Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By philmorgan81
RedSpecial wrote:You'd think they'd atleast still be consulting, given their experience .
Although if I'm honest I will be more than a little disappointed if we don't see them in the full rig one last time.
Well if the kids are the focus and if they are the new Ghostbusters. There is a good chance that what is left of the original crew could suit up one more time since none of the new crew appear to be old enough to drive the Ecto 1. Unless they don’t fix the Ecto 1 in this movie or if Paul Rudd is a Ghostbuster. Anything is possible at this point. :):):)
By timeware
So in the leaked photos there's what looks like to be the back end of a white pick up with red lights. It would make a hell of a lot of sense to use a pick up as their new vehicle. Probably some random persons vehicle on set but I'm calling this one. It can't be the back of the original car unless they modified it and made the hearse a convertible, which I pray to all that 's holy they didn't modify the original ecto that much.

Side note if there are new old staypuft t-shirt's I hope we can get a hold of them unlike the awesome power man merch marvel didn't put out in the last season of Luke Cage. Damn, I wanted those shirt's!
By deadderek
RedSpecial wrote: July 16th, 2019, 4:26 pm Although if I'm honest I will be more than a little disappointed if we don't see them in the full rig one last time.
This is all I ask from the movie. The guys suited up just 1 more time.
By RichardLess
deadderek wrote: July 16th, 2019, 10:42 pm
RedSpecial wrote: July 16th, 2019, 4:26 pm Although if I'm honest I will be more than a little disappointed if we don't see them in the full rig one last time.
This is all I ask from the movie. The guys suited up just 1 more time.
Same. Remember when Bill Murray showed up at the scream awards in full gear? He looked AWESOME. Granted that was 10 years ago but I need to see these guys suited up. Something tells me we will get our wish.

As a side note, Deadderek, someone disliked your comment about suiting up. What the heck is going on? Why are people all of a sudden disliking comments that are simple opinions. That's borderline troll behaviour. Like I said in a previous post, there's an unspoken code here that dislikes are used only when merited for off topic, trolling, insults, rudeness, that kind of thing. Now posts asking the original GB's suit up in the new movie are getting disliked?? Anyone else find that odd?
deadderek, philmorgan81, RedSpecial and 2 others liked this
By philmorgan81
Regarding the Dislike, I am very guilty about repeating myself and generally saying the same things in discussion. I am not sure, but I think I may have received a few dislikes for repeating myself. This one could be the same kind of thing. Just an individual that reading the topic and is tired of the same people repeating the same thing and just down votes. I suppose it could be jarring to read through a topic and get annoyed when a person chimes in over and over and doesn’t bring anything new to the topic. I think it is odd for people to downvote a post when nothing offensive is really said in it.

But you never know what is going to set some people off. It’s odd, but I don’t think it is anything to write home about nor take personally. ;)

Now back on the topic of GB 2020. I share Deadderek and Your sentiment RichardLess regarding the remaining OGBs suiting up just one more time and Like you have the strongest of feelings that we will get our wish. When Bill showed up at the 2010 Scream Awards it showed me that those guys could still look awesome in that gear even at a more advanced age. I have seen Ernie in full gear during the GB 2 board game Kickstarter and he like Bill looked Awesome. I am curious if Dan Aykroyd can still pull off the jumpsuit and goggles. The last time I saw him suit up it was his Casper cameo and that was 1995. :)

This is one of those statements I have kept bringing up since the original Ghostbusters 3 topic board LOL! :):):)
By Kingpin
timeware wrote: July 16th, 2019, 9:42 pm So in the leaked photos there's what looks like to be the back end of a white pick up with red lights. It would make a hell of a lot of sense to use a pick up as their new vehicle. Probably some random persons vehicle on set but I'm calling this one
I'm gonna call this one, it's a random pickup that isn't going to play any role in the film other than be a bit of set dressing.
By Davideverona
The only original Ghostbusters I always thought would have problems with the jumpsuit were Dan and Harold for obvious reasons.

