By GBDRE760
Does anyone know of a seller that has the small metal proton gun knob? I noticed that the shop doesn't have any listed. Although I am 3D Printing the pack, I would like whatever parts that are meant to be metal to actually be metal because there aren't many paints out there that are truly convincing unless you really want to shell out some dough, otherwise I would model one in 3D and print it at high quality fine settings.

The knob that I am talking about is circled in yellow in the picture. Thanks guys :)

By GBDRE760
Demon Vice Commander wrote: July 15th, 2019, 5:08 pm It's actually a shaft collar for the green lever that controls the barrel extension mechanism. If you can't get a metal one and end up using plastic or resin, you can always just paint the shaft collar black (as four of the five hero throwers originally had it painted).
Sooooooo....... What your really saying is... JUST 3D PRINT the thing at FINE settings and paint it black and call it a day? lol
You could try, but stuff with knurled details often are hard to look spot on with fdm printing. If you have access to sla or dlp printing methods, that could give you a really good 3d print in resin.

A lot of the 3d models for fdm printing I've seen just don't even bother with the knurling. Still worth a try if you're wanting to give it a shot and see what your printer will do, but it's often not ideal.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]