Same manufacturer/brand, same model, as close as unchanged as possible.

I am pretty sure I will build a kit next year or so, so I figure I might as well pick and buy the occasional parts now that will be rarities in the future, and are authentic.
Last edited by Glow in the Dark on September 11th, 2019, 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Clippard valves
  • Spectra ribbon cable
  • Toggle and momentary switches
Some other parts are still available (Legris straight fittings) from vendors but aren't manufactured anymore. My suggestion is if you see something available, just grab a set to be safe. If you end up not using it, there's always a market for authentic parts in this hobby.
The milky white/semi-transparent orange hat lights are now super-rare, and when they surface, they'll come with the sort of pricetag rare, recognisable parts usually get marked up with.

The Legris elbows are probably the rarest part to get hold of, they were pretty rare back when I first joined the community in 2001/2002. Even if you do find them in the correct size, the version used on the Packs seem to have a material flaw that eventually leads to the plastic in them splitting.

The next rarest pieces are the Nycoil Banjos, as used on the Proton Gun and the Ghost Trap. I don't believe I've ever come across a genuine pair myself.

For years, a GB1-style ribbon cable was near-impossible to get as the screen-used cable was never identified. Fortunately excellent replicas are available now, but it never hurts to get one now if you're after one, rather than waiting later.

I think we're now starting to see genuine Clippard valves become scarcer, so it's worth snapping a pair up now if you don't already have them.

You'll want to check the marketplace to see who might be offering up sound kits. It'd also be worth looking into amplifiers, and speaker assemblies, if a speaker isn't included as part of the sound kit. Something else you may wish to look into is upgrading the power supply, a popular option is the blue brick.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

I kind of think I want the GB2 ribbon cable, how do I know I'm buying exactly the same part, with the flat section and all? Does this one look legit

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ghostbusters-2 ... SwimZbdgJu
Kingpin wrote: September 11th, 2019, 10:16 am The milky white/semi-transparent orange hat lights are now super-rare, and when they surface, they'll come with the sort of pricetag rare, recognisable parts usually get marked up with.

The Legris elbows are probably the rarest part to get hold of, they were pretty rare back when I first joined the community in 2001/2002. Even if you do find them in the correct size, the version used on the Packs seem to have a material flaw that eventually leads to the plastic in them splitting.

The next rarest pieces are the clippard straights, as used on the Proton Gun and the Ghost Trap. I don't believe I've ever come across a genuine pair myself.
I would say that the hardest part to find is the GB1 cable as we still don't know where they originate from. I would also argue that the GB1 accurate Legris elbows are the hardest known parts to find versus the Legris straights or even the Nycoil banjos. One could further the debate saying that its harder to obtain a real bellow over any of the real parts. As far as the hatlights go, they're out there as long as you know what type of equipment they come off of. Also, some could say that nobody has the Wamco bargraphs, but in fact they aren't rare at all. There is a huge surplus of them sitting in part warehouses, but since they're a mil-spec part (and designed specifically for aerospace applications) they're just very expensive. I would even go as far to say that the accurate black teardrop knobs on the ghost traps are harder to find then the Legris straights or Nycoil banjos.
Glow in the Dark wrote: September 11th, 2019, 8:26 pm I kind of think I want the GB2 ribbon cable, how do I know I'm buying exactly the same part, with the flat section and all? Does this one look legit?
You want the 1986-vintage ribbon cable that has a matte finish (with light blue ‘Spectra Strip’ stamping every few feet); newer versions of that cable will have a glossier finish.
Glow in the Dark liked this
    Ecto Containment Unit

First off awesome work!!! second of all where did […]

https://i.imgur.com/cMwtW9y.jpg Where do th[…]

Greetings from Montana

Hey and welcome

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]