During this project I learned I know flip all about buying screws and fittings, but after numerous headaches I managed to get my Spirit pack mounted to an ALICE frame.

I have a great deal more to do but this will have to do for Halloween and a convention this weekend, at the least the pack looks better. I plan to give the motherboard a black coat of paint at a later time.

At least it feels secure.
Looking good!

I really like mounting it to an ALICE frame, if only to give it a bit more dimension and presence. If there is one thing that I think the SH proton packs really suffer from, it's the way they not only scaled it down from the full-size, but scaled down most of the parts that contribute to the backwards-facing dimensions.

I'm wearing my basic mod SH Proton Pack today and I don't have it on an ALICE frame and it looks seriously squashed to me. Most people don't even think twice about it, or even realize it's smaller than the proton packs in the movies, but it sure bugs me.

Great work!
TragicManner wrote: October 31st, 2018, 1:55 pm Looking good!

I really like mounting it to an ALICE frame, if only to give it a bit more dimension and presence. If there is one thing that I think the SH proton packs really suffer from, it's the way they not only scaled it down from the full-size, but scaled down most of the parts that contribute to the backwards-facing dimensions.

I'm wearing my basic mod SH Proton Pack today and I don't have it on an ALICE frame and it looks seriously squashed to me. Most people don't even think twice about it, or even realize it's smaller than the proton packs in the movies, but it sure bugs me.

Great work!
Plus the straps from the first release of the packs just suck after wearing them for so long.

My next project I think will be some electronics work, as well as a hook to attach My Matty wand to the pack.
TragicManner wrote: October 31st, 2018, 4:24 pm Awesome, can't wait to see. I just finished some of the mods from CountDeMonet's cheap lighting tutorial. Highly recommended. I also added my own audio using a YX5300 board.
I do have an Arduino starter kit that I got for Christmas for, maybe, on the other hand I have some GBF pack lights I bought before the Spirit pack was released so I may end up using those and that Matty adapter available on Ebay.

I considered going ahead and installing them and the sound board I intended to use so I could have lights but we'll see
djmarz78 wrote: September 10th, 2019, 6:10 pm sorryi know its an old post but can op or someone tell me what screws and spacers where used to attached the frame?
The spacers are simply coupler nuts I picked up at an Ace hardware not far from my house. The bolts I kind of just found in my chest and turned out they worked after trying different size couplers until I got a good fit, sorry I don't know the exact size.

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]