Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By Corey91
He told me the entire plot and claims to have stopped working on it in July 2018. Sounds strange because, if I recall correctly, Jason gave his pitch to Sony in November /December.

Would you mind PMing me what he told you? Even if it is blatantly wrong - i am still so super curious! Thanks so much!! :)

Good catch though on those dates. Before facebook wouldn't let me back in, I did notice he is in the UK... unless he was in LA for some work reason, why would he be in a Sony writers workshop - none of it really adds up but I would still love to hear what he has to say about what he read.
By groschopf
Something tells me this movie is attracting a lot of people that claimed to have rocket ships in the back yards as kids. They're able to exploit the secrecy around production. I'm sure Sony is pressing down hard on the lid after the hack a couple of years back, so it gives these guys some plausible cover.

Maybe some of it is legit, but I've noticed that the people I put questions to -- the Summerville Ghostbusters account and now our screenwriter friend in the spoiler group -- never really answer questions, if at all.

In the meantime, keep asking questions (and cross-examining)... but odds are pretty good the studio has got everything not being filmed in a public space locked down tight with NDAs.

I say that as someone that wants this stuff to be true and can be lead astray by motivated reasoning just as well as anyone else.
RedSpecial, Sav C, Kingpin and 1 others liked this
By Dr.D
Given the descriptions that Jason gave about the events that led up to the greenlighting of the film, it doesn't sound like Sony was reaching out to other writers. Besides, anyone who was would have 100% had to sign an NDA and there is no chance in hell they'd just be sharing plot info on the internet.

Guy is full of it.
Davideverona, Kingpin liked this
Dr.D wrote: August 28th, 2019, 11:14 am Given the descriptions that Jason gave about the events that led up to the greenlighting of the film, it doesn't sound like Sony was reaching out to other writers. Besides, anyone who was would have 100% had to sign an NDA and there is no chance in hell they'd just be sharing plot info on the internet.

Guy is full of it.
He's making up plot points based on the pics that leaked on the web
This Post Contains Spoilers
By JonXCTrack
I joined the Spoilers Group on Facebook. I messaged the guy that claims he has read parts of the script. This is what he said:

Me: I am curious what you know about the new Ghostbusters movie.

Him: I know a lot about a script from a year ago. Not the current shooting script but there seems to be a lot of elements that have remained by the looks of the pic leaks.

Me: Care to elaborate?

No response.

In short, this guy is full of crap.
Kingpin liked this
By JonXCTrack
I just received the following (This is a complete cut and paste, typos and all):

