Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By Alphagaia
philmorgan81 wrote: August 22nd, 2019, 6:37 pm
groschopf wrote:Finn Wolfhard, despite what people think because of Stranger Things, is 16 years old. It's plausible that his character would have a drivers permit. For context, Marty McFly was supposedly 17 when the events of Back the the Future took place.

It's equally plausible that blasting around a cult town in an Ectomobile -- without a drivers license -- is the conflict needed to introduce antagonists.
Not to mention possibly getting the attention of OG Protagonists. ;)

:):):)
You got our tools, you got our talent.
By deadderek
Can't wait for some official pics to surface. Was told "soon" but hell that could've meant a month from now.
By deadderek
From Finn's Instagram Story:

Zissou Society membership ring, from the Wes Anderson film, "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou"

Now where did he get that? Say wasn't someone we know in that flick?

Davideverona, robbritton, Kingpin and 1 others liked this
By deadderek
robbritton wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 3:11 am Angelica Huston confirmed!
I would totally be down with that.
robbritton liked this
By lozbloke
My two cents theory at this stage, is that the family are Shandor related which provides their link to the town and also to the first film. The spoiler said that they are unaware of their connection to the first film, so perhaps Coon's character was adopted etc....and doesn't know their family tree?
I don't think now that they are related to any of the OGB's.

Obviously, Im likely to be wrong, but that's where my hunch is right now.
Last edited by lozbloke on August 23rd, 2019, 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
groschopf, Sav C liked this
By groschopf
lozbloke wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 5:46 am My two cents theory at this stage, is that the family are Shandor related which provides their link to the town and also to the first film.
Right there with you. It would explain the look of the house, the doomsday mentality and the knowledge of what was coming.

Also, what's the likelihood that a Ghostbuster would have a home in Oklahoma, let alone right near this particular beehive?

Ray mentioned Camp Wauconda in the first film. There's a few different interpretations of where that is, but I think the mostly likely location is the same Camp Waucounda I knew as a kid -- just northwest of Chicago in Waucounda, IL.

Of course, I'm biased. I saw the first film when it opened in Waukegan, IL and remember the crowd reacting to that line.
lozbloke liked this
By timeware
groschopf wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 5:50 am
lozbloke wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 5:46 am My two cents theory at this stage, is that the family are Shandor related which provides their link to the town and also to the first film.
Right there with you. It would explain the look of the house, the doomsday mentality and the knowledge of what was coming.

Also, what's the likelihood that a Ghostbuster would have a home in Oklahoma, let alone right near this particular beehive?

Ray mentioned Camp Wauconda in the first film. There's a few different interpretations of where that is, but I think the mostly likely location is the same Camp Waucounda I knew as a kid -- just northwest of Chicago in Waucounda, IL.

Of course, I'm biased. I saw the first film when it opened in Waukegan, IL and remember the crowd reacting to that line.
I don't know why it took me so long to realize that Camp Wakanda was in Africa. Is this what T'chala meant by opening up to the rest of the world?
groschopf wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 5:50 am Right there with you. It would explain the look of the house, the doomsday mentality and the knowledge of what was coming.
Wait, are we speculating Carrie Coon and family live in that house? That "first day" pic of the family looks like a regular suburban neighborhood to me.
By lozbloke
droidguy1119 wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 11:33 am
groschopf wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 5:50 am Right there with you. It would explain the look of the house, the doomsday mentality and the knowledge of what was coming.
Wait, are we speculating Carrie Coon and family live in that house? That "first day" pic of the family looks like a regular suburban neighborhood to me.
I don't think that is their house but I do think they are related to Shandor somehow
By groschopf
timeware wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 11:17 am I don't know why it took me so long to realize that Camp Wakanda was in Africa. Is this what T'chala meant by opening up to the rest of the world?
It is. There's a deleted scene from Black Panther of a young Dan Aykroyd fighting shirtless on a waterfall at summer camp.
timeware, deadderek, Sav C liked this
By timeware
Being a movie about Ghosts it wouldn't surprise me if that house itself is haunted. Even possibly having been built by Shandor himself. Maybe the caretaker is some religious nut that kicks the bucket Carrie inherits the place.
deadderek liked this
By deadderek
RedSpecial wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 12:07 pm It would certainly tick the box of the family being related to the events of the original movie if they were descendants of shandor.

I like that better than them being related to one of the main characters, anyway.

Just going off the hair styles and glasses I have my doubts they're related to Shandor.
By Coover5
droidguy1119 wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 11:33 am
I would say they are probably in a regular neighborhood. But playing devil's advocate homes are often converted to businesses in small towns. So they could be in a neighborhood or they could be on a street of businesses.
deadderek wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 12:16 pmJust going off the hair styles and glasses I have my doubts they're related to Shandor.
I'm sticking to my reasoning that if they don't know their connection to the 1984 film, it can't be familial I'm terms of the returning Ghostbusters cast. Egon especially is too easy.

One thing that occurred to me along these lines that I'd be more inclined to speculate is: maybe Mckenna's character found Egon's glasses... perhaps at a place he disappeared?
Sav C wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 10:18 pm
groschopf wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 9:19 pm Meanwhile, in Canada...
This Post Contains Spoilers
Ghostbusting in the badlands...
Are they driving to get here?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1hSh9GgrAi ... w5910ji0ib

Also

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1iGKy5gjOQ ... tox5n2aa5w

That's an awful lot of antennae for an old house like that!
Davideverona wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 11:29 pm
Sav C wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 10:18 pm

Ghostbusting in the badlands...
Are they driving to get here?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1hSh9GgrAi ... w5910ji0ib

Also

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1iGKy5gjOQ ... tox5n2aa5w

That's an awful lot of antennae for an old house like that!
I was thinking the same thing! The antenna have to mean something
By Alphagaia
timeware wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 11:43 am Being a movie about Ghosts it wouldn't surprise me if that house itself is haunted. Even possibly having been built by Shandor himself. Maybe the caretaker is some religious nut that kicks the bucket Carrie inherits the place.
From what we have seen, it makes narrative sense to me the house is owned by Ray and holds an ecto container, which is why he earns people to stay away, plus the ecto-1.

The kids take a look on a dare, accidentally release a ghost and decide to try and capture it to hide their mistake, which escalates in the chase.

Could be totally wrong ofcourse, as it feels like the easy way out, and it might be a haunted house.
philmorgan81 liked this

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]