Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By grantofkings
Rick’s Nerd Life on YouTube is reporting that Hasbro has a license to do something with Ghostbusters.

Last edited by Kingpin on February 2nd, 2024, 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added Youtube code
By grantofkings
It’s hard to imagine they’d just do rereleases. I’d expect something between Star Wars Black and the new Power Rangers Lightning figures, with the face-printing that started on the MCU figures around last year.
By Kingpin
Colour me sceptical, seeing as Diamond Select currently has the rights to produce poseable action figures based on Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II.
By grantofkings
That Ed my opinion too. And while we haven’t seen it with GB in the last, it could be dependent on the cake or the line, similar to Marvel Legends at Hasbro and Marvel Select at DST.
By DarkSpectre
I'd be for a set of reissues of the original Kenner figures but outside of ATC, like Kingpin mentioned, DST holds all the likeness rights currently. But that is an intriguing development. But Hasbro has recently reissued G1 packaged Transformers like Bumblebee, Cliff jumper and Optimus Prime. So it's not out of the realm of possibility to re release the original Kenner RGB figures.
By Prologic9
Well the video claims DST will lose the license at the end of the year. I don't know who that guy is or why he makes 15 minute videos with 1 minute of news, but his claims were very specific.

Frankly it would make sense. DST has pretty much done everything they're willing to do at this point, and they're not the kind of company to do a larger retail line for an upcoming movie.
AlTheRelic liked this
By RicksNerdLife
Prologic9 wrote: June 13th, 2019, 9:22 am Well the video claims DST will lose the license at the end of the year. I don't know who that guy is or why he makes 15 minute videos with 1 minute of news, but his claims were very specific.

Frankly it would make sense. DST has pretty much done everything they're willing to do at this point, and they're not the kind of company to do a larger retail line for an upcoming movie.
"This guy" posts 15 minute videos, because that's what his audience and subscribers like and prefer. The episodes are called "Action Figure Musings". Not "Action Figure Short Clips for the ADHD".

"This guy" also discusses other things outside of the 1 minute you might be interested in. Things that others might be interested in.

"This guy" is a collector who has sources and friends inside the toy industry that share news and scoops with him, that he kindly passes along to fellow collectors, because he feels they should be able to get to join in his excitement, too.

Anything else that I need to justify with you, or can you cut the snark and just be happy with the news that this is happening? Rude, and completely unnecessary.
By RicksNerdLife
Kingpin wrote: June 13th, 2019, 2:43 am Colour me sceptical, seeing as Diamond Select currently has the rights to produce poseable action figures based on Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II.
As stated, in the video, the license is set to expire at the end of 2019. I explicitly state this. This is how licenses work. Hence, why you can still find Bandai Power Rangers stuff on shelves although Hasbro now has THAT license, as well.

And for all I know, although this isn't what I've heard, DST could extend the license at the 11th hour and keep it in specialty markets. Although, I doubt that would profitable for them, as they like to keep some mass items available.

That said, I do not post anything without vetting it through multiple sources first, and my track record is spotless. I broke news of Storm Collectibles doing Injustice, the DC Collectibles Justice League figures, the cancellation of the DC Films line by DCC, news of the TMNT movie scaled down and DC vs Dark Horse NECA sets being available at SDCC, and more. You can be skeptical all you'd like. But you'll see come SDCC, and if not there, NYCC for sure.
By Kingpin
DST were indicating only three months ago that they were planning to release more figures, with the wording suggesting they'd be based on The Real Ghostbusters. While drastic changes and turnarounds are a part of the toy industry, it just seemed like a dramatic change of events that they'd be looking at losing the licence only a handful of months after the chance to show off anything new at SDCC.
By below_radar_00
RicksNerdLife wrote: June 13th, 2019, 10:20 am
Prologic9 wrote: June 13th, 2019, 9:22 am Well the video claims DST will lose the license at the end of the year. I don't know who that guy is or why he makes 15 minute videos with 1 minute of news, but his claims were very specific.

"This guy" posts 15 minute videos, because that's what his audience and subscribers like and prefer. The episodes are called "Action Figure Musings". Not "Action Figure Short Clips for the ADHD".

