Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Wiggyof9
It took me a long time to notice Egon putting up his fingers when Peter was listing prices. As a kid i watched it on VHS and TV which was all 4:3 format and Egon was cut off. Now its one of my favorite parts.
NSGhostbusters liked this
By One time
According to the Ghostbusters novelisation, Venkman was born in a circus tent at King City Attractions in Sedalia, Missouri.
By Coover5
I didn't realize the Ecto-1a is missing a ladder. And even though this isn't the RGB section I'll share this: I never realize how much Ray Stantz changed from shot to shot in the cartoon. All the characters are at the mercy of the people that draw them so they change but it seems especially bad for Ray.
By Troy
After years, and years, and years watching these films - this weekend I just happened to see in Ghostbusters II that, amid Janosz's crazy candle alter around Vigo, underneath a whole shelf of burning candles is a large sign that says, "Highly Flammable, Keep Fire Away." How I've always missed that? No idea.
By mrmichaelt
After years, and years, and years watching these films - this weekend I just happened to see in Ghostbusters II that, amid Janosz's crazy candle alter around Vigo, underneath a whole shelf of burning candles is a large sign that says, "Highly Flammable, Keep Fire Away." How I've always missed that? No idea.
There's a thread for GB2.
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24873
By HandSolo
He moved to LA to get away from the ghosts, then got involved with german terrorists and finally moved to Chicago to settle down with his family.
By Nesslyquick
Took me a while to notice, when Dana is in the kitchen, when the eggs cook themselves, the bag of Stay Puft Marshmallows sitting right there.

Same thing with Louis, er Vinz, when Peck is pointing, Vinz is mimicing him.
That bag of Stay Puft is now for sale at auction! They look like little marshmallow turds now, but I just thought you'd care to know if you're still around!
By JWils23
Supporting Member
One of the subtle things that I just saw recently and it absolutely cracked me up was the faces Murray and Ramis are making while they’re walking through the Sedgwick. Just the little looks and smirks they’re giving each other, especially when Ray says “we handle this kind of thing all the time” was killing me. It’s the same kind of things I’d do with my friends when one of us is clearly bullshitting someone!
By Glow in the Dark
In GB1, after the storage containment unit is shut off, Winston and Ray arrive. Ray gets out of the car and his suit looks dry except for a few spots. Then a few cuts later it's a lot wetter for some reason.
By Kingpin
In GB1, after the storage containment unit is shut off, Winston and Ray arrive. Ray gets out of the car and his suit looks dry except for a few spots. Then a few cuts later it's a lot wetter for some reason.
Ectoplasm raining down from the roof (although initially I thought it was from water being sprayed by the FDNY firefighters into the Firehouse).
By d_osborn
Ectoplasm raining down from the roof (although initially I thought it was from water being sprayed by the FDNY firefighters into the Firehouse).
It was water on the set! :love:
By Glow in the Dark
As they're entering city hall there's a sign that says

Furnishing The Streets: 1902-19..
September 22 - November,1983

Does the movie take place in 1983 or did they leave the sign up for a year?
By Kingpin
It's implied the events occur in 1984. The mock covers for Omni, USA Today, and the The Atlantic (if not the rest) all have 1984 datestamps. The banner on the exterior of City Hall was likely part of a city commemoration at the time, and thus out of control of the director's hands when they filmed the exterior shots in 1983.
By Fritz
As they're entering city hall there's a sign that says

Furnishing The Streets: 1902-19..
September 22 - November,1983

Does the movie take place in 1983 or did they leave the sign up for a year?
The real answer: as Ben said, that scene was (likely) filmed in 1983, or close enough that the banner hadn't been taken down yet. If that happened nowadays they'd probably have used CGI to remove or change the dates.

But some of us like to think the events happened in 1983 at least in some universes :roll:
BRD 527 liked this

Heading down to the IMAX to check this out today! […]

In a way, I'm also sad. It was fun to jump[…]

3D printed Proton Pack project

Those prints are looking nice and clean! Keep it u[…]

Ecto Goggles Build

I am super stoked that the community is enjoying t[…]