By obiwanjabroni
Hello All,

Looking for some assistance in ordering some Corcoran 995's. I was able to locate the thread that discussed how you could order your same size in Converse and should be ok. As someone who doesn't have any Converse shoes, and won't be able to try any on for at least a month due to working shift, I was wondering if anyone knew the size comparison with Nike. I'm in a 10.5 Nike and from what I am able to find online, it looks like I should be ok to go with a 10.5 in the Corcoran. Any help would be great!
By RedSpecial
If anything I'd say converse are a bit more form fitting than Nike.
I'm a size nine in both.
I ordered the same size of 995's and they fit without any problem.

There's actually a good deal of adjustment with the way they lace up so they can be loosened quite a bit if you need more room or plan on wearing thick socks in the colder months.

By obiwanjabroni
RedSpecial wrote: August 2nd, 2019, 7:27 am If anything I'd say converse are a bit more form fitting than Nike.
I'm a size nine in both.
I ordered the same size of 995's and they fit without any problem.

There's actually a good deal of adjustment with the way they lace up so they can be loosened quite a bit if you need more room or plan on wearing thick socks in the colder months.
Great thanks for the info. How did you find the width? Did you have to go with a wide, or stay with the regular standard?
By obiwanjabroni
RedSpecial wrote: August 2nd, 2019, 8:28 am Just the regular they're fairly roomy, although I don't need wider fitting shoes or sneakers normally so I'm probably not the best metric to go by for that .
All good, appreciate the info! Thanks
By obiwanjabroni
Just an update on the Corcoran adventure...

As mentioned above, for most of my shoes (mainly Nikes/Jordans) I wear a size 10.5 and they fit fairly snug. I was able to pop into a department store the other week and try on some Converse Chuck Taylor All-Stars. I found them to fit a bit longer then my Nikes and sized down to a 10 in both the high and the low tops.

Based on many of the previous posts I saw on here about lining up Corcoran to Converse I took a gamble and ordered the 995's in a size 10. Low and behold they arrived this afternoon and fit perfectly. The regular width was just right for my foot and found them surprisingly comfortable. One thing I did notice, as others have mentioned, is the laces that come with the boots are nowhere near long enough to lace all the way up. Now on to find some suitable laces!
Christof, darthbuster liked this
By obiwanjabroni
Christof wrote: August 15th, 2019, 1:55 pm Hey, cool! Glad to hear my anecdotal "Corcoran-to-Converse" comparison is actually helpful!
It was pretty much spot on! To your point, the Corcorans do fit slightly shorter then the Converse, but I think a size for size comparison is pretty accurate.
Christof liked this

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]