"This guy" also discusses other things outside of the 1 minute you might be interested in. Things that others might be interested in.

"This guy" is a collector who has sources and friends inside the toy industry that share news and scoops with him, that he kindly passes along to fellow collectors, because he feels they should be able to get to join in his excitement, too.

Anything else that I need to justify with you, or can you cut the snark and just be happy with the news that this is happening? Rude, and completely unnecessary.
I think you might be taking this a little too personally...
deadderek liked this
By RicksNerdLife
below_radar_00 wrote: June 13th, 2019, 12:11 pmI think you might be taking this a little too personally...
I'm taking it personally when someone insults the method that I choose to make my videos, aka the way that I speak?

You don't say.

Again, it was rude, insulting, and completely irrelevant to the discussion. So, yeah, I take it personally. Don't act like if it were you being the one insulted, you wouldn't, either. I invite that individual to NOT watch my videos. No skin off of my back.
By SSJmole
My only complaint with the video is I'm 100% sure he won't give me all those figures! I want them! :lol:

Joking obviously it was good.

My thoughts are 2 fold

1) Hasbro making them means more cross over with transformers hopefully

2) I don't want Hasbro to make them as Hasbro own gi joe , star wars , marvel , power rangers , transformers ect ... It starts to feel like a monopoly.

Like I didn't want want Disney to buy fox for the same reason. 1 company doing all the big franchises feels .. off to me.

But that's my opinion mixed bag
By RicksNerdLife
ccv66 wrote: June 13th, 2019, 1:08 pm This is the internet, you need to lighten up
That is such a lame cop-out for crappy behavior.

So, you can't be decent to one another because it's the internet? You aren't face to face with someone, so that gives you carte blanche to be a jerk? To insult them? Give me a break. It takes a lot to put yourself out there on here. Do you? Or do you hide behind the anonymity of your screenname? I'm going to guess the latter. No, when the person is insulting me directly, no...I won't lighten up. And stop acting like you all would. Hypocrite.
By RicksNerdLife
SSJmole wrote: June 13th, 2019, 1:13 pm My only complaint with the video is I'm 100% sure he won't give me all those figures! I want them! :lol:

Joking obviously it was good.

My thoughts are 2 fold

1) Hasbro making them means more cross over with transformers hopefully

2) I don't want Hasbro to make them as Hasbro own gi joe , star wars , marvel , power rangers , transformers ect ... It starts to feel like a monopoly.

Like I didn't want want Disney to buy fox for the same reason. 1 company doing all the big franchises feels .. off to me.

But that's my opinion mixed bag
You are 100% right. Those are MINE. ;)
By ShiftyHenry
Several different companies can have a license at the same time. There was cross over with Mattel and DST and now we have DST, Mezco and whoever else. It's about the type of figures being release. Hasbro can easily do 6" and smaller and DST could continue doing 7". No one knows either way if they will or won't. But the fact is, DST's plans change a LOT across all lines. I don't want it to happen, but It would not shock me at all if they called it a day.
RicksNerdLife liked this
By RicksNerdLife
ShiftyHenry wrote: June 13th, 2019, 1:42 pm Several different companies can have a license at the same time. There was cross over with Mattel and DST and now we have DST, Mezco and whoever else. It's about the type of figures being release. Hasbro can easily do 6" and smaller and DST could continue doing 7". No one knows either way if they will or won't. But the fact is, DST's plans change a LOT across all lines. I don't want it to happen, but It would not shock me at all if they called it a day.
Hey there, Henry. I've seen you involved in the convo over at Fwoosh!

And you are correct. However, news I was receiving is that DST is done as of 2020. I think a pretty telling sign is that Zach has yet to come and refute the claims on Fwoosh as of now (as he was pretty quick to get ticked off, and go off on a tangent over there about how I shouldn't be revealing things-- when I revealed that they originally had plans to do Pirates of the Caribbean Selects)...

But I might have spoken out of turn when I said for certain that they are done. That's just the word I received from one source. Another source said they had plans for the new movie--but that was all before all this news started rolling in about Hasbro. I'm trying to get direct confirmation one way or the other right now, and will absolutely update once I receive that.

