Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By back
Alphagaia wrote: June 10th, 2019, 1:41 pm
What an enormous clickbait article, all she says is that's she excited and isn't allowed to talk about it...
Well, most New News about GB2020 is Clickbait, same with Cleanin' up the town Doc, and Bill Murray signing on... Im beginning to really ignore my Google Alerts :sigh:
By Slimered
Michael Scott wrote: June 9th, 2019, 6:35 pm I had a thought that’s slightly off topic. Some have been expressing that having Dana Barrett in the movie for the third time out of three is pushing it in the believability department. How much would it blow your mind if the first time we see her on screen early in the film, someone is trying to get her attention and says, “Excuse me Mrs. Venkman...”

To me that would make her position in the film that much more concrete.
Or the first time we see her she's wielding a Proton Pack, having become a Ghostbuster herself at some point off screen.
By Sav C
savintheday wrote: June 11th, 2019, 2:06 pm Hard to tell what the tone of the movie is gonna be at this point, but I'm hoping it's more like the first movie in that people of all ages can enjoy.
I wonder what target rating they're going for or expecting. If it's PG-13 then we can assume that it's tone has the potential to be in line with the first movie. If it's PG, then we'll be getting something more in line with GBII. Since RGB is no longer on the air, I suspect that Sony will feel no need to make Reitman cater to a younger audience.
savintheday liked this
By Coover5
I thought I had a pretty good idea of what direction GB20 was taking until Jason said the idea started when he envisioned a 12 year old girl with a proton pack (in her hand/in her head? I can't hear the audio of the directors panel well enough) and now I'm not really sure. I thought the talk of a kid with a proton pack was absurd but with that being the image that inspired Jason it's possible.
By Davideverona
He envisioned the girl with a pack in HIS head, meaning that it was the image that prompted him to think about a story. Then he saw Carrie Coon in Gone Girl, was blown away and wanted to work with her.

So his idea shifted from a girl to a family and that's when he decided to start writing the script.
By Coover5
I think you're right in that he misspoke. He definitely says "with a proton pack in her ????" I had several people listen to it without prompting them about what I think he says and 4 out of 5 said "in her head" was the part in question that being said I hear "in her hand" but the phrasing is odd but that's the Ghostbusters fan talking. We would say "proton gun in her hand."
By Davideverona
Coover5 wrote: June 12th, 2019, 1:54 am I think you're right in that he misspoke. He definitely says "with a proton pack in her ????" I had several people listen to it without prompting them about what I think he says and 4 out of 5 said "in her head" was the part in question that being said I hear "in her hand" but the phrasing is odd but that's the Ghostbusters fan talking. We would say "proton gun in her hand."
It's in her hand, confirmed.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/247487 ... ters-movie
Coover5 liked this
By Davideverona
mrmichaelt wrote: June 12th, 2019, 8:14 am Another interesting tidbit, imo, was Jason mentioned he reached out to all the original cast and crew and formed a small group that gets together like an advisory board to make sure he makes the right film.
If this isn't love and respect I don't know what it is.

Also, do you think GB20 will be at Hall H during SDCC?
Peter Venkman Jr. liked this
By back
Davideverona wrote: June 12th, 2019, 9:17 am
mrmichaelt wrote: June 12th, 2019, 8:14 am Another interesting tidbit, imo, was Jason mentioned he reached out to all the original cast and crew and formed a small group that gets together like an advisory board to make sure he makes the right film.
If this isn't love and respect I don't know what it is.

Also, do you think GB20 will be at Hall H during SDCC?
Isnt Everything at SDCC? LOL :walterpeck:
By BatDan
its that 'advisory board' tidbit that makes me suspicious.

when he mentioned everyone has 'read the script' i surely hope it was for BOTH artistic consulting purposes for the advisory board as well as negotiable reasons to sign them on..

I'm lookin forward to (hoping?) this is essentially being "Creed-Busters" , where the OGs take a backseat as supporting characters/mentors for the new ones to shine and be the focus.

Now..dont get me wrong. Im totally on board for this film through and through, but if they arent in it as older GBs, its going to be a little disappointing, as if somethings missing OR if they pull a Jurassic World 2 and have a single Jeff Goldblum scene thats only exists for fan service. :whatever:
By philmorgan81
Oh I don't think you'll have to worry too much. I think we'll be getting something a kin to Creed. This is a formula that has been working well with quite a few properties lately. Even Jeff Goldblum, Sam Neil, and Laura Dern are supposed to make an official return to the Jurassic Franchise in Jurassic World 3. I don't think it will be just a day of shooting a glorified cameo, but having the new and old characters finally meeting. I think this is something being built up since the first Jurassic World. :):):)

Now in the case of Ghostbusters it has been a LONG time between films. With the way this one is going I think they are going forward with The Original Cast Reunion/Passing of the torch story that has been pitched for 31 years. Dan still would like to one day see his Hellbent story see the light of day. Of course he has a lot of ideas, but with this new film potentially knocking it out of the park we could see some these actually get made. ;)

I am getting ahead of myself here, but who knows right. One way or another there is a lot of love going into THIS upcoming film. :)
By BatDan
David..that would be amazing, a Logan/Balboa/Gran-Torino-Busters is what i'm really looking froward to this being in some capacity.

Any Philly/DE Gbs in here? was anyone able to be an extra on Creed 2?

anyway...if it's indeed a reunion/passing the torch..one thing I HOPE that didnt carry over from the previous scripts is anything from Alive Again, where they only came back as ghosts possessing the new characters (shudders..so bad)
By philmorgan81
BatDan wrote:David..that would be amazing, a Logan/Balboa/Gran-Torino-Busters is what i'm really looking froward to this being in some capacity.

anyway...if it's indeed a reunion/passing the torch..one thing I HOPE that didnt carry over from the previous scripts is anything from Alive Again, where they only came back as ghosts possessing the new characters (shudders..so bad)
Hey at least Bill has actually read THIS script. Which is much farther than the Alive Again concept. I think Jason and Gil built this new story from the ground up. So I don't think any those ideas got carried over. Jason even stated that most of the story is in a new setting. Still a bit vague. I love how so much is still being played close to the vest. I don't know if that means they are taking the story out of New York completely or if we are still in New York, but just out of the City. I love how Jason stated that the characters in the movie are just as in the dark about their connection to the original Ghostbusters as we are. This could be real interesting. :):):)
RichRyan1507 liked this
By Slimered
BatDan wrote: June 12th, 2019, 12:06 pm David..that would be amazing, a Logan/Balboa/Gran-Torino-Busters is what i'm really looking froward to this being in some capacity.

I doubt they would do that. I don't expect this film to make many risks, but stick close to the formula of the original films with maybe odd changes that shake things up here and there. It will almost certainly receive strong positive reviews though considering how many of Jason Reitman's films are highly praised by critics.
By robbritton
ghoulishfright wrote: June 12th, 2019, 6:27 pm I don't care if we get a passing-the-torch movie, as long as we also get a back in the saddle moment with the original GB's...

I feel like that GIF has been sent to taunt anyone who has ever tried to reholster a proton gun to the pack! I swear there are hardcore yoga poses that are easier!

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]