Image credit: Paul Rudoff and Spook Central.

Sunday saw the broadcast of the two-hour special Ghostbusters: Behind Closed Doors on the Reelz channel, and in addition to new and historic interview content and behind the scenes photographs, an unseen deleted scene from Ghostbusters II appeared as part of the B-roll content (sequences often filmed with a secondary camera behind the primary one).

Paul Rudoff has uploaded a copy of the deleted scene to Spook Central for you to watch and enjoy.

While it is unfortunate that some of the scene's audio was obscurred through Reelz' editing process, it still offers a unique piece of content from Ghostbusters II in the film's 30th anniversary year.
Glenn Frederick, mrmichaelt, Sav C and 1 others liked this
RE the new deleted scene. The excerpt from the Naha novel appears to originate from the 11-27-88 draft on page 53. So it seems at one point, they kept Peter's line about the boutique but jettisoned the gaudy costumes and dded Winston and Ray working on a Slime Blower except now it seems post-montage since Winston is in the charcoal suit and Ray is in the lab coat. It's not in the Feb. 27 1989 draft. It could be a case it being in another draft in between or one after February 27 - and they weren't sure so they took it out, put back in, took it out, filmed it since we know there's a bunch of drafts from December up to February 8.
Sav C liked this
More of Winston, now that's what both of these movies needed. This is awesome! Dig into the vault and find more of this hidden treasure. I'm stuck in Alaska doing a seasonal jobby and this brightened my day up a bit.
Demon Vice Commander, Kingpin, Hammer and 1 others liked this
It seems this same footage also aired in the UK back in 1989. By chance a channel I follow on youtube uploaded a clip from a show that used to air here on the BBC called Film(with whatever the year was at the end). In this case Film '89:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ITxys-ZTDc

You can see the same scene at 0:55 am and it seems the audio is not blocked this time.

I'm not sure if the clip of Ray shouting at mood slime is new too, its different dialog to what is in the film obviously but I didn't see the Behind Closed Doors documentary, so I'm unsure if it aired in that too.

Anyway, enjoy. :cool:
Wafflerobot wrote: July 10th, 2019, 9:19 pm It seems this same footage also aired in the UK back in 1989. By chance a channel I follow on youtube uploaded a clip from a show that used to air here on the BBC called Film(with whatever the year was at the end). In this case Film '89:

You can see the same scene at 0:55 am and it seems the audio is not blocked this time.

I'm not sure if the clip of Ray shouting at mood slime is new too, its different dialog to what is in the film obviously but I didn't see the Behind Closed Doors documentary, so I'm unsure if it aired in that too.

Wow! I hovered over Film 89 like a hawk at the time and yet still managed to completely miss this report! Good old BarryNorman Activity and his “none of this impresses me” schtick! And why not?
Wafflerobot liked this
Wafflerobot wrote: July 10th, 2019, 9:19 pm It seems this same footage also aired in the UK back in 1989. By chance a channel I follow on youtube uploaded a clip from a show that used to air here on the BBC called Film(with whatever the year was at the end). In this case Film '89:

I could kiss you! I love it when a GB2 behind the scenes clip comes around that I've never seen. That's being said...

Holy crap, Danny Boy, dial it back a bit. Thank god they reigned in his performance for that scene. What was he doing with his voice? It seemed like a rehearsal since none of the slime bubbled. But yikes...
Wafflerobot, Kingpin liked this
robbritton wrote: July 11th, 2019, 12:50 am Wow! I hovered over Film 89 like a hawk at the time and yet still managed to completely miss this report! Good old BarryNorman Activity and his “none of this impresses me” schtick! And why not?

Ha same here actually. I would pester my mum to stay up and watch this show every week in to see if they were talking about GB2 and i somehow missed this at the time.
robbritton liked this
Excellent find. :) Gotta love that opening shot of Ecto-1 parked in front of LA23, which must've been another setup scene from near the start of the film which ultimately fell on the cutting/scripting room floor.

