ghoulishfright wrote: April 6th, 2019, 9:49 am I'm wicked pumped for the Fort Detmerring scene and -- finally! -- the GB2 commentary. I wonder if one of the 7 deleted scenes on the GB2 disc will be possessed Ray driving the Ecto 1A...
From what I hear it is going to be the seven same deleted scenes, that were on the 2014 Blu-Ray release of GB II.
Would there be a standard Blu-Ray release of this set too? (I don't have a 4K TV or a 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player.)
Thanks for letting me know.
LandonLasser liked this
Price has dropped to 43.99.
Ectojeff88 wrote: April 29th, 2019, 6:28 pm I wonder if Best Buy will be getting an exclusive version of this?
Probably not. Usually the Steelbook is the Best Buy exclusive but that's going to be the standard format this time and it's already a limited edition. But it would be neat if Dan Mumford did another cover for a Best Buy exclusive like he did with the past '84, '89, and '16 Steelbooks.

Maybe Target or Wal-Mart might have an art mini-book.

It did just dawn on me that this Steelbook's logo is just a re-use from 2014 or so's release.
BRD 527 wrote: April 30th, 2019, 1:19 pm So... with deleted scenes restored how will the montage work...?
The deleted scenes will only be restored in the sense that the original film elements will likely be cleaned up and presented in a reel on the Blu-ray. The rest of the film will still be the theatrical cut.
Kingpin liked this
Demon Vice Commander wrote: April 30th, 2019, 4:48 pm The deleted scenes will only be restored in the sense that the original film elements will likely be cleaned up and presented in a reel on the Blu-ray. The rest of the film will still be the theatrical cut.
/\ This.
Is the "Nobel Prize" Deleted Scene from Ghostbusters (1984) (from the Laserdisc) gonna be on this Blu-Ray Set?
back liked this
NSGhostbusters wrote: May 1st, 2019, 11:34 am Is the "Nobel Prize" Deleted Scene from Ghostbusters (1984) (from the Laserdisc) gonna be on this Blu-Ray Set?
The only new deleted scene we're currently aware of for certain is the one featuring Fort Detmerring. We'll find out either when the Blu-rays come out this summer, or maybe a bit beforehand if someone gets their hands on an advance copy.
Because it was talked about earlier and is now revealed, here's a list of the deleted scenes included in the special features for the first film (new scenes are included in red, and the laserdisc exclusive scene in green):
Ecto-1 Parking Ticket
Pulling Up to Fort Detmerring
Fort Detmerring Ghost
Louis Encounters Woman
Louis Encounters Muggers
Central Park Bums - Raw Takes

Nobel Prize Aspirations
Stake
Dana
Honeymooners
Winston
Bums
Busy
Promotion
E.P.A.
Puft Hat
"No Louis!"
-Source
Dr.D wrote: June 13th, 2019, 9:47 am So uh...the unfinished GB2 teaser might be one of my new favorite things. Harold mouthing everyone's lines is another one of his moments of subtle comic genius.
This. Freakin THIS! I can't believe that was ever cut. It's freaking gold!
I just keep imagining how cool it would've been as a teaser. What better way to say "hey we're doing another Ghostbusters" than opening with a cheesy fake commercial that has everyone you'd want to see back in the sequel. Something about seeing all four of 'em in front of the firehouse screaming their slogan gets me every time.
NSGhostbusters liked this
That teaser is amazing, its baffling that it was cut.
The whole special features disk is like a goldmine.
It's been great to see all of these scenes that we've only heard of for so many years.

I couldn't help binge watching the whole disk yesterday.

The only thing i don't like about the set is the way the disks are held in the case, feels like I'm going to break them every time i have to pry one off of the holder.
NSGhostbusters liked this
RichardLess wrote: June 15th, 2019, 8:11 pm Can someone, anyone, please post some of the new deleted scenes on YouTube. I just can't justify spending over 90 bucks after taxes on a set for a couple new deleted scenes and a commentary everyone says is crap. I don't have a 4K set up and I own a bajillion copies of these movies on every format.
Why would it cost $90? The set is $40 with free shipping on Amazon right now?
twmedford23 liked this
Doctor Venkman wrote: June 16th, 2019, 10:31 am
RichardLess wrote: June 15th, 2019, 8:11 pm Can someone, anyone, please post some of the new deleted scenes on YouTube. I just can't justify spending over 90 bucks after taxes on a set for a couple new deleted scenes and a commentary everyone says is crap. I don't have a 4K set up and I own a bajillion copies of these movies on every format.
Why would it cost $90? The set is $40 with free shipping on Amazon right now?
It's like $90 on Amazon Canada right now.
Is this Blu-Ray set a "WHILE SUPPLIES LAST." kind of thing?
Dr.D wrote: June 14th, 2019, 10:12 am I just keep imagining how cool it would've been as a teaser. What better way to say "hey we're doing another Ghostbusters" than opening with a cheesy fake commercial that has everyone you'd want to see back in the sequel. Something about seeing all four of 'em in front of the firehouse screaming their slogan gets me every time.
"-Because we're still READY TO BELIEVE YOU!!!"
Easily the best of the new special features. (In my opinion.)

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]