An old Sumerian gateway is uncovered by a mining company. The three workers who uncover it are possessed with energy which leaks out of a crack in the gateway. This energy inverts a persons frequency.
Scientists who work in vibrational frequencies of earth come to the town to investigate the iverted energy surge that came from the town. Meanwhile the possessed workers begin possessing other people turning other people frequencies to that of their own.
At the same time a woman moves back to the town she grew up in only this time she has two kids. She moves into a house that belonged to her father. She rummages around to find all sorts of electrical equipment including blast guns (GB PACKS) and paper clippings of a group of scientists that saved the world. As she is looking her young daughter is watching from the distance. The daughter sneaks in after her mother and plays with the equipment. She is comfortable with the technology showing great understanding. She turns on a device called FRED at the same time that the gateways energy surge from the mine hits the house. She hears a message telling her that he is ok and that she must tell mom. She doesn't hear as the energy blast scares her off, as she runs she knock the device to the floor breaking it.
The girl shows her brother what she found and her brother begins telling her the story of how their grandfather was into weird stuff and that their mother didn't want them to get involved as it was dangerous.
People of the town begin to act strangely. The family not knowing any different just assume the town is quirky.
The kids are playing around in the basement when they get attacked by a possessed person. The older brother fights the attacker off. Meanwhile at a bus/trainstation a lot more of the possessed people are attacking cummuters the number of possessed people is growing quickly.
The kids mother comes home early after the police shut down a part of the town were she works. At home she realises that the kids have found out about their grandfathers stuff. She isn't happy about it.
The two kids go to a friends house to try and fix the FRED. When they do they get attacked again, this is when they realise what the device does. It picks up frequencies. They use the device to detect who is possessed and who isn't. When they get home the house is inverted and the mother is missing. The two kids decide to go to the police but on the way they get attacked again. They get saved by some friends from school and an adult. They all use the Fred device and the kids explain who they are and the adult realises that they are related to the famous scientists who saved the world. They go back to the barn and come up with a plan to make the equipment reverse the frequencies that have possessed the people.
Thre three minors that originally got possessed are attacking people at the same time the kids go to the adults house to test the equipment on his wife who is bound to a chair. They deliberate but eventually fire the weapon at her and it normalises her frequency and she is fine again. A the same time the energy that was possessing her races back to the original 3 people who moan knowing that something is wrong. One of them mutters. Its them.
The possessions now go into aggressive mode. More and more people. The kids decide to get another pack but it has to be mobile. They try to attatch it to their mothers car but its to heavy. They use an older more sturdy car that used to belong to their grandfather. They make some adjustments with the help of the adult and hit the streets. But when they do they realise that the sky is red and the grass is dying and the whole area is inverted and becoming past of another dimension.
A fight with the three possessed minors and the kids in the car causes a lot of damage. The police see the kids and the adult and arrest them believeing them to be the problem of whats going on.
The secret service come to investigate what has been happening as the scientist that reported their findings are missing. A friend of the kids mother gets thrown in the cell with them, the person tells them that their mother is walking to the mine. This is when the police station is attacked. Everyone gets possessed except the sherriff who releases them because he believes that they are telling the truth.
Energies and entities are now roaming all over the town, all heading towards the mine. The kids get back the car and equipment and head towards the mine to get their mother. When they get there the gateway is now totally uncovered as the possessed people heve been digging it out by hand as is controlled by something.
They relaise that two worlds are merging together and this is allowing the gateway to open up and release whatever is on the otherside into this dimension.
A large sloar emerges from the gateway. They use all six weapons to neutralise the massive beats but it does nothing. They decide to set each pack at a different frequency to try and tear the beast apart.
They all shoot the beast but the packs all malfunction and throw back the blast to each pack sending each of the wearers to the dimension that their frequency was set at.
They all then reappear back to the mine but somehow two weeks have passed but for them it was a few seconds.
They get the keys to the town and get approval from the secret service for a grant. They discuss what happened and they ralise that they all witnessed another dimension when separating the Sloar.
By groschopf
Thank you for sharing what he wrote. I genuinely appreciate the effort you went to verify his claims.
That said... I'm taking issue with what he wrote, not anything you've articulated.

Man, I got a couple of paragraphs into that and had to stop.
This just felt so... made up.

What the hell are "cummuters"?

Last edited by groschopf on August 28th, 2019, 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kingpin, Sav C liked this
By groschopf
A couple more Drumheller photos have turned up on Instagram:
This Post Contains Spoilers
Last edited by groschopf on August 28th, 2019, 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corey91, Sav C liked this
By Corey91
Thank you so much for relaying what he sent you!

Pretty sure he meant commuters... for a "writer" he sure does have very bad spelling and grammar errors...

Still doesn't really add up. A very low profile UK writer would be in a workshop for a hollywood movie that wasn't even greenlit yet at the time?

Also he said he only read part of a version yet he pretty much just outlined almost the whole film?

Sumerian gateway in....the US? How does that make sense?

The only stuff that does make sense is the mothers friend who also helps with their school friends - could be Paul Rudds teacher character. Also how the towns people start acting weird does fall in line with this: https://thegww.com/%e2%80%aaexclusive-r ... %e2%80%ac/
“old woman who works at a carhop. She’s dry and funny in a way that makes her seem ambivalent to the customers.”
groschopf liked this
By JonXCTrack
Corey91 wrote:Thank you so much for relaying what he sent you!
No problem. After my PM showed that he had seen my question to him, and I didn't receive a response for a while, I told him he was full of crap. That prompted him to defend himself with this long response of various plot points. I don't see how anyone that is a serious writer could have written something that contained that many spelling and typographical errors. I also don't see why anyone from Hollywood would reach out to an unknown writer in the UK for feedback.