Dan put on a pack during a visit here in Italy and he looked frigging awesome!!!! He even held my pke meter.
Doctor Venkman, Sav C liked this
By Doctor Venkman
RichardLess wrote: July 16th, 2019, 4:51 pm Dislikes usually aren't used to downvote or silence a harmless opinion(which is what happens when a certain threshold of dislikes is surpassed). There's an unspoken etiquette that downvotes are generally reserved for things like: off topic behaviour, trolling, insults, being rude or aggressive.
RichardLess wrote: July 16th, 2019, 11:27 pm What the heck is going on? Why are people all of a sudden disliking comments that are simple opinions. That's borderline troll behaviour. Like I said in a previous post, there's an unspoken code here that dislikes are used only when merited for off topic, trolling, insults, rudeness, that kind of thing. Now posts asking the original GB's suit up in the new movie are getting disliked?? Anyone else find that odd?
I think you just summed up perfectly why you're so confused.

Dislikes are not for silencing opinions. No one is silencing you. Even when the post is hidden there's a button right next to it that says "show post" so your post isn't removed or deleted or anything.

People are disliking because they don't like the post. "Dislike"... otherwise, shouldn't every post have a nonstop stream of "Likes" since they're contributing a non-troll post to the discussion? Or are "likes" used for agreeing with something, but "dislikes" somehow aren't for disagreeing with the post?

Your opinion that dislikes should be used only for bad behavior is offbase and it seems that a good number of people don't agree with your opinion. The things you're talking about, like off-topic, trolling, rude, or aggressive behavior get reported, not disliked.

Dislikes are for when people "don't like" the post. It's really not as shocking as you're making it out to be, and frankly... makes it seems like you care a lot more about likes and dislikes than you're saying. People may not like your post, they may use the dislike button.
RichRyan1507 liked this
By RichardLess
Doctor Venkman wrote: July 17th, 2019, 8:46 am
RichardLess wrote: July 16th, 2019, 4:51 pm Dislikes usually aren't used to downvote or silence a harmless opinion(which is what happens when a certain threshold of dislikes is surpassed). There's an unspoken etiquette that downvotes are generally reserved for things like: off topic behaviour, trolling, insults, being rude or aggressive.
RichardLess wrote: July 16th, 2019, 11:27 pm What the heck is going on? Why are people all of a sudden disliking comments that are simple opinions. That's borderline troll behaviour. Like I said in a previous post, there's an unspoken code here that dislikes are used only when merited for off topic, trolling, insults, rudeness, that kind of thing. Now posts asking the original GB's suit up in the new movie are getting disliked?? Anyone else find that odd?
I think you just summed up perfectly why you're so confused.

Dislikes are not for silencing opinions. No one is silencing you. Even when the post is hidden there's a button right next to it that says "show post" so your post isn't removed or deleted or anything.

People are disliking because they don't like the post. "Dislike"... otherwise, shouldn't every post have a nonstop stream of "Likes" since they're contributing a non-troll post to the discussion? Or are "likes" used for agreeing with something, but "dislikes" somehow aren't for disagreeing with the post?

Your opinion that dislikes should be used only for bad behavior is offbase and it seems that a good number of people don't agree with your opinion. The things you're talking about, like off-topic, trolling, rude, or aggressive behavior get reported, not disliked.

Dislikes are for when people "don't like" the post. It's really not as shocking as you're making it out to be, and frankly... makes it seems like you care a lot more about likes and dislikes than you're saying. People may not like your post, they may use the dislike button.
So I'll respond to this post but if you have a reply, use the PM's so we don't take this into an off topic mess.

Dislikes are *usually* reserved for the type of behaviour I've alluded to. It's an unspoken code. If you don't follow that code, cool beans. But it's there and I'd say on average most users tend to stick with it. The dislikes start coming out in force usually when things get heated or a controversial topic is discussed.

