Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By RichardLess
BatDan wrote: July 23rd, 2019, 7:34 am
deadderek wrote: July 23rd, 2019, 6:41 am Here's an idea? You guys take your Kevin Smith talk to private messages while we all stay on topic in this thread.

Oh ! Did ya find us some news derek?
🎶 Derek, Derek, gimmie tha news, I've got a bad case of no Ghosbusters 2020 trailer blues🎶
BatDan, Sav C liked this
By Davideverona
Doctor Venkman wrote: July 23rd, 2019, 10:17 am
Davideverona wrote: July 23rd, 2019, 12:18 am Dan Aykroyd!!!!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Aykroyd
Please tell me you understand that anyone can edit Wikipedia and it, in no way, confirms that he will be in the movie.
I know it. My intention was to get everyone excited by reading "Dan Aykroyd!!!" and then getting low seeing it's just a Wikipedia link.
Dr.D liked this
By deadderek
I never thought I would hate a thread I created, especially when it's about the movie I have never been more excited for in my entire life.

Yet...here we are.

[Redacted expletives]
Last edited by deadderek on July 23rd, 2019, 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Davideverona liked this
By Kingpin
Alphagaia wrote: July 23rd, 2019, 4:33 amBUT Dogma, Clerks and Chasing Amy are absolutely great.
Wait... Chasing Amy? It was different, but also a bit of a snorefest... I'd definitely swap out Chasing Amy for Mallrats.
By RichardLess
deadderek wrote: July 23rd, 2019, 12:58 pm I never thought I would hate a thread I created, especially when it's about the movie I have never been more excited for in my entire life.

Yet...here we are.

[Redacted expletives]
Don't hate! Appreciate.

It's funny. I never thought in a million years that a Ghostbusters sequel wouldn't be the movie I'm most excited to see in any given calendar year. But Ghostbusters 2020 is my 2nd most anticipated movie next year. There's another movie coming out two months after GB2020 which is connected to a franchise I love almost as much, if not equal to, Ghostbusters. Yet for some reason GB2020 just isn't quite at the same level. Which is insane because I'm ridiculously looking forward to GB2020.

But "The Many Saints Of Newark" just so happens to be coming out in September 2020 & that is my most anticipated event next year.
By RichardLess
Sav C wrote: July 23rd, 2019, 5:21 pm Ghostbusters 20? Did I fall asleep and miss 18 sequels or something, lol?
Did anyone watch the Godzilla Animated Series based on the Godzilla '98 movie? There's an episode where the main characters somehow end up in the future and on a cinema marquee in this future is "Ghostbusters 9" or something like that, some ridiculous number of sequels, and they make a similar joke about missing Ghostbusters 3 thru 8.
deadderek, Sav C, robbritton and 1 others liked this
By timeware
RichardLess wrote: July 23rd, 2019, 9:22 pm
Sav C wrote: July 23rd, 2019, 5:21 pm Ghostbusters 20? Did I fall asleep and miss 18 sequels or something, lol?
Did anyone watch the Godzilla Animated Series based on the Godzilla '98 movie? There's an episode where the main characters somehow end up in the future and on a cinema marquee in this future is "Ghostbusters 9" or something like that, some ridiculous number of sequels, and they make a similar joke about missing Ghostbusters 3 thru 8.
I've only been using that joke for the last four years. Lol.
By Alphagaia
Can we all make this thread less about whatever and whoever likes or doesn't like and more on topic?

I don't mind an oftopic post here and there, I get news is slow and one needs to find a way to pass the day, but this is just filling up a thread, and I feel the tension between people is rising.
By RichardLess
Alphagaia wrote: July 24th, 2019, 3:24 am Can we all make this thread less about whatever and whoever likes or doesn't like and more on topic?

I don't mind an oftopic post here and there, I get news is slow and one needs to find a way to pass the day, but this is just filling up a thread, and I feel the tension between people is rising.
Until there's a proper GB2020 section topics are going to get off topic. GB news is slow and other things are going to get talked about. There's no need to try and police the thread. Kingpin & co are around and can monitor what is and isn't the proper course of action.
By Alphagaia
If GB20 gets it own section or not should not matter regarding people abiding to Forum rules.

Staying on topic is a very common and polite policy in many forums and it shouldn't need the interference of a mod to convince anyone to abide to it if multiple people have asked this on numerous occasions.
By RichardLess
Alphagaia wrote: July 24th, 2019, 4:22 am If GB20 gets it own section or not should not matter regarding people abiding to Forum rules.

Staying on topic is a very common and polite policy in many forums and it shouldn't need the interference of a mod to convince anyone to abide to it if multiple people have asked this on numerous occasions.
And yet here you are, off topic.

Come on Alpha stay on topic we are trying to discuss GB2020 here!
By deadderek
Every time the thread goes off topic I try to steer it back.

Lack of news? Okay so don't post in this thread. Not a hard thing to do.
By RichardLess
Davideverona wrote: July 24th, 2019, 4:28 am I wonder why Kim Logan had to remove his "Gang" photo from Instagram.