Frankly, this post from Reddit, which predates most of the behind the scenes photos that emerged on the internet, seems more probable:

The Ghostbusters have gone nationwide, and they've successfully become a government sanctioned public service (like in the video game), so they've branched off to different cities. Think of the Ghostbusters as Orkin pest control, and Winston is the CEO. Egon has been presumed dead for a few years because of a botched experiment. Ray has been ousted as he was involved with the experiment that killed their brightest mind, and the shareholders were pissed about it. Venkman has his own talk show (but still a member of the board).

Meanwhile, McKenna Grace, Finn Wolfhard, and Carrie Coon's characters move to a piece of property that was owned by Egon after Coon's character's divorce. It is revealed that they are Egon's daughter and grandchildren. They poke around the property and find a rusted out Ecto-1, some old, rusted proton packs and ghost traps. The PKE meter still works. The teacher at the local Middle School (Paul Rudd) is a science geek and McKenna Grace brings the PKE meter in for show and tell. The device goes haywire when she fires it up. Nobody really believes that there is a problem. After all the device is really old. Grace believes something troubling is afoot.

Janine, who is now the VP of Ghostbusters, brings a binder full of troubling reports from all the franchises across the country to Winston attention. The containment units are reaching maximum capacity, and the band-aid of building bigger ones is becoming too costly, and requiring too much power to maintain. They have to reconcile with Ray to help them. Ray recalls this problem being of concern back when the Ghostbusters first started out and briefly addressed just before their battle with Gozer. He tells Janine that Egon was on the verge of solving this problem before the accident and his disappearance.

Ray visits Egon's countryside property to see if he can find Egon's notes. Grace and Wolfhard tell him about the PKE meter. They go through the old tech,etc. and find the notes. Egon was working on opening a portal to the ghost dimension. This was Egon's solution to emptying out the containment units (as seen in the RGB series) and having a more permanent solution to disposing of ghosts. Rudd catches wind of Ray being in town and makes a visit to the Spengler home. They work together to discover that Egon had mostly figured out how to open up a portal by utilizing the technology from the temple on the Shandor building from GB1. Since the original temple was blown up, Egon had to do some research taking him to a sleepy town in Oklahoma where Shandor's followers used to mine for materials to construct the original temple. Egon was successful in constructing his own portal, but managed to get pulled into it. This portal was not fully closed and has been slowly opening back up.

Later that night, weird stuff starts happening around the farm. Ray, not having any gear with him, runs out to the barn and starts tinkering with an old proton pack. He eventually gets it fired up, only to realize that the paranormal activity is Egon's ghost haunting the place, trying to issue them a warning that something big is coming their way and gives Ray, Grace and Wolfhard some cryptic message about how to complete his work.

Weird things start to happen across the town. The Ecto-1 and the equipment is modified so that it is easier for them to chase down smaller ghosts. This is a prelude to something bigger arriving. Ray and Winston manage to round up Venkman to assist them against the "big bad." Dana comes along for the ride because "Why should the boys have all of the fun?" Rudd, and Coons' characters join in as well. As they final battle ensues, McKenna Grace's character finally figures out what Egon was trying to tell them. She and Wolfhard's character do something to officially close the portal.
2GunsRacing liked this
By Corey91
Wow that sounds f****g awesome! And waaaay better than facebook guys "version". I must have missed that post on reddit - did the poster say he got that from somewhere or is that just his idea?

If that did come out before any leaked set photos, that is eerily too close of a coincidence to what has been leaked...
2GunsRacing liked this
Corey91 wrote: August 28th, 2019, 12:23 pm Thank you so much for relaying what he sent you!

Pretty sure he meant commuters... for a "writer" he sure does have very bad spelling and grammar errors...

Still doesn't really add up. A very low profile UK writer would be in a workshop for a hollywood movie that wasn't even greenlit yet at the time?

