By Carldacorte
Hey everyone! I've been lurking here for a while and have learned a lot from your posts! I've been working on and off for a few months on my Spirit pack and thought I would share my progress so far. Let me know what you think!

ImageSpirit Halloween Proton Pack Mod by Ironhorsemusicrocks, on Flickr

I'm currently finishing a Spirit scaled wand kit from Benofkent. I can't recommend him enough! His products are awesome and his customer service is excellent!

The plan is to assemble the wand this week and start on the electronics next week. I've purchased the GB fans lights and sound kits. Any advice for installing in the Spirit pack?
Macmansteele liked this
By JWils23
The GBfans cyclotron kit will fit right in the spirit pack with minimal modification. You have to make the power cell window larger if you want to get every light, I think I had to lengthen mine by a 1/4” on top and bottom if I recall correctly. You don’t have to do this if you don’t want to, you just miss the top and bottom lights which I’m sure no one would be able to tell the difference.
Carldacorte liked this
You lied! It is a spirit mod thread! Very nice work done on it too. Happy to see it here. Is it true that a scaled down wand from Benofkent is still larger than the wand from Spirit? I thought I saw that so that would make for a very good option for me without making it look weird if the wand is full size. Do you think the Spirit wand kit from Ghostlab42 would work on a benofkent wand with some modification?
Carldacorte liked this
Thanks for the tips. I "dry fit" the power cell pcb in last night. It looks fine to me missing the top and bottom lights. I wouldn't have even noticed if I didn't know any better
JWils23 wrote: July 31st, 2019, 12:14 pm The GBfans cyclotron kit will fit right in the spirit pack with minimal modification. You have to make the power cell window larger if you want to get every light, I think I had to lengthen mine by a 1/4” on top and bottom if I recall correctly. You don’t have to do this if you don’t want to, you just miss the top and bottom lights which I’m sure no one would be able to tell the difference.
Sorry! Couldn't help myself :)

From what I've read, the spirit wand is about 75% the size of a "full size" wand. The BOK kit I got is at 84% I think it'll be a good size to use while keeping the scale of the pack in check. The Ghostlab42 spirit kit would probably have been a better option for me except that at the time I purchased it, I didn't have the kit yet, so I didn't know how the smaller bargraph of the spirit kit would fit into the 84% wand.

Macmansteele wrote: July 31st, 2019, 5:49 pm You lied! It is a spirit mod thread! Very nice work done on it too. Happy to see it here. Is it true that a scaled down wand from Benofkent is still larger than the wand from Spirit? I thought I saw that so that would make for a very good option for me without making it look weird if the wand is full size. Do you think the Spirit wand kit from Ghostlab42 would work on a benofkent wand with some modification?
... an update on my build!

Here's my Ben of Kent 84% wand so far. I've still got the lights to install, a switch, and a couple of other parts. I haven't put any of the knobs on yet. I wasn't thrilled with the detail in the included 3d printed ones and Ben says he's working on metal 84% scaled knobs for his wand kit - so I'm holding out on those for now. I was able to incorporate a rotating barrel and when it's done, it'll have a wand tip extension too.

ImageUntitled by Ironhorsemusicrocks, on Flickr

I finished installing the GB Fans soundboard and pack lights kit today too. Everything fits nice and tidy on the motherboard. I made some brackets to hold the battery in place. In order to turn the battery on and off, I drilled a hole in the motherboard to reach the switch. Not very elegant, but it does the job. I also fabricated a couple of brackets to mount the power cell pcb in place.

That's all I got for now! I should have this finished this week!
    Greetings from Montana

Hey and welcome

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]