And... "Slimerzooka". Hmm.

It's interesting to hear its alternate name, but "Slime Blower" just seems to fit the prop better.
Kingpin wrote: July 11th, 2019, 5:16 am Excellent find. :) Gotta love that opening shot of Ecto-1 parked in front of LA23, which must've been another setup scene from near the start of the film which ultimately fell on the cutting/scripting room floor.

And... "Slimerzooka". Hmm.

It's interesting to hear its alternate name, but "Slime Blower" just seems to fit the prop better.
Is this scene in the script? Also, you're right. Slimerzooka is "hmm". Slime Blower is a million times better. Perhaps that was improv from Dan? Cause I remember Slime Blower being used in the script.

What's also interesting is to hear the "boutique item"(I think that's what Venkman says, little hard to hear) which is similar to what he says about the mood slimed toaster.

I just had a thought about Dan's voice in the Mood Slime test. Do you think they were trying to do something with the Vigo possession here? Maybe foreshadow it a bit? But since they ended up cutting the car crash scene maybe they changed it up? Cause his voice just sounds so wrong and over the top. Maybe whenever Ray exhibits any type of negative emotion the Vigo thing comes into play a bit? Perhaps they were trying that out here. Cause his voice just...wow. Not right.
RichardLess wrote:Is this scene in the script? Also, you're right. Slimerzooka is "hmm". Slime Blower is a million times better. Perhaps that was improv from Dan? Cause I remember Slime Blower being used in the script.
Nope. Well, in none of the drafts we know of. Instead, Winston and Peter enter scene tired from going out on a job. Later on in the 11/27/88 script, on page 86, Ray introduces the Slime Blower, "We have a prototype for a pressure-forced, neutronically metered, fully portable delivery system. Basically, it's a "slime-blower."" Then there's a descriptor after his line 'He holds up a bazooka-like tube attached to a set of compressed air tanks.' So it sounds like this was a a scene they filmed a few times and tried different lines, hence the Slimerzooka being from an alt version of this deleted scene.
RichardLess wrote:I just had a thought about Dan's voice in the Mood Slime test. Do you think they were trying to do something with the Vigo possession here? Maybe foreshadow it a bit? But since they ended up cutting the car crash scene maybe they changed it up? Cause his voice just sounds so wrong and over the top. Maybe whenever Ray exhibits any type of negative emotion the Vigo thing comes into play a bit? Perhaps they were trying that out here. Cause his voice just...wow. Not right.
I don't think so, the Museum visit where Vigo does his thing to Ray happens way after the demo.
mrmichaelt wrote: July 11th, 2019, 6:16 am
RichardLess wrote:Is this scene in the script? Also, you're right. Slimerzooka is "hmm". Slime Blower is a million times better. Perhaps that was improv from Dan? Cause I remember Slime Blower being used in the script.
Nope. Well, in none of the drafts we know of. Instead, Winston and Peter enter scene tired from going out on a job. Later on in the 11/27/88 script, on page 86, Ray introduces the Slime Blower, "We have a prototype for a pressure-forced, neutronically metered, fully portable delivery system. Basically, it's a "slime-blower."" Then there's a descriptor after his line 'He holds up a bazooka-like tube attached to a set of compressed air tanks.' So it sounds like this was a a scene they filmed a few times and tried different lines, hence the Slimerzooka being from an alt version of this deleted scene.
RichardLess wrote:I just had a thought about Dan's voice in the Mood Slime test. Do you think they were trying to do something with the Vigo possession here? Maybe foreshadow it a bit? But since they ended up cutting the car crash scene maybe they changed it up? Cause his voice just sounds so wrong and over the top. Maybe whenever Ray exhibits any type of negative emotion the Vigo thing comes into play a bit? Perhaps they were trying that out here. Cause his voice just...wow. Not right.
I don't think so, the Museum visit where Vigo does his thing to Ray happens way after the demo.
Oh. Right. Duh, slime test is after the montage. Carry on folks. Nothing to see here.
Kingpin wrote:Excellent find. :) Gotta love that opening shot of Ecto-1 parked in front of LA23, which must've been another setup scene from near the start of the film which ultimately fell on the cutting/scripting room floor.
It's Mosen's Ecto replica. There was never a scene with both cars.
Kingpin wrote:And... "Slimerzooka". Hmm..
"GB900 Slime-A-Zooka"

