Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By RichardLess
Coover5 wrote: September 15th, 2019, 7:08 am QUESTION FOR EVERYONE

Proton packs and ghost traps are essential for catching a ghost. Which nonessential or lesser essential piece of tech would you like to see return in GB3? I would love a return of the giga meter.
Winston Zeddemore.

Oh. You said "tech". In that case the yellow flight suit hose. Or what I've always assumed is a hose used for getting rid of a pilots urine in flight. Why the Ghostbusters need it, I'll never know. As a kid I assumed it was incase they got so scared they peed themselves. And as an adult...I think pretty much the same thing.
By RichardLess
Alphagaia wrote: September 14th, 2019, 11:52 pm
mrmichaelt wrote: September 14th, 2019, 8:29 pm Paul Rudd portrays the 2nd Ant-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies. Mark Ruffalo portrays Bruce Banner/Hulk. Ruffalo is an outspoken voice against frakking. Now that that is explained, what loosely passed as a joke is no longer a joke. ;)
Thx for trying. I still don't get it as I don't know what frakking is. Had to Google it, doesn't help that it's also a name in Dutch. But it had something to do with replacing oil with water.
And I still don't get why it's controversial and what it had to do with any of this. So confused!
Frakking

It's also how people from south Boston pronounce "freaking". It's also how people from south Boston also pronounce "antidisestablishmentarianism". Go figure.
By groschopf
Not for nothing, I really want to see Dan's performance paired with with a Booker T and the MGs tune at some point in the film. The organ is appropriate, the wild west theme is on the mark, and the band is a great homage to his role in the Blues Brothers.

Hang 'Em high or Run Tank Run. Either would be great to see the soul man go to battle with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkBO0-su9kA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaJozTPFMsY
By Kingpin
RichRyan1507 wrote: September 15th, 2019, 6:15 am You guys are too much. I can't imagine why on Earth anyone would thick they'd bring fracking into a GB movie. What did Ray say the building was made of? Magnesium, tungsten, and selenium. Odds are that Shandor mined one of those here.
Well, it doesn't exactly help that what I suspect is meant to be a mine elevator looks a bit more like an oil derrick on the Sheriff's seal:

And it wouldn't be a huge stretch tha a company digging for materials could open up an energy concern if they came across a supply during their excavations.

And mining for materials isn't usually known to cause earthquakes, but frakking has.

It was mostly fun spitballing. :)
By SpaceBallz
Hearing that Rudd is a seismologist has me a bit worried that the guy over on the 2020 spoilers fb page was right :/
This Post Contains Spoilers
Please god no.
By Alphagaia
Oh no. We are back on believing rumors and that the movie must suck because someone who clearly cannot write made a synopsis.

Even IF the synopsis would be true, and that's a very big if, I'd put more fate in Jason's (visual) storytelling.
Sav C, Kingpin liked this
By philmorgan81
SpaceBallz wrote: September 15th, 2019, 1:57 pm Hearing that Rudd is a seismologist has me a bit worried that the guy over on the 2020 spoilers fb page was right :/
This Post Contains Spoilers
Please god no.
I have to agree with Alphagaia, I think this one is some horrid fan fiction that makes absolutely no sense. The one that was posted on Reddit was written better, but I think that one is bogus too. :):):)
Kingpin liked this
By tylergfoster
I think we already determined that one was fake based on what the actual footage of them with the suicide door chair/pack and whatnot entailed, and how that didn't line up with the "frequency" idea. Also, Carrie Coon's age came up, I believe (I was born in 1985 and I'm turning 34 this year, and Coon's character would have to be born after at least Ghostbusters II, and then have these kids) this one doesn't seem to have a place for the original Ghostbusters in it.
By timeware
They'll have all the dates, ages worked out I'm sure. I have more faith in Jason's writing and resources. It doesn't look like he's throwing darts at sticky notes on the wall or having to deal with a pre madonna director.
By mrmichaelt
RichardLess wrote: September 15th, 2019, 11:04 am Not sure if this has been posted but...Ernie Hudson says he's currently filming the new GB film.

Check out the video. https://www.instagram.com/p/B1sR3C7ARl6 ... nlfe6dcwo2

Sorry for the repost if this has been mentioned.

