Write a quick introduction to introduce yourself.
By DoctorVenkman
I hope this introduction message finds you all well! I chose DoctorVenkman as my user name because he was my favorite character in the movies and in the Real Ghostbusters cartoon. As an adult, I've grown to enjoy all the characters for what they brought to the stories.

I was fortunate to receive an ecto 1 toy at the earliest memory of Christmas to go with my standard set of figures. I still have it with what survived from those first couple waves of figures- some parts missing.

I definitely know I still have my original toy pke meter, and I think my trap and proton pack might be in storage.

I recently joined the GN fans Facebook page and have truly enjoyed seeing posts and interacting with fellow Ghostbusters fans. It took a little over a month, but I fondly realized this forum and the site associated to it was relayed to the Facebook page. I actually had visited gb fans website and forums and read topics over the years as a casual fan.

The enthusiasm and hobby of Ghostbusting has enthralled me into finally collecting a Ghostbusters uniform and I am in the process of acquiring the gear; for the most part I am all set! I am going to rely on a spirit pack and a homemade budget pack this Halloween, but have already ordered a vac pack kit that I am excited to build.

If you've read this far along, I admit I've always been bad at introductions, my name is Levi. I joined a local Ghostbusters franchise on August 2nd and still need to get my patches on my flight suit after I pick it up from the local army surplus.

As far as long introductions go, I'll stop typing your electronic ears off and look forward to talking proton packs, ecto plasm, the movies, cartoons, and even slimer with you all soon.

Thanks for the admin,moderators and webmaster of this website and community.

Keep on bustin'

- Levi DoctorVenkman
By RichardLess
DoctorVenkman wrote: August 13th, 2019, 1:15 am I hope this introduction message finds you all well! I chose DoctorVenkman as my user name because he was my favorite character in the movies and in the Real Ghostbusters cartoon. As an adult, I've grown to enjoy all the characters for what they brought to the stories.

I was fortunate to receive an ecto 1 toy at the earliest memory of Christmas to go with my standard set of figures. I still have it with what survived from those first couple waves of figures- some parts missing.

I definitely know I still have my original toy pke meter, and I think my trap and proton pack might be in storage.

I recently joined the GN fans Facebook page and have truly enjoyed seeing posts and interacting with fellow Ghostbusters fans. It took a little over a month, but I fondly realized this forum and the site associated to it was relayed to the Facebook page. I actually had visited gb fans website and forums and read topics over the years as a casual fan.

The enthusiasm and hobby of Ghostbusting has enthralled me into finally collecting a Ghostbusters uniform and I am in the process of acquiring the gear; for the most part I am all set! I am going to rely on a spirit pack and a homemade budget pack this Halloween, but have already ordered a vac pack kit that I am excited to build.

If you've read this far along, I admit I've always been bad at introductions, my name is Levi. I joined a local Ghostbusters franchise on August 2nd and still need to get my patches on my flight suit after I pick it up from the local army surplus.

As far as long introductions go, I'll stop typing your electronic ears off and look forward to talking proton packs, ecto plasm, the movies, cartoons, and even slimer with you all soon.

Keep on bustin'

- Levi DoctorVenkman
Wow. How has DoctorVenkman not been chosen as a user name until now? Maybe everyone just assumed it was taken?

I think there's a couple other users with a Venkman moniker but the fact that DoctorVenkman hasn't been used until now is incredible lol.

Welcome aboard doc.
By DoctorVenkman
Fritz wrote: August 13th, 2019, 7:37 am
Wow. How has DoctorVenkman not been chosen as a user name until now? Maybe everyone just assumed it was taken?
Well, there is Doctor Venkman (without the space) who's been a fairly regular contributor (1922 posts), but yeah, Levi has chosen quite well.