I don't have the art right in front of me, but some concept art had it named "Slimezooka" and "Slime Slinger".
mrmichaelt liked this
d_osborn wrote: July 11th, 2019, 11:25 amIt's Mosen's Ecto replica. There was never a scene with both cars.
Oh, I never assumed it was the fabled "two car" scene. I just figured it was from before or just after the birthday party.

I guess he got to bring it by LA23 as part of the arrangements that saw him get the cameo appearance?
Kingpin wrote: July 11th, 2019, 1:38 pm
d_osborn wrote: July 11th, 2019, 11:25 amIt's Mosen's Ecto replica. There was never a scene with both cars.
Oh, I never assumed it was the fabled "two car" scene. I just figured it was from before or just after the birthday party.

I guess he got to bring it by LA23 as part of the arrangements that saw him get the cameo appearance?
Haha, or maybe him asking for the cameo? The firehouse scenes were shot before the restaurant scene.

The only cut material from around the birthday party scene was the Ecto not starting. I'm not 100% sure that was even shot.
I would be not be surprised if Peter Mosen got to bring his Ecto 1 replica to firehouse #23, in the issue of The Real Ghostbusters magazine where he was interviewed( the issue number escapes me at the moment) their is a picture of him with Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd in front of it. Getting back to the topic at hand, I watched the deleted scene posted on You Tube as part of the episode of Film 89 and it was nice to hear the spoken lines more clearly. I wonder if there is another version of this scene where Dan Aykroyd actually says Slime Blower instead of Slime Zooka.
Kingpin wrote: July 11th, 2019, 1:38 pm

Whoa whoa whoa. Wait. What? "Two car scene" "fabled". Are you all trying to tell me there is a piece of Ghostbusters 2 trivia that I, Richardless, am unaware of? What is this fabled two car scene? How have I not heard of it? Details people! I need details!

And who or what is a Peter Mosen??
RichardLess wrote:Whoa whoa whoa. Wait. What? "Two car scene" "fabled". Are you all trying to tell me there is a piece of Ghostbusters 2 trivia that I, Richardless, am unaware of? What is this fabled two car scene? How have I not heard of it? Details people! I need details!
There's a fan rumor going back ages, maybe even the late-90s, of a deleted scene with both Ecto-1 and 1A together. I'm not really sure where the rumor started, but it's 110% bogus.
Peter Venkman Jr. wrote: July 11th, 2019, 2:49 pmtheir is a picture of him with Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd in front of it.
Found it!

Peter Mosen was once the "King of Ghostbusters Fans", back in the 1980s. Not only did he have a suit and Pack, he had a pretty decent Ecto-1 replica for the time. He was so big a fan he actually got a cameo in Ghostbusters II, he's seated at the table between Peter and Dana and the main entrance of the restaurant during the "Jingle in the year 2000" scene, Mosen is the man sat next to the lady who gets covered in Ray's cast-off slime.

As Derick noted, for years there was a persistant rumour of a photo/scene from Ghostbusters II of Ecto-1 and Ecto-1A parked next to each other. It's why some fans insist the cars are two separate vehicles in the movies. In likelihood they might've seen one of the photos of the two cars parked together on the Sony backlot during their "rust city" phase. Much like the "Slimer flying out of the Statue of Liberty" sequence some fans have attested to, the "two Ectos" scene is another example of the mandela effect.
Kingpin wrote: July 11th, 2019, 7:15 pm
Peter Venkman Jr. wrote: July 11th, 2019, 2:49 pmtheir is a picture of him with Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd in front of it.
Found it!

