admission is still $150...
Doctor Venkman wrote: June 7th, 2019, 11:32 am
DrVenkman1984 wrote: June 7th, 2019, 10:26 am We are suiting up for both events, packs for Saturday only since we will be sitting in a theatre for most of Friday and it doesn’t make much sense. GBII grey suits Friday, GBI Tan for Saturday.

General Admission is still $150...
Correct. This was through a 3rd party.

https://www.goldstar.com/events/culver- ... st-tickets
Just touched down in LA from Georgia. Excited for the Fan Fest, but not so much for the communication. I purchased one of the classes instead of General Admission. Halfway wonder if I should’ve purchased the $50 GA thru the 3rd Party and saved some money since a lot of fans are still questioning the schedule of events for tomorrow at Sony. 🤔🤔🤔
Davideverona wrote: June 7th, 2019, 12:16 pm Guys, do you think they'll do a similar, but smaller, event next year for the long awaited release of GB20?
I think they’ll invite franchises out for the premier but I very much doubt they’ll do another event like this until at least the 40th if ever again.
DrVenkman1984 liked this
I can see this being a one and done type thing honestly. This isn’t a big franchise like Star Wars Celebration that gets huge attention.

Although it will be interesting to see if there is any media coverage there.
deadderek liked this
Doctor Venkman wrote: June 7th, 2019, 1:12 pm
Davideverona wrote: June 7th, 2019, 12:16 pm Guys, do you think they'll do a similar, but smaller, event next year for the long awaited release of GB20?
I think they’ll invite franchises out for the premier but I very much doubt they’ll do another event like this until at least the 40th if ever again.
I was thinking more like the ATC screening. Lots of fans, the main cast and a private screening.
deadderek liked this

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]