Is there away to change my user name just a little bit? I know user names are important to people sometimes, and I don't want to take away from the other Doctor Venkman's enjoyment.
By DoctorVenkman
Kingpin wrote: August 13th, 2019, 6:31 pm He has chosen... Wisely.
Haha or as I accidentally said once, I poured chosley. Maybe I messed up by having a similar name to someone else? Should I change it?
By DoctorVenkman
RichardLess wrote: August 13th, 2019, 3:04 am
DoctorVenkman wrote: August 13th, 2019, 1:15 am I hope this introduction message finds you all well! I chose DoctorVenkman as my user name because he was my favorite character in the movies and in the Real Ghostbusters cartoon. As an adult, I've grown to enjoy all the characters for what they brought to the stories.

Keep on bustin'

- Levi DoctorVenkman

I think there's a couple other users with a Venkman moniker but the fact that DoctorVenkman hasn't been used until now is incredible lol.

Welcome aboard doc.
Your message had me hyped, and I completely agree; I didn't think it would be available, but alas as it's been pointed out; someone had essentially already chosen the name in 2004 unbeknownst to me. I really like the name, but I don't want to take away from the other Venkman's time here or cause confusion.

I private messages the other Doctor Venkman to see if he's okay with me keeping it or if he wants me to change. I entirely respect if he wants to be the one and only.
By Doctor Venkman
In all honesty it’s not about wanting to be the one and only, but moreso wanting to avoid confusion. Maybe just adding a number to the end? People won’t always recognize the space and may confuse us but if you’re DoctorVenkman1984 or something, that won’t result in as much confusion.
DoctorVenkman liked this
By DoctorVenkman
I was just looking in the FAQ if I could change my username. I agree on the confusion being an issue, but if I can change my username, it will be without numbers and I would like something Peter Venkman related.
By DoctorVenkman
Doctor Venkman wrote: August 13th, 2019, 9:43 pm In all honesty it’s not about wanting to be the one and only, but moreso wanting to avoid confusion. Maybe just adding a number to the end? People won’t always recognize the space and may confuse us but if you’re DoctorVenkman1984 or something, that won’t result in as much confusion.
Would you take insult if I asked for " the real Doctor Venkman" as in the real Ghostbusters cartoon? I'm digging TRGB avatar I made.
By Doctor Venkman
DoctorVenkman wrote: August 13th, 2019, 10:11 pm
Doctor Venkman wrote: August 13th, 2019, 9:43 pm In all honesty it’s not about wanting to be the one and only, but moreso wanting to avoid confusion. Maybe just adding a number to the end? People won’t always recognize the space and may confuse us but if you’re DoctorVenkman1984 or something, that won’t result in as much confusion.
Would you take insult if I asked for " the real Doctor Venkman" as in the real Ghostbusters cartoon? I'm digging TRGB avatar I made.
I’d assume that may be too long as I assume there’s a character limit. Maybe try RGB Dr. Venkman?
By RichardLess
I know Doctor Venkman with the space is technically entitled to the name since he was first but here's a thought.

Maybe we could devise a contest of some sort. A trivia challenge or something. If both agree, whoever loses adds the number or whatever. But again, first come first serve so I would totally understand if the original Venkman would rather just keep the user name he's had for....15 years.
By Doctor Venkman
RichardLess wrote: August 14th, 2019, 7:08 am I know Doctor Venkman with the space is technically entitled to the name since he was first but here's a thought.

Maybe we could devise a contest of some sort. A trivia challenge or something. If both agree, whoever loses adds the number or whatever. But again, first come first serve so I would totally understand if the original Venkman would rather just keep the user name he's had for....15 years.
I would not be in favor of this ridiculously odd suggestion.
Kingpin liked this
By RichardLess
Doctor Venkman wrote: August 14th, 2019, 7:30 am
RichardLess wrote: August 14th, 2019, 7:08 am I know Doctor Venkman with the space is technically entitled to the name since he was first but here's a thought.

How is it ridiculous or odd?