Peter Mosen was once the "King of Ghostbusters Fans", back in the 1980s. Not only did he have a suit and Pack, he had a pretty decent Ecto-1 replica for the time. He was so big a fan he actually got a cameo in Ghostbusters II, he's seated at the table between Peter and Dana and the main entrance of the restaurant during the "Jingle in the year 2000" scene, Mosen is the man sat next to the lady who gets covered in Ray's cast-off slime.

As Derick noted, for years there was a persistant rumour of a photo/scene from Ghostbusters II of Ecto-1 and Ecto-1A parked next to each other. It's why some fans insist the cars are two separate vehicles in the movies. In likelihood they might've seen one of the photos of the two cars parked together on the Sony backlot during their "rust city" phase. Much like the "Slimer flying out of the Statue of Liberty" sequence some fans have attested to, the "two Ectos" scene is another example of the mandela effect.
Interesting. Speaking of the Ecto's

Does anyone know why the Ecto 1A is labeled "Ecto 2" for the scene where the GB's try to recruit Peter to join them in the sewers? The "all you can eat BBQ rib night at the sizzler" scene.
RichardLess wrote: Does anyone know why the Ecto 1A is labeled "Ecto 2" for the scene where the GB's try to recruit Peter to join them in the sewers? The "all you can eat BBQ rib night at the sizzler" scene.
Initially, the new Ecto was named Ecto-2 but it got changed to Ecto-1a at some point in production. So it still being in that one scene is a goof, someone forgot to change the license plate. I don't think the reason was ever revealed for the change but I've seen speculation it was to avoid any overlap with RGB's Ecto-2 gyro.
Kingpin liked this
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

RichardLess wrote:Speaking of the Ecto's
Does anyone know why the Ecto 1A is labeled "Ecto 2" for the scene where the GB's try to recruit Peter to join them in the sewers? The "all you can eat BBQ rib night at the sizzler" scene.
The ECTO-2 scene in question was part of a March/April reshoot, which was pretty late in production. The original version of the scene was sadly Ecto-free and took place inside Venkman’s apartment. It’s on the Blu-ray.

In early drafts of the script, the original ECTO-1 continued to see action. Perhaps the production was having a tough time finding another Caddy—by late October, a twelve-door Checker Cab was written to be the new ECTO-2. ILM did a few concepts. Some were published in the Visual History book.

...and holy hell, it was a real car.

Perhaps Kenner was was past the deadline for tooling new Ectomobile toys. Perhaps production finally found a matching car. By the next draft of the script, the ECTO-2 was a 59 Caddy. Stephen Dane referred to it as ECTO-I: Mark Two. Chuck Gaspar’s crew built the car and shipped it to NYC for it’s late-November date to REER-REER-REER out of Hook & Ladder 8, now designated ECTO-1A.

Throughout the entire production, the car was referred to as ECTO-2 in schedules, call sheets, and scripts. Never ECTO-1A. Even during the late-March/April reshoots mentioned above. No wonder the prop guys got confused and slapped an ECTO-2 plate on the car for the scene in question.

groschopf liked this
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

d_osborn wrote: July 11th, 2019, 10:45 pm
RichardLess wrote:Speaking of the Ecto's
The ECTO-2 scene in question was part of a March/April reshoot, which was pretty late in production. The original version of the scene was sadly Ecto-free and took place inside Venkman’s apartment. It’s on the Blu-ray.

In early drafts of the script, the original ECTO-1 continued to see action. Perhaps the production was having a tough time finding another Caddy—by late October, a twelve-door Checker Cab was written to be the new ECTO-2. ILM did a few concepts. Some were published in the Visual History book.

...and holy hell, it was a real car.

Perhaps Kenner was was past the deadline for tooling new Ectomobile toys. Perhaps production finally found a matching car. By the next draft of the script, the ECTO-2 was a 59 Caddy. Stephen Dane referred to it as ECTO-I: Mark Two. Chuck Gaspar’s crew built the car and shipped it to NYC for it’s late-November date to REER-REER-REER out of Hook & Ladder 8, now designated ECTO-1A.