Your guess?

Also, RichardLess, is the Big Thing still on?
No. I mentioned awhile back that either things have changed or got pushed back. I'm fairly certain it's the latter. Well, I kind of know it's the latter. Last thing I heard was LATE September/early October but I have no idea if that person knew or was speculating.

When the movie gets released and we hear of behind the scenes talk, I'll be interested to hear what happened. My guess is last minute re-write/polish but who knows. But back when I learned what I learned the movie was suppose to be well into production by now. Early-mid June. But these things happen so who knows.
By Davideverona
I guess Jason was really caught off guard by Sony greenlighting the thing after the first draft. I think he had to immediately jump in pre production, assembling the crew and casting parts.

First rumours of shooting start date were May 13th, wich I suppose was very early and things had to be pushed back a couple of months.

And: what about the Kim pic? My guess: he involuntarily revealed that the kids ARE the new team.
By RedSpecial
Ok so.. Back on topic.

Did you hear, Paul Rudd has been cast? ;)

I really like that they're remaining tight lipped about everything at the moment.
It makes it more impactful when we do get an update.

In regards to the leak that was posted previously with the Super Hero pack.
I wonder if they'll utilise the molds taken from it for anovos in order to make some new packs seeing as those assets are already there.
It depends on the terms of Sony's deal with them I guess.

But it did come across in that post that they were looking more at replicating the pack they had in hand and experimenting with weathering techniques rather than another teardown to take fresh moulds from it.
RichRyan1507, Sav C liked this
By Doctor Venkman
janeb984 wrote: July 23rd, 2019, 4:47 pmhttps://twitter.com/NKuhlHerald/status/ ... 49920?s=20

So they keep pushing forward. Of note, they say the filming is for Ghostbusters 20.

Why not Rust City, or just Ghostbusters? Seems like an intentional choice.
It's a town press release. They actually refer to it as "the Ghostbusters 20." Don't read into it. It's likely written by a low-level staffer who just went with what he could find online. It's not likely intentional, so much as uninformed.
By Kingpin
RedSpecial wrote: July 24th, 2019, 6:34 amIn regards to the leak that was posted previously with the Super Hero pack.
I wonder if they'll utilise the molds taken from it for anovos in order to make some new packs seeing as those assets are already there.
It depends on the terms of Sony's deal with them I guess.

But it did come across in that post that they were looking more at replicating the pack they had in hand and experimenting with weathering techniques rather than another teardown to take fresh moulds from it.
It's possible that they may go out and build a fresh buck and mold, based on the Superhero's measurements, thus allowing them to tweak things with modern prop-making techniques and production technology.

Something (that may have already been mentioned) we also have to consider is we may see "tweaked" Proton Pack designs, modifications made by Ray to bring the 35-year-old bits of equipment back into functioning order.
RichRyan1507, Davideverona, Sav C and 1 others liked this
By Alphagaia
RichardLess wrote: July 24th, 2019, 4:28 am
Alphagaia wrote: July 24th, 2019, 4:22 am If GB20 gets it own section or not should not matter regarding people abiding to Forum rules.

10 print "And yet here you are, off topic."

20 print "Come on Richardless stay on topic we are trying to discuss GB2020 here!"

30 goto 10.
Run.
Ahum, I'm wondering what kind of toys we will get out of this movie. I remember ATC merchandise spoiling some ghosts and plotpoints, while also having a few ghosts being completely different to what finally came on screen.

Isn't there some kind of toys fair that annualy shows the new lineup?
By RichardLess
Alphagaia wrote: July 24th, 2019, 2:39 pm
RichardLess wrote: July 24th, 2019, 4:28 am

10 print "And yet here you are, off topic."

20 print "Come on Richardless stay on topic we are trying to discuss GB2020 here!"

30 goto 10.
Run.
Ahum, I'm wondering what kind of toys we will get out of this movie. I remember ATC merchandise spoiling some ghosts and plotpoints, while also having a few ghosts being completely different to what finally came on screen.

Isn't there some kind of toys fair that annualy shows the new lineup?
What was that 10 print 20 print business about??
By Kingpin
Alphagaia wrote: July 24th, 2019, 2:39 pm Isn't there some kind of toys fair that annualy shows the new lineup?
San Diego Comic Con, or New York Toy Fair are a couple of the biggest ones that showcase stuff like that. The next installment of NYTF is February 2020, so that's our first likely chance to see any toy merchandise to come out of Ghostbusters 2020.
RichardLess wrote: July 24th, 2019, 2:44 pmWhat was that 10 print 20 print business about??
It's an old joke based on outdated computer programming code: Link
Alphagaia liked this
By GalmOne
I first thought that it was going to be published in a super long time, and then I realised that we'll be in 2020 within 6 months... Do we already have a release date, or is it just "at some point between January and December"?

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker scen[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]

Where do the other ends of the red/yellow wire[…]