By EctoPat
Hello! I’ve been looking for a very screen accurate GB1 logo patch and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find some patches that are practically the real deal. Appreciate any feedback, Thank you!!
By Kingpin
Up until recently, Anovos was the only company that produced the most screen-accurate looking Ghostbusters shoulder logo patches:

Now, there are a few groups/individuals who appear to have produced their own versions of the off-model design, including:
•The Calgary Ghostbusters
•This listing on WorthPoint
RedSpecial liked this
By RedSpecial
In regards to the accuracy of those patches.
The anovos is a decent representation but it has an inaccurate border around the red stitching, and the eyes are upside down.

The Calgary Ghostbusters patch also has some some inaccurate seams but it really looks the part and I hear they're now using felt for the ghost.
It's also readily available.

The patch that Kingpin linked to on worthpoint does look good but it's impossible to say for sure with such small images to go by.

The most accurate patch I've seen to date is the Todd Cook Designs patch, the only problem is it's only available in runs at certain times.
There was a run recently with a couple of spare slots but I'm not sure if they've been snapped up yet.
By EctoPat
Kingpin wrote:Up until recently, Anovos was the only company that produced the most screen-accurate looking Ghostbusters shoulder logo patches:

Now, there are a few groups/individuals who appear to have produced their own versions of the off-model design, including:
•The Calgary Ghostbusters
•This listing on WorthPoint

Ok! Thanks so much for the info, I’ll check these out. Thanks again!!
By Matt Campbell
I recently seen on Facebook that there is a website called www.1980somethingCOINS.com selling screen accurate Ghostbusters Mooglie Patches for $2.99, they claim their patches are the correct size and thickness and they also say that the thread direction is movie accurate too.
By Prologic9
I grabbed a few of the leochallengecoins.com patches since they looked nice and $3 is just dirt cheap. Unfortunately they're noticeably undersized. I'm not sure what they're basing their measurements on since they seem so sure about them.

Their no-circle is 2.75" wide. The Anovos patch is 3" wide, and they had access to the screen used patches so frankly I trust that more. We also have proof that the GBII patches have a 3" circle.
By JWils23
Thought I'd throw in some comparison pictures for reference as I have the GBfans patch (currently on my flight suit), the Katarra 8 patch and the Anovos patch. I found the comparison pictures on the GB wiki which has a few good shots of the original logo, you can find it here https://www.gbfans.com/wiki/Flight_Suit
Here is the GBfans patch (top) with the Katarra 8 patch
Here is the GBfans patch and the Anovos patch
And all three so you can see the size/color comparison

I have to say, when you look at the original and the Anovos together they look pretty close. I know it was mentioned above that the red border on the outside was incorrect but the original appears to have that as well, you can really see it along the bottom of the patch. It also appears the eyes may be just a tad off, but overall it looks pretty close.

I had been debating back and forth on whether or not I wanted to swap out the GBfans patch with the Anovos patch or just hang onto it, this thread made me compare them all and has reignited my curiosity haha!
By RedSpecial
The border you're seeing on the original patch is the stitching that attaches it to the sleave,its not part of the patch itself.

Here's a Todd Cook Designs patch on the right, you can see a similar effect going on with it Image

ccv66 liked this
By JWils23
Interesting, I was wondering that as I was looking at the pictures and trying to determine if it was actually a small border or the stictching. I wonder if the people at Anovos making this patch saw the original and thought the stitching was a border and tried to replicate it.

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]