Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By Dr.D
honestly, that would be absolutely perfect and hysterical. Just imagining one of the original GBs gets roped in and he calls in the others because he just looks at that kid and is like "Wait what?" Reactions of the others as they see Egon clearly had a secret kid.
By timeware
Illegal cloning in a barn in the middle of nowhere? You'd think he was Dr. Venture or something. Although Egon skipping out on romance, secluding himself from society and becoming the next Shandor is something I can totally see happening. In the video game he was Impressed with Shandor's tech. Who knows what they recovered, or learned while on that island.
By Alphagaia
timeware wrote: July 13th, 2019, 12:41 pm Illegal cloning in a barn in the middle of nowhere? You'd think he was Dr. Venture or something. Although Egon skipping out on romance, secluding himself from society and becoming the next Shandor is something I can totally see happening. In the video game he was Impressed with Shandor's tech. Who knows what they recovered, or learned while on that island.
Jason Reitman: Wait. What island now?
By deadderek
As someone who wears glasses, I'm happy to see it's been pointed out that wearing Egon's pair would be too over-sized for a kid, and they couldn't just be worn by anyone, especially with 20/20 vision already.
By Alphagaia
I wear glasses myself, you four eyes!

But while I could see her still wanting to wear them, either with a new prescription or with the glass removed, them not fitting on a 13 year old is a tougher nut to crack, eyes don't grow, but the area between your eyes and ears do, and I'll admit defeat!
deadderek liked this
By timeware
Alpha wouldn't Egon buying a small sub to recover Shandor tech explain why he's broke and living in a barn all these years? Not bloody likely but it's a plausible theory. That only works if shandor island and the video game are Canon.
By deadderek
I know it's been said before that the events of the video game might not be canon, but I dig that it's obviously canon enough that at Fan Fest there was a patch commemorating the event along with the movies themselves.

While in the movie there might not be ANY mention of the events from the game, I'm REALLY hoping there is.
Sav C liked this
By SSJmole
RedSpecial wrote: July 13th, 2019, 1:37 pm Yeah, it would be nice if there was some acknowledgement of the game.
Even if it's just one throwaway line.
The kids will be the kids of the rookie and they also won't talk. It's family trait!
By Davideverona
RedSpecial wrote: July 13th, 2019, 1:37 pm Yeah, it would be nice if there was some acknowledgement of the game.
Even if it's just one throwaway line.
Ray: "remember that time when they made a video game about us, set in 1991?"

Peter: "that's what I meant by 'the franchise rights alone will make us rich beyond our wildest dreams'!!"
Alphagaia, Sav C liked this
By Alphagaia
I did not specify when she finds and when she removes the glass ofcourse.

But I already admitted defeat, you are on my back and I need you to get of it, you tenacious one...! ;-)
By robbritton
deadderek wrote: July 13th, 2019, 1:33 pm I know it's been said before that the events of the video game might not be canon, but I dig that it's obviously canon enough that at Fan Fest there was a patch commemorating the event along with the movies themselves.

While in the movie there might not be ANY mention of the events from the game, I'm REALLY hoping there is.
It’d be a very odd move to deliberately write out the last time Harold Ramis will ever play Egon, but I can’t imagine they’d make any direct allusion to the events of the game. More likely they’ll just have whenever they went out of business (if indeed they have) be sometime after 1991 and not worry about it.
By Dr.D
Harold's involvement in the video game is not as widely known outside the community. Remember, movies have to be made with the conceit that a portion of the audience will not have the same knowledge as the hardcore fan base.
By RichardLess
You know what would be an awesome scene?

I was going thru Jason Reitman's Instagram and saw that he posted a picture of that weird Orange console on wheels that is confiscated during the Dean Yeager scene and it made me think.

First of all, I love that he posted a pic of that thing. I've always been fascinated by it. What it is? Second of all it made me think of what else the university takes from the crew. And one of the things they take is the video camera Ray use's during the library ghost encounter.