Also, why did you have to go that route? Why couldn't you just say "Nah that's ok. I like the user name" but no.
You had to be a bit of a jerk about it.
By Doctor Venkman
RichardLess wrote: August 14th, 2019, 7:36 am
Doctor Venkman wrote: August 14th, 2019, 7:30 am

Also, why did you have to go that route? Why couldn't you just say "Nah that's ok. I like the user name" but no.
It’s obvious why it’s ridiculous and odd to suggest that I change a name I’ve had for 15 years.

Frankly, the suggestion was more than a bit jerkish. I honestly debated not even responding cuz it was more of the usual with you and I figured you were probably baiting me; which you probably were.

It’s not jerkish at all for me to call a ridiculous and odd suggestion “ridiculous and odd.”
By RichardLess
Doctor Venkman wrote: August 14th, 2019, 10:25 am
RichardLess wrote: August 14th, 2019, 7:36 am

It’s obvious why it’s ridiculous and odd to suggest that I change a name I’ve had for 15 years.

Frankly, the suggestion was more than a bit jerkish. I honestly debated not even responding cuz it was more of the usual with you and I figured you were probably baiting me; which you probably were.

It’s not jerkish at all for me to call a ridiculous and odd suggestion “ridiculous and odd.”
It is. You have an attitude problem & I don't know why we can't talk with more respect. I never bait anyone on here ever. All I do is give my opinion. I said you are entitled to the user the name and I also said I would 100% understand if you turned the idea down. Which you did. But instead of doing it in a respectful way you get jerky about it. It seems you have a problem with me. I don't know what I did to deserve that but if I've insulted you or disrespected you in a previous post I truly apologize. Or rather is it my opinions that you don't care for? Whatever it is, block me or we can make nice. I have zero problem with the latter.
By Doctor Venkman
RichardLess wrote: August 14th, 2019, 2:24 pm
Doctor Venkman wrote: August 14th, 2019, 10:25 am

It is. You have an attitude problem & I don't know why we can't talk with more respect. I never bait anyone on here ever. All I do is give my opinion. I said you are entitled to the user the name and I also said I would 100% understand if you turned the idea down. Which you did. But instead of doing it in a respectful way you get jerky about it. It seems you have a problem with me. I don't know what I did to deserve that but if I've insulted you or disrespected you in a previous post I truly apologize. Or rather is it my opinions that you don't care for? Whatever it is, block me or we can make nice. I have zero problem with the latter.
The problem is summed up right in this message. You constantly play the victim and act as if you’re innocent. You don’t just apologize for being a jerk, you act like you did nothing wrong and then give a half assed apology but follow it up with more judgment and acting the victim.

Swing that judgmental pendulum back the other way buddy.

You DO bait people. You start crap all the time and then act all confused why people don’t get along with you. You expect respect when you suggest that I should change my username? Get a pulse. You expect respect from everyone but give it to precisely NO ONE.

You jump into a conversation that has nothing to do with you and suggest that I change a username that I’ve had for 15 years, which is longer than most users have been around. Then you play victim that that suggestion is called out for being exactly what it was.

So take your own advice. Block me and stay out of conversations about me, or make nice and stop being a baiting, immature, disrespectful, petulant child. I have zero problem with either of these solutions, but don’t expect me to not call you out when you act inappropriately.
By RichardLess
Doctor Venkman wrote: August 14th, 2019, 3:50 pm
RichardLess wrote: August 14th, 2019, 2:24 pm

The problem is summed up right in this message. You constantly play the victim and act as if you’re innocent. You don’t just apologize for being a jerk, you act like you did nothing wrong and then give a half assed apology but follow it up with more judgment and acting the victim.

Swing that judgmental pendulum back the other way buddy.

You DO bait people. You start crap all the time and then act all confused why people don’t get along with you. You expect respect when you suggest that I should change my username? Get a pulse. You expect respect from everyone but give it to precisely NO ONE.

You jump into a conversation that has nothing to do with you and suggest that I change a username that I’ve had for 15 years, which is longer than most users have been around. Then you play victim that that suggestion is called out for being exactly what it was.

