Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: June 11th, 2019, 1:32 am These are incredible. By far the best set of RGB figures produced (after Kenner)

You get what you pay for, and I’m going to sell off some of my collection to fund these. I compel other fans to do the same if you value the IP.

+1 Full Set sale.
Wait, so if we value RGB we should sell off our collectibles to buy grossly overpriced statues? No thanks. I'll stick with the diamond select RGB figures. A. They're much cheaper (you can get the whole series for the same price as one of these) B. They're posable, and have a ton of accessories. While these do look great, I can't justify that price tag.
Kingpin, Wafflerobot liked this
The Diamond Select figures are trash imo. They did a decent job of Peter and Winston. Egon is too angry and Ray is a joke.

They were just the best we had until now.

And yeah, if you can’t afford it fair enough, but if you value the relevance of the IP then yeah I would advise to part with lesser collectibles to fund these, but that’s gotta be down to everyone how they want to prioritise their collection, there is no right-wrong.
DarkSpectre wrote: June 11th, 2019, 7:49 am
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: June 11th, 2019, 1:32 am These are incredible. By far the best set of RGB figures produced (after Kenner)

You get what you pay for, and I’m going to sell off some of my collection to fund these. I compel other fans to do the same if you value the IP.

+1 Full Set sale.
Wait, so if we value RGB we should sell off our collectibles to buy grossly overpriced statues? No thanks. I'll stick with the diamond select RGB figures. A. They're much cheaper (you can get the whole series for the same price as one of these) B. They're posable, and have a ton of accessories. While these do look great, I can't justify that price tag.
I remember people feeling like everyone should dump money into Matty figures just so we would continue to get Ghostbusters toys then when Matty was done with the licenses people felt duped for buying so many figures of the same character. I think many people in the community have learned the value of saying what we want and not just taking what companies give us.
DarkSpectre liked this
You guys don't like the DST Egon hulk smash? These are great, but that price would be a big chunk of both DST dioramas. When you compare it to the neca tmnt 1/4 scale, the neca's are bigger, better and cheaper. Regardless that they're better then the DST line, I don't think I'd enjoy them any more, but I hope they sale well
GBfan_CH wrote: June 11th, 2019, 9:41 am This is the best Egon I've seen in terms of likeness, and Slimer is okay (albeit the same pose we always see in promo material). But keep working on your Ray face, figurine design people. One day you'll get it right!! :blush:
Ray is the weakest but still pretty good compared to DST.

Slimer’s pose is perfect and the other three guys are awesome. Love Winston holding up the trap and Pete / Egon are spot on. So even though Ray has issues, they are still the best RGB figures released on the market in 30 years.

I don’t have a massive collection of merch, but I’ll be parting with them and my DST gang, which might only shave a third of the price off, but it makes it more manageable.
Last edited by Chicken, He Clucked on September 16th, 2020, 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: June 11th, 2019, 1:32 am I compel other fans to do the same if you value the IP.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: June 11th, 2019, 9:23 am And yeah, if you can’t afford it fair enough, but if you value the relevance of the IP then yeah I would advise to part with lesser collectibles to fund these, but that’s gotta be down to everyone how they want to prioritise their collection, there is no right-wrong.
Intake of breath.

Bugger that.

I like the statues... But the price is extortionate to the point of daylight robbery, and nobody in their right mind should be advocating fans sell their collections, especially not for something that while visually is probably the best depiction of the Real Ghostbusters in a physical item, have no poseability like the Diamond figures, or even the Kenner figures.
Coover5, DarkSpectre, ccv66 and 1 others liked this
Kingpin wrote: June 11th, 2019, 7:56 pm
Intake of breath.

Bugger that.