Love that they have the moustache back!
Yes, it originated from August 27 on a website called Cameo where Ernie (I think was paid a small fee) to record a birthday greeting for someone, a "Mike" I believe.
By groschopf
Yeah, I took issue with the guy on the Facebook spoiler page asserting that the seismologist news verified his story. The word seismic showed up nowhere in his story, and his use of "vibration" had more to do with new age lingo than it did from the earth quaking.

I call BS. The guy is just trying to do a hot reading.
Kingpin liked this
By RichardLess
groschopf wrote: September 15th, 2019, 7:37 pm Yeah, I took issue with the guy on the Facebook spoiler page asserting that the seismologist news verified his story. The word seismic showed up nowhere in his story, and his use of "vibration" had more to do with new age lingo than it did from the earth quaking.

I call BS. The guy is just trying to do a hot reading.
What's the guys name? If you are able to ask him question, can you ask him if he still has access to this "script". Is there a draft date? Does he remember a single line of dialogue? Character names? The fact that there are no character names is what really makes his story stink.

But I gotta say, when I saw "seismic" mentioned, and remembered the "vibration" thing I got a bit nervous. I mean..If this guy is legit(he isn't. But *if*) seismology is the only science that could monitor earth vibrations, right? Also. Keep in mind, if this guy is legit, plenty of plot synopses don't read well. I remember people freaking out about Avengers Endgame spoilers that turned out real and when you read them in a bullet point synopsis, it sounded stupid. But when you see the movie, hear the dialogue, the visuals, the music, how it's presented and put together...it's 70% of it.

So don't worry. 95% chance the guy is full of it. We will know soon enough, hopefully.
SpaceBallz liked this
By SpaceBallz
Well, he did say he was one of several writers asked to write a script based off bits of the real script that were presented to them. So theres that.
By Davideverona
As I said before, his dates don't line up well.

He claims to have been working on the script on July 2018. Jason gave the first and only draft to Sony in December.
FUN FACT: his father gave Sony the last draft of Alive Again five years before, in December too. We all know how that turned out.
Sav C, groschopf liked this
By RichardLess
SpaceBallz wrote: September 15th, 2019, 10:14 pm Well, he did say he was one of several writers asked to write a script based off bits of the real script that were presented to them. So theres that.
Say what? Asked to write a script? By who? Why would...you know what? Nevermind lol. It's not worth the effort. The guy is clearly full of poo.
RichRyan1507, Corey91, SpaceBallz and 1 others liked this
By Doctor Venkman
RichardLess wrote: September 16th, 2019, 7:37 am
SpaceBallz wrote: September 15th, 2019, 10:14 pm Well, he did say he was one of several writers asked to write a script based off bits of the real script that were presented to them. So theres that.
Say what? Asked to write a script? By who? Why would...you know what? Nevermind lol. It's not worth the effort. The guy is clearly full of poo.
Given his story and then his complete lack of writing ability, there's quite literally a 0% chance that the guy is legit.

People need to stop giving him attention.
Kingpin, Alphagaia, Corey91 liked this
By groschopf
Doctor Venkman wrote: September 16th, 2019, 10:52 am
Given his story and then his complete lack of writing ability, there's quite literally a 0% chance that the guy is legit.
That sounds like something someone from the studio might say...

But seriously, the guy is retrofitting bits of news to fit the narrative he created.

If he has said "Paul Rudd plays the seismologist" before we learned as much or, hell, even revealed a character name that we could later verify, he'd have more credibility.
Kingpin, SpaceBallz liked this
By JonXCTrack
Someone on reddit had an interesting theory:

Rust City?" I think it may be literal and not just figurative. I think we will see a (possibly underground) city created by the Cult of Gozer and rusted after many years of neglect. There's been rumors of an Indiana Jones vibe to this movie. I expect more Gozer lore and a lot of history into the Cult of Gozer's early 20th century activities.

It's an interesting idea. I immediately thought of Batman: Arkham City with the abandoned city below Gotham. Something like that, but with a Gozerian vibe, would be kind of neat I think. Maybe the mining accident (hence the memorial that was leaked) was the result of the miners attempting to close or seal off the city because it was deemed too dangerous.

I'm curious how this town links to 55 Central Park West. It seems that this town mined