So take your own advice. Block me and stay out of conversations about me, or make nice and stop being a baiting, immature, disrespectful, petulant child. I have zero problem with either of these solutions, but don’t expect me to not call you out when you act inappropriately.

I don't even know where to start. So maybe...
Are you high? I'm serious. Are you? Because I clearly didn't suggest YOU change your user name. I mentioned an innocent little trivia challenge and said, within that very post, that I could understand if you didn't want to do it. How is that not showing respect?? Also? It's a user name. Relax. Adding a number to it isn't that big of deal. Luckily the gentleman that started this thread, DoctorVenkman, was extremely respectful. This entire thread was fine until your attitude problem. Damn straight I'm going to call you on that.

Also, this baiting thing is ridiculous lol. Can you give me an example of where I bait someone? I'm just looking to have conversations and debate. I don't bait anyone. I don't even know what you mean by "bait". Are you suggesting I'm saying something to provoke a negative response?

And this victim thing is just non sense. I get along with most people on this board. I assume you might be talking about the downvote thing? Which was not me being a victim(it's downvotes for Christ sakes) more I was curious why a *particular* post was getting downvoted. Sure I can get into some heated debates with certain members but I don't think anyone is taking it as personal as you.

Maybe try being a better person? You're a very rude individual that freaks out over a user name. If I act inappropriately I 100% expect to be called out on it. But there is zero need for this type of response from you. You acted like a jerk in the way you responded to a trivia challenge. I called you on it and now I guess you're getting the attention you wanted. I don't know. I tried apologizing if I had done something in the past, suggested we move on and make nice. But that's not enough for you. You had to up the ante.

I've had my fair share of these encounters. Usually it's because we disagree on something. But this one is hilarious. Apparently I've baited you into acting like an asshole? Most of the previous encounters have been about GB16 or politics. I've even had disagreements with Kingpin. But we all love each other in the end. You seem to be taking things very personally all because I suggested(shock!) what could've been a fun little game over a user name.

Grow up.

You don't deserve the Doctor Venkman moniker. You do a disservice to the name.
By Doctor Venkman
RichardLess wrote: August 14th, 2019, 4:57 pm I don't even know where to start. So maybe...
Are you high? I'm serious. Are you? Because I clearly didn't suggest YOU change your user name. I mentioned an innocent little trivia challenge and said, within that very post, that I could understand if you didn't want to do it. How is that not showing respect?? Also? It's a user name. Relax. Adding a number to it isn't that big of deal. Luckily the gentleman that started this thread, DoctorVenkman, was extremely respectful. This entire thread was fine until your attitude problem. Damn straight I'm going to call you on that.
The entire thread was fine and respectful until you came in. Everyone can see that. You can't spin this as you calling me on being disrespectful when you're the one who started it.
RichardLess wrote: August 14th, 2019, 4:57 pmAlso, this baiting thing is ridiculous lol. Can you give me an example of where I bait someone? I'm just looking to have conversations and debate. I don't bait anyone. I don't even know what you mean by "bait". Are you suggesting I'm saying something to provoke a negative response?
Your involvement in this thread is just one example of your baiting and it's blatantly obvious. Especially considering you almost never post in this section of the forum. Outside of this thread you have welcomed exactly ONE other person in this section of the board. You don't participate here. You came in to start shit.
RichardLess wrote: August 14th, 2019, 4:57 pmAnd this victim thing is just non sense. I get along with most people on this board. I assume you might be talking about the downvote thing? Which was not me being a victim(it's downvotes for Christ sakes) more I was curious why a *particular* post was getting downvoted. Sure I can get into some heated debates with certain members but I don't think anyone is taking it as personal as you.
These responses are purely playing victim and textbook deflecting. You're attempting to turn me calling your ridiculously odd suggestion "ridiculously odd" into me being the most disrespectful, flaming, argumentative asshole in existence, and it's honestly hilarious.
RichardLess wrote: August 14th, 2019, 4:57 pmMaybe try being a better person? You're a very rude individual that freaks out over a user name. If I act inappropriately I 100% expect to be called out on it. But there is zero need for this type of response from you. You acted like a jerk in the way you responded to a trivia challenge. I called you on it and now I guess you're getting the attention you wanted. I don't know. I tried apologizing if I had done something in the past, suggested we move on and make nice. But that's not enough for you. You had to up the ante.
You didn't "apologize and suggest we move on." You gave a fake apology, then a backhanded comment as if the whole thing is my fault, then told me to block you. The only one seeking attention is you. You inserted yourself into this, not me.
RichardLess wrote: August 14th, 2019, 4:57 pmI've had my fair share of these encounters. Usually it's because we disagree on something. But this one is hilarious. Apparently I've baited you into acting like an asshole? Most of the previous encounters have been about GB16 or politics. I've even had disagreements with Kingpin. But we all love each other in the end. You seem to be taking things very personally all because I suggested(shock!) what could've been a fun little game over a user name.
Yes, you have. *SHOCK* Maybe the common theme is YOU.
RichardLess wrote: August 14th, 2019, 4:57 pmGrow up.