Also he said he only read part of a version yet he pretty much just outlined almost the whole film?

Sumerian gateway in....the US? How does that make sense?

The only stuff that does make sense is the mothers friend who also helps with their school friends - could be Paul Rudds teacher character. Also how the towns people start acting weird does fall in line with this: https://thegww.com/%e2%80%aaexclusive-r ... %e2%80%ac/
“old woman who works at a carhop. She’s dry and funny in a way that makes her seem ambivalent to the customers.”
well in the cartoon there was a doomsday door that had Sumerian writing on it. So in the GB universe its possible
how many of you guys think the big public announcement of the original cast being involved will be in the 35th anniv. theater release where there is a "special intro" planned. I am almost betting that it will be the first intended public statement that the boys in grey are ready to dance with some pesky poltergeist?
Corey91, deadderek liked this
By Corey91
I still don't see how Coon could be Egons kid, she'd have been 5 or 6 when GB1 happened at minimum.

The same reddit user who posted that plot idea also posted this in another thread...

After the Ghostbusters' business was shuttered in the mid to late 1980s, everyone went their separate ways for a while. Egon went back to doing research and conducting experiments. To make ends meet, he made a donation to a sperm bank. He had a daughter (Coons) that he didn't know about until she tracked him down years later. He left a piece of country side property to her in his will. She moves there with her two kids (Grace and Wolfard) after she gets a divorce.

Definitely don't like that idea as much but everything is just that, ideas, until we actually see some footage
Corey91 wrote:
I still don't see how Coon could be Egons kid, she'd have been 5 or 6 when GB1 happened at minimum.

The same reddit user who posted that plot idea also posted this in another thread...

After the Ghostbusters' business was shuttered in the mid to late 1980s, everyone went their separate ways for a while. Egon went back to doing research and conducting experiments. To make ends meet, he made a donation to a sperm bank. He had a daughter (Coons) that he didn't know about until she tracked him down years later. He left a piece of country side property to her in his will. She moves there with her two kids (Grace and Wolfard) after she gets a divorce.

Definitely don't like that idea as much but everything is just that, ideas, until we actually see some footage
We're assuming GB3 takes place in 2019, but if it takes place in 2023 or something like that, then the math works out.

Let's assume the Ghostbusters disbanded in 1987. If Egon donates to a sperm bank in 1987, and Coons is born in 1988, that would put her at 35 years old in 2023. If Wolfhard is 16 in the movie (old enough to drive in Oklahoma), then that would mean she had him when she was 19. A little on the young side, but not unheard of. If Coons' had half of the intelligence that Egon had, that would probably make her mature beyond her years, making it more believable in my opinion.
Corey91 wrote:
They don't need to play Janine like that.

What do you mean? Secretary to Vice President of a corporation? Sounds like a wonderful arc to me!
I think he means that he wanted Janine and Egon to have a kid together.

He's right about the police car's tag saying JUL 2020 on it. Maybe the reddit poster meant that Egon donated to a sperm bank before they became Ghostbusters when they were just struggling scientists at Columbia University? Or maybe the Ghostbusters closed up in '85?
By Corey91
To go back to the reddit users prediction: that was from a month ago before any set pictures and if you look closely at the barn pictures, you can see that the roof has caved in...due to a botched experiment? Definitely weirder coincidences than the facebook groups UK writer... Also strange that the reddit users post was their first and that they made an account to post that.
By Corey91
I think he means that he wanted Janine and Egon to have a kid together.
Ah, that makes more sense. Well after GB II, I hope they don't make Janine and Egon a thing since she literally was all over Louis..which they never really explained that jump. I know she was back with Egon in the cartoons, right?

I'm hoping she is still with Louis and that will bring way for a nice return cameo from Rick Moranis!
I really like that plot run down. I feel like in a movie called Ghostbusters, to NOT have Egon's ghost would be a disservice. Besides, i'm sure Harold would be the one laughing hardest at that idea.

Although, I can't really see a scenario where Egon Spengler had to resort to donating sperm to make the rent. Seems more like a Venkman thing to do, don'tcha think?

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]