So, how cool would it be if saw that sequence AGAIN but from the POV of Ray's camcorder? And we show Ray watching the footage(having gotten the tape/footage back in the intervening years) trying relive the glory years. He stops watching the footage and the TV goes back to the regular input and the channel it happens to be on is airing a TV show. It's an older TV so we hear the audio before the picture tunes in. The theme music sounds familiar. And we hear "Welcome Back to "World of the psychic" and finally we see a much older Peter Venkman hosting his old show.
"Today's guest is a man claiming to have had a telepathic conversation with...(grits teeth at the ridiculousness of it)...a coat hanger. When we come back from commercial you'll meet the coat hanger. What will it have to say? Is it plastic? Metal? Or one of those wooden ones with a metal hook? We'll find out"
By Davideverona
RichardLess wrote: July 13th, 2019, 6:53 pm You know what would be an awesome scene?

I was going thru Jason Reitman's Instagram and saw that he posted a picture of that weird Orange console on wheels that is confiscated during the Dean Yeager scene and it made me think.

First of all, I love that he posted a pic of that thing. I've always been fascinated by it. What it is? Second of all it made me think of what else the university takes from the crew. And one of the things they take is the video camera Ray use's during the library ghost encounter.

So, how cool would it be if saw that sequence AGAIN but from the POV of Ray's camcorder? And we show Ray watching the footage(having gotten the tape/footage back in the intervening years) trying relive the glory years. He stops watching the footage and the TV goes back to the regular input and the channel it happens to be on is airing a TV show. It's an older TV so we hear the audio before the picture tunes in. The theme music sounds familiar. And we hear "Welcome Back to "World of the psychic" and finally we see a much older Peter Venkman hosting his old show.
"Today's guest is a man claiming to have had a telepathic conversation with...(grits teeth at the ridiculousness of it)...a coat hanger. When we come back from commercial you'll meet the coat hanger. What will it have to say? Is it plastic? Metal? Or one of those wooden ones with a metal hook? We'll find out"
Yes, please.

From the look on the little stars social profiles, looks like they're having a lot of fun. Grace took Kim phone and made a video :)
Last edited by Davideverona on July 14th, 2019, 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
By deadderek
Dr.D wrote: July 13th, 2019, 4:18 pm Harold's involvement in the video game is not as widely known outside the community. Remember, movies have to be made with the conceit that a portion of the audience will not have the same knowledge as the hardcore fan base.
Just a throwaway line wouldn't confuse the audience it'd be a nice little Easter egg for us.
Seth Rex wrote:I do believe it is time for a section for Ghostbusters 2020.
We had a Ghostbusters 3 board for many many years until ATC came along.
By RichardLess
Any guesses what the actual title of GB2020 is going to be?

Do they switch it up and call it Ghostbusters III?(this would be the smartest marketing move. It would avoid confusion & Tell people that this is indeed a sequel to the originals)

Will we get a subtitle? Something like Ghostbusters: Generations. Or "Rusty City: A Ghostbusters Story"(ok that's ones a joke). Or "Ghostbusters: The Rise of Gozer" or Ghostbusters: Let's Pretend 2016 Didn't Happen. Or Ghostbusters: The Revenge of Peck. Or Ghostbusters: Answer The Call. Opps. The last one might be taken. Ok. Here's one "Ghostbusters: 2 Hot to Handle 2 Cold to Hold". No no. It's this one: Ghostbusters 3: Electric Booogaloo(get it? Cause it has "boo" in it? Ahh forget it).

Or will they stick with the confusing as hell Ghostbusters 2020? The average Joe seeing a title like that on a marquee is going to assume Barbara Walters is in the darn thing. Plus in 2022 it'll sound obsolete.

I think sticking with tradition and calling it Ghostbusters III would be the best and smartest move. Which means Sony probably won't do it. It'll definatley be called "Ghostbusters The Video Game: The Motion Picture".
By philmorgan81
If it is not GB 2020. I think it will be Ghostbusters: Subtitle. However it will be a Subtitle that states that this is a sequel to the original films. I have no idea what short and sweet subtitle that is, but that will be one of the suprises. :):):)
Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]