Thank you. This, plus the fact that you think I'm not a good person are legtimiately compliments. For someone who is as childish and ridiculous as you, I wouldn't want you to like me. It's of the highest compliments that you think I'm not good enough. That alone proves I am.
deadderek, RichardLess liked this
By RichardLess
Doctor Venkman wrote: August 14th, 2019, 5:26 pm
RichardLess wrote: August 14th, 2019, 4:57 pm I don't even know where to start. So maybe...
The entire thread was fine and respectful until you came in. Everyone can see that. You can't spin this as you calling me on being disrespectful when you're the one who started it.
RichardLess wrote: August 14th, 2019, 4:57 pmAlso, this baiting thing is ridiculous lol. Can you give me an example of where I bait someone? I'm just looking to have conversations and debate. I don't bait anyone. I don't even know what you mean by "bait". Are you suggesting I'm saying something to provoke a negative response?
Your involvement in this thread is just one example of your baiting and it's blatantly obvious. Especially considering you almost never post in this section of the forum. Outside of this thread you have welcomed exactly ONE other person in this section of the board. You don't participate here. You came in to start shit.
RichardLess wrote: August 14th, 2019, 4:57 pmAnd this victim thing is just non sense. I get along with most people on this board. I assume you might be talking about the downvote thing? Which was not me being a victim(it's downvotes for Christ sakes) more I was curious why a *particular* post was getting downvoted. Sure I can get into some heated debates with certain members but I don't think anyone is taking it as personal as you.
These responses are purely playing victim and textbook deflecting. You're attempting to turn me calling your ridiculously odd suggestion "ridiculously odd" into me being the most disrespectful, flaming, argumentative asshole in existence, and it's honestly hilarious.
RichardLess wrote: August 14th, 2019, 4:57 pmMaybe try being a better person? You're a very rude individual that freaks out over a user name. If I act inappropriately I 100% expect to be called out on it. But there is zero need for this type of response from you. You acted like a jerk in the way you responded to a trivia challenge. I called you on it and now I guess you're getting the attention you wanted. I don't know. I tried apologizing if I had done something in the past, suggested we move on and make nice. But that's not enough for you. You had to up the ante.
You didn't "apologize and suggest we move on." You gave a fake apology, then a backhanded comment as if the whole thing is my fault, then told me to block you. The only one seeking attention is you. You inserted yourself into this, not me.
RichardLess wrote: August 14th, 2019, 4:57 pmI've had my fair share of these encounters. Usually it's because we disagree on something. But this one is hilarious. Apparently I've baited you into acting like an asshole? Most of the previous encounters have been about GB16 or politics. I've even had disagreements with Kingpin. But we all love each other in the end. You seem to be taking things very personally all because I suggested(shock!) what could've been a fun little game over a user name.
Yes, you have. *SHOCK* Maybe the common theme is YOU.
RichardLess wrote: August 14th, 2019, 4:57 pmGrow up.

