NotSabbat wrote: August 22nd, 2019, 7:18 am The packs in the movies all used split loom as far as I know. Im also not sure what the plastic connector you are referring to is. Did you purchase the pack pre-built? can you post a picture of the plastic connector?
I am talking about the plastic IDC connectors at the end of the ribbon cable that connects the GBfans proton wand light kit to the GBfans Soundboard. I know going closed loom would make it hard to pass that ribbon through the loom because of its connector. After seeing that picture I may carefully slice the tube open and then run the cable. I have never sliced a ribbon cable or changed IDC connectors and I don't want to risk messing anything up.
I don't recall if I took any pictures of my method but I took a little tape, rolled the end of the cable so the connector was oriented vertically and taped it into shape. Then I taped a string to the end of that, and fed the whole thing through.
Christof wrote: August 22nd, 2019, 8:55 am I don't recall if I took any pictures of my method but I took a little tape, rolled the end of the cable so the connector was oriented vertically and taped it into shape. Then I taped a string to the end of that, and fed the whole thing through.
The sounds worth a shot! I would rather not cut the loom if I don't have to. I do kinda dig the screen acurate look of Egon's pack with the split loom and the electrical tape but I don't think anyone is really using split anymore on their packs lol.
Thanks for the advice!
Christof wrote: August 22nd, 2019, 8:55 am I don't recall if I took any pictures of my method but I took a little tape, rolled the end of the cable so the connector was oriented vertically and taped it into shape. Then I taped a string to the end of that, and fed the whole thing through.
I did exactly what you said and it was QUICK and easy and pain free!
Christof liked this

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]