One thing I will say, for those that are doubting and skeptical--check out ToyShiz, another YouTuber/insider. Check out his Instagram post from three days ago, June 10th, and the sly way that he, too, hinted at this development.
By ccv66
RicksNerdLife wrote: June 13th, 2019, 1:35 pm
ccv66 wrote: June 13th, 2019, 1:08 pm This is the internet, you need to lighten up

So, you can't be decent to one another because it's the internet? You aren't face to face with someone, so that gives you carte blanche to be a jerk? To insult them? Give me a break. It takes a lot to put yourself out there on here. Do you? Or do you hide behind the anonymity of your screenname? I'm going to guess the latter. No, when the person is insulting me directly, no...I won't lighten up. And stop acting like you all would. Hypocrite.
You're never going to make everyone happy. The easiest thing to do in life is criticize someone else's work, you'll have to accept the fact you'll receive some, especially when it's anonymous. Saying your video was a little long is a mild critique. Need to let some stuff go.

I liked your video, hope you make more
By RicksNerdLife
ccv66 wrote: June 13th, 2019, 2:34 pm
RicksNerdLife wrote: June 13th, 2019, 1:35 pm

You're never going to make everyone happy. The easiest thing to do in life is criticize someone else's work, you'll have to accept the fact you'll receive some, especially when it's anonymous. Saying your video was a little long is a mild critique. Need to let some stuff go.

I liked your video, hope you make more
Fair enough.

And thank you kindly.
ccv66 liked this
By AlTheRelic
First of all, thank you for the exciting news. Hasbro essentially houses the soul of Kenner & is now in the allegorical sense to Ghostbusters what Playmates is to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or Mattel is to Masters Of The Universe. But one thing I learned in my decade of being on the Ghostbusters forums & having been a house name on MattyCollector is that you have to make like out of critiques & if you come across a reply that seems off the deep end & personal just let it slide off you like water off a ducks back. We have a few Ghostheads that love to slime but others who are a blast...No Ghostbusters terms pun intended.
By featofstrength
Leolao wrote: June 17th, 2019, 12:07 pm I think Hasbro is the company who can give us a 1/12 Ecto 1 and a new Firehouse playset.
Yes, but the first person to say "Haslab" gets a mouth full of teeth.

If a new contender gets the license, I hope for 3.75" scale figures with the Ecto. Too many starts and stalls with the 6-7" range.
By grantofkings
I think there’s almost zero chance of Hasbro making 1:18 figures. With Marvel they’ve been vocal about that line failing because it costs as much to make a bigger figure they can sell for more money. And looking at MCU stuff and Star Wars 1:12 vs. 1:18, the likelinesses would be terrible.

The only hope for anything in 1:18 would be Funko Reaction. Which aren’t my thing, but more power to you if they’re yours.
By Dr.D
Maybe they go the Marvel route, 6" figures with BAF components. Excuse me while I dream about an RGB line with a BAF Boogeyman.
By AlTheRelic
Would any of y'all be down for Extreme Ghostbusters?
By Kingpin
DarkSpectre wrote: June 18th, 2019, 1:42 pm Honestly I'd be in for updated versions of the original Kenner line.
Didn't we get that with the DST range, colour-coded streams and everything? :)
DarkSpectre wrote: June 18th, 2019, 1:42 pmSame basic molds but with more than 5 points of articulation. Same packaging and accessories but just pose able
See, now... I've just never understood the desire for toys/figures that are made to look like retro pieces, but are made with today's technology. We have the ability to produce a better effort than was available back in the day, so why not go for the better effort instead of hobbling a potentially awesome figure by making it look like a dated product with a bit of extra functionality?

Case in point: the "push feature" lightsabres on Hasbro's original Star Wars figures were an excellent concept and execution for 1978, but it's no comparison to one with a more accurate facial likeness, and a transparent lightsabre blade that's actually blue.

Mattel wasted a golden opportunity to do updated Real Ghostbusters figures by giving them the mego treatment, we then had to wait nine years until DST would produce their superior effort.
AlTheRelic wrote: June 18th, 2019, 3:27 pm Would any of y'all be down for Extreme Ghostbusters?
Definitely. :)
AlTheRelic, One time liked this
Hasbro Ghostbusters

It could have been more accurate (barrel and[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]