Thank you. This, plus the fact that you think I'm not a good person are legtimiately compliments. For someone who is as childish and ridiculous as you, I wouldn't want you to like me. It's of the highest compliments that you think I'm not good enough. That alone proves I am.
A fake apology. I don't participate(not to mention I've started numerous threads on this forum). You claim everything was fine until I came here. You realize I commented BEFORE you, right? My apology was 100% sincere. I swear on everything I hold dear it was. But it doesn't matter now. I ask for proof of baiting and all I get is a ridiculous, delusional claim that I tried baiting you by offering up a silly trivia game when there was A) an option for you to politely decline and B) Win the challenge thus negating the entire thing. But no. You have to lie and act the victim(and then accuse me of doing the same)

You are right about one thing. This is the first time I've greeted someone on here. I guess I am guilty of not being more welcoming to new members. That is true, maybe I can work on that. But once again, instead of pointing that out in a respectful way you make up things like saying I don't participate. When someone has to lie to try and prove a point, it really shows what that person is made of. Frankly it's a bit weird that you know that this is my first time greeting someone.

Here's something I'll offer by way of proof of my sincerity. When I first joined this board, Alpha and I would get into some pretty heated discussions. Back then it's true I was more than a bit of a hot head and it took some members politely reaching out to say "hey cool your jets. We're all friends here". Now it's true Alpha and I still get into the odd debate and it can get heated. But I have no doubt that it always comes from a place of respect & love.

I don't think those that know me would accuse me of baiting anyone. I think I can definatley be overzealous at times and more than a bit opinionated. I also know I rub some users the wrong way. That's fine. But I am never insincere when it comes to an apology. I want to converse and debate, not hate. You seem to want to hate me over imagined slights(besides saying you are acting like an asshole and a jerk in this conversation, because you are) of baiting and trying to have your user name taken away. I just thought it would be a bit of fun. I swear. If I had known it was such a sensitive thing I wouldn't have suggested it. I just thought "hey. It's a user name. This could be fun. Who cares?"
By Fritz
Hey, guys, cool down. This just isn't worth it.

I apologize for pointing out the similarity to DoctorVenkman and Doctor Venkman's user names, because it seemed to have started this whole thing. I certainly didn't intend that--I was just having a little bit of fun. Ooops. :cool:

I don't see any problem with having the two similar names. Different avatars, different posting counts, different profiles. It'd only be a problem if one was clearly trying to imitate the other, and that is definitely not the case.

Everything's fine right now. Let's keep it that way, okay?
By Doctor Venkman
Fritz wrote: August 15th, 2019, 7:14 am Hey, guys, cool down. This just isn't worth it.

I apologize for pointing out the similarity to DoctorVenkman and Doctor Venkman's user names, because it seemed to have started this whole thing. I certainly didn't intend that--I was just having a little bit of fun. Ooops. :cool:

I don't see any problem with having the two similar names. Different avatars, different posting counts, different profiles. It'd only be a problem if one was clearly trying to imitate the other, and that is definitely not the case.

Everything's fine right now. Let's keep it that way, okay?
No worries, Fritz. You didn't start anything. DoctorVenkman was actually a cool guy and reached out to me privately when he noticed the similarity.

I don't take major issue to it, but I do think it will cause confusion a lot. But it's up to him what he wants to do. I'm good either way.
By Kingpin
I don't presently know AJ's view on this particular topic, but I think the forum can manage to exist with Doctor Venkman and DoctorVenkman. If the former doesn't have any issue with the latter having a similar name, then we can leave it at that unless we hear otherwise. Otherwise, if it were a matter of only one being kept to avoid confusion, it would clearly go to the user who'd been here the longest - a trivia contest isn't neccesary when the solution is simple.
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]