Throughout the entire production, the car was referred to as ECTO-2 in schedules, call sheets, and scripts. Never ECTO-1A. Even during the late-March/April reshoots mentioned above. No wonder the prop guys got confused and slapped an ECTO-2 plate on the car for the scene in question.

Did they ever end up filming the spontaneous combustion scene? With the Wall Street exec? I don't think they did. It's in a pretty late version of the script though. I've just never seen any pictures of mentions of anyone cast in the role.

Where did you get the call sheets and other goodies? I'd love close examinations of them. Do they reveal any interesting tidbits?

I still find it hard to believe they were filming a mere 2 months before release date AND some of the scenes had FX requirements. The production of this movie is INSANE. I wish someone would write a book about it.

There's a scene in one of the versions of the GB2 drafts, where instead of a river or slime it was bugs/rats and creep crawlers that was acting crazy. Anyways there's this one scene of this WASPY couple getting ready for an evening out on the town. This overbearing woman is in the powder room yapping her face off about banal crap or something while the man sits on the bed slowly loading a gun, getting ready to blow his annoying wife's head off. It's such a DARK funny sequence. I wish they could've worked it into the movie. You can bet that was a Harold Ramis sequence. He always loved taking shots at the well to do, high society snobs.
RichardLess wrote:Did they ever end up filming the spontaneous combustion scene? With the Wall Street exec? I don't think they did. It's in a pretty late version of the script though. I've just never seen any pictures of mentions of anyone cast in the role.
We know they at least cast the role. Kurt Fuller revealed he was invited to read for the role but it might of went to Gilbert Gottfried. (Then they couldn't get Atherton back, Reitman remembered Fuller, offered him a part but no negotiation, and he was on a flight to NY to film)

Fuller talks about it on the Yes Have Some podcast Ep. 84 around the 41:50 mark.
https://dts.podtrac.com/redirect.mp3/tr ... _Ep_84.mp3

I'm also pretty sure d_osborn has a lot of these old papers sealed in tubes in a vault under his house.
Wafflerobot liked this
RichardLess wrote: July 12th, 2019, 12:36 am Did they ever end up filming the spontaneous combustion scene? With the Wall Street exec? I don't think they did. It's in a pretty late version of the script though. I've just never seen any pictures of mentions of anyone cast in the role.
Like Michael mentioned above, Fuller had auditioned for the role. The scene was cut before being filmed. For deadline reasons, if I had to guess. It would've been a cool scene! Mr. Less is correct, though-- it was in the script fairly late, well after shooting began.

I think it would've been cool/cheaper/faster to go with another slime gag over fire. Foreshadow the slime shell of the museum, have slime pouring out of the walls, desk, lamps, etc.
RichardLess wrote: July 12th, 2019, 12:36 am Where did you get the call sheets and other goodies? I'd love close examinations of them. Do they reveal any interesting tidbits?
I still find it hard to believe they were filming a mere 2 months before release date AND some of the scenes had FX requirements. The production of this movie is INSANE.
I've been collecting since (checks watch) the late-90s. There are TONS of interesting tidbits!
The March/April reshoot wasn't even the latest. The went until basically zero hour. Insane is a good word to describe it. :-)
RichardLess wrote: July 12th, 2019, 12:36 am I wish someone would write a book about it.
I've heard there's a very detailed documentary in the works. :love:

Like Robert Brown once said, "If you wanna get something done, you gotta do it yourself. OWWW!!!!"
Kingpin wrote: July 12th, 2019, 7:37 am
mrmichaelt wrote: July 12th, 2019, 3:12 amI'm also pretty sure d_osborn has a lot of these old papers sealed in tubes in a vault under his house.
Or stowed in climate-controlled crates like the ending of Raiders of the Lost Ark.
I wish I had that much room. I'm an archival binder man. Tubes are for posters, blueprints, and large format photo prints. :-)
mrmichaelt liked this

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]