Dislikes don't bother me in the least(back in the GB16 days I received more than my fair share & understood why & didn't question it). But a trend in dislikes on innocuous posts, when that wasn't previously the case, makes me curious. Again. Someone disliked a post asking that he personally would like to see the GB's suited up in the new movie. Given that this a ghostbusters forum, I find that odd.

I stated this before but incase you missed it I'll say it again. Most posts that past the threshold of having to click on them to read , due to the dislikes, are obvious and sometimes offensive in nature. Part of my goal in asking about the dislikes was to make sure I did not offend anyone. I've been on this site a few years. I've said some pretty controversial things, gotten in many heated debates. In all that time I think this is the first time I crossed the dislike threshold. I find that interesting and curious given the nature of the post. I wanted to find out why that was. End of story.
By Kingpin
People are free to like or dislike whatever they want here, the system's never really been policed, although people abusing it have been spoken to. One of the consequences of getting too many dislikes is, as mentioned, a post being hidden... However it is not really a tool intended for moderation, Mods don't get notices to say a post has been hidden. Any improper or rule-breaking behaviour should be reported with the Report Post button - that gets a direct line to the Mod staff.

I don't get why your post got so many dislikes, but there's not a lot I can do about it.
RichRyan1507, 80sguy, deadderek and 1 others liked this
By Alphagaia
On other news, me and the missus finally finished Stranger Things 3 and I gotta say I'm hella excited for Wolfhart being in GB20.

The way he looks and acts give some great Spengler vibes, and even if he won't be a Spengler, he will at least give a stellar performance.

The fact he has grown up so much in these last few years helps as well: I won't see him as that kid from ST or IT.
RichRyan1507, Sav C liked this
By RichardLess
Alphagaia wrote: July 17th, 2019, 2:07 pm On other news, me and the missus finally finished Stranger Things 3 and I gotta say I'm hella excited for Wolfhart being in GB20.

The way he looks and acts give some great Spengler vibes, and even if he won't be a Spengler, he will at least give a stellar performance.

The fact he has grown up so much in these last few years helps as well: I won't see him as that kid from ST or IT.
You have to imagine S2 of Stranger things, with the heavy ghostbusters references, made a huge impact on Jason signing Finn.

(Very mild Spoiler Alert for S3 Stranger Thing)
This Post Contains Spoilers
Last edited by Kingpin on July 17th, 2019, 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added spoiler tags
By timeware
I'm gonna call this one, it's a random pickup that isn't going to play any role in the film other than be a bit of set dressing.
I'm willing to eat crow if I'm wrong, but if it turns out either of us are correct I'll bet you an ecto cooler. One that hasn't passed the expiration date.
By Alphagaia
RichardLess wrote: July 17th, 2019, 2:55 pm
Alphagaia wrote: July 17th, 2019, 2:07 pm On other news, me and the missus finally finished Stranger Things 3 and I gotta say I'm hella excited for Wolfhart being in GB20.

You have to imagine S2 of Stranger things, with the heavy ghostbusters references, made a huge impact on Jason signing Finn.
He stated he didn't want to sign him on because of Stranger things, but gave him a chance and was blown away. Could be just marketing spin ofcourse.

Also regarding fan theories about what happened at the end of ST3, I'm good. I like the series, but not enough to delve into that.
deadderek liked this
By philmorgan81
Dr.D wrote:Anyone else hearing that Ernie cancelled a convention appearance due to "filming commitments"?