I like the statues... But the price is extortionate to the point of daylight robbery, and nobody in their right mind should be advocating fans sell their collections, especially not for something that while visually is probably the best depiction of the Real Ghostbusters in a physical item, have no poseability like the Diamond figures, or even the Kenner figures.
These aren’t poseable toys. In the market of high end figures / statues they are not unreasonably priced. The collective price of all 5x figures is the same as many individual pieces. First4Figures charge up to $1000 for individual videogame pieces. These are high-end collectors items that will be relatively small, limited runs.

A boxed DST Egon is already selling for $100+.

I don’t get this community sometimes. Like, I understand if you can’t afford them. And that sucks. But it is far from daylight robbery. The price reflects the design time & production costs of an incredibly niche product.
The price of the RGB statues being in line with equivalent of others doesn't discount that collectible statues as a whole are grossly overpriced. I could potentially get six of the Diamond Select figures for just the price of one Chronicle statue, that's already half way toward half the Gozer Temple diorama (alternately that's two thirds of the price of a brand new Xbox One). I'm not trying to dump on people who do want to buy them, I just feel they're not good value for money.

Diamond Select Egon when he was brand new was only around $25, he's only pushing $100+ now because of market scarcity, high demand, and seller greed.
Kingpin wrote: June 13th, 2019, 11:02 am The price of the RGB statues being in line with equivalent of others doesn't discount that collectible statues as a whole are grossly overpriced. I could potentially get six of the Diamond Select figures for just the price of one Chronicle statue, that's already half way toward half the Gozer Temple diorama (alternately that's two thirds of the price of a brand new Xbox One). I'm not trying to dump on people who do want to buy them, I just feel they're not good value for money.

Diamond Select Egon when he was brand new was only around $25, he's only pushing $100+ now because of market scarcity, high demand, and seller greed.
I kind of agree with the overpriced statement - but I think you have to consider that some of these pieces are intricately-molded, hand-painted and sell in the hundreds as opposed to tens of thousands.

It’s the equivalent of arguing “why buy an original screen print, artwork or model when you can buy dozens of cheaply mass-produced comics and toys for the same price?”

The DST diorama has so little value to me I literally binned it when I got the RGB figures because it was too ugly for me to display. I regret it now I want to sell those figures obv!
So, both on Facebook and over at the RPF, there are indications that Chronicle Collectibles has begun cancelling preorders without issuing refunds. They just lost a lawsuit with a former employee and from what I gather, the licenses went with him.

If you had these RGB statues on order, contact your credit card company right now.

Alex
Yeah, egg on my face for championing this company / product. I'm not sure I ever spoke to anyone else who ordered them due to the expense.

What sucks is on top of potentially losing $700 and not getting the figures... I sold my Diamond Select Real GB Egon to help pay for these and it is now the best Egon available.

I've been in touch with my credit card company anyhow, no idea if I can claim back yet. Could take months for them to decide. 2020 keeps on giving. :boogieman:
Last edited by Chicken, He Clucked on October 2nd, 2020, 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
That's a bummer. Statues were priced out of my desire point, but was going to think hard about the ecto1.. hopefully you guys get your money back. If hasbro was smart they'd do a RGB be plamsa "6. Fill the void, the DST Egon is just ridiculous now
ccv66 wrote: September 30th, 2020, 12:25 pm That's a bummer. Statues were priced out of my desire point, but was going to think hard about the ecto1.. hopefully you guys get your money back. If hasbro was smart they'd do a RGB be plamsa "6. Fill the void, the DST Egon is just ridiculous now
You'd hope Hasbro might step in with some Plasma Real Ghostbusters figures, as we only got one set of articulated RGB figures in the 30 years since Kenner. (The Minimates and Playmobil sets don't count!)

If I can get a refund - and as it's been 16 months I'm not sure I can - I'll be getting scalped on ebay for another DST Egon. A fool and his money... :blush:
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: September 30th, 2020, 11:53 am Yeah, egg on my face for championing this company / product.
You had no way of knowing. You saw a good product and championed it. I hope you're able to get your money back.

Whatever happens is on Chronicle and Paul Francis.
    Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he does[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]