No your the first person I have heard that from. How did you hear about it? I suppose it wouldn't suprise me if he had to cancel because of filming. Ernie does seem to stay busy. The big question is he filming GB 2020? :):):)
RichRyan1507 liked this
By Kingpin
We should remember however that he's got a lot of acting roles both on and off the big screen, so his cancellation for filming duties isn't automatically proof of his involvement in 2020.
deadderek liked this
By lozbloke
Apologies if this has been asked before, but will we be getting a section dedicated to GB20 soon? Just thinking that as more information gets out, might be worth separating various topics and keeping spoilers in a specific sub catagory for those that want to see / discuss them :)
By 80sguy
Kingpin wrote: July 19th, 2019, 1:27 am We should remember however that he's got a lot of acting roles both on and off the big screen, so his cancellation for filming duties isn't automatically proof of his involvement in 2020.
He could also be doing reshoots for other existing projects. Actors are at the mercy of studios, their schedules change constantly.
Kingpin, deadderek liked this
By mrmichaelt
lozbloke wrote: July 19th, 2019, 3:40 am Apologies if this has been asked before, but will we be getting a section dedicated to GB20 soon? Just thinking that as more information gets out, might be worth separating various topics and keeping spoilers in a specific sub catagory for those that want to see / discuss them :)
Preaching to the choir. I asked Kingpin about it either in this thread somewhere or in PM, and I think only AJ has the power to do so. There was a GB3 section but he renamed it the GB2016 section. (It was a time saver to do that if you've ever worked on a forum behind the scenes and he couldn't have predicted another movie was going to be made and had to make what use of what little free time he had I'd assume) I'd even throw my hat in the ring to be a temp mod just to move all GB3 and 2020 threads to that section should it ever be made.
By Fritz
mrmichaelt wrote: July 19th, 2019, 5:05 pm
lozbloke wrote: July 19th, 2019, 3:40 am Apologies if this has been asked before, but will we be getting a section dedicated to GB20 soon? Just thinking that as more information gets out, might be worth separating various topics and keeping spoilers in a specific sub catagory for those that want to see / discuss them :)
Preaching to the choir. I asked Kingpin about it either in this thread somewhere or in PM, and I think only AJ has the power to do so. There was a GB3 section but he renamed it the GB2016 section. (It was a time saver to do that if you've ever worked on a forum behind the scenes and he couldn't have predicted another movie was going to be made and had to make what use of what little free time he had I'd assume) I'd even throw my hat in the ring to be a temp mod just to move all GB3 and 2020 threads to that section should it ever be made.
Yeah, basically what Ben said--creating new forums is under Administrator permissions. Now once the forum was made, Moderators could move the threads into it. (I run a PhpBB3 forum myself, so I have some idea how it's done.)
lozbloke liked this
By BatDan
yeah, I'm being patient but my mind is wandering...

like what exactly is this thing!?

Is this Crystal Skull all over again? they keep a tight lid on a movie thats really just a big anticipated let down?

is this just Jurassic World? a reboot with lots of fan service ?

or is this the GB3 we've all been waiting for (guys back, etc.) ? just with a new fresh formula/angle?

we have no clue. lol. i kinda like the mystery. maybe we'll get a 2nd teaser of sorts soon-ish once Jason has enough footage to work with.
*NormalGamer*, Sav C liked this
By janeb984
It's not a lot of info, and I'm too lazy to find the source again, but I saw a letter production sent out around an old gas distribution warehouse thing up there that said they'd be filming at the warehouse and to expect loud explosion sounds and pyrotechnics. So I guess they are busy blowing stuff up, lol
By *NormalGamer*
BatDan wrote: July 22nd, 2019, 12:08 pm yeah, I'm being patient but my mind is wandering...

like what exactly is this thing!?

Is this Crystal Skull all over again? they keep a tight lid on a movie thats really just a big anticipated let down?

is this just Jurassic World? a reboot with lots of fan service ?

or is this the GB3 we've all been waiting for (guys back, etc.) ? just with a new fresh formula/angle?

we have no clue. lol. i kinda like the mystery. maybe we'll get a 2nd teaser of sorts soon-ish once Jason has enough footage to work with.
@ *referring to bold*

Good. At least it's better this way. I'm very comfortable with being patient until all things come together nicely for the film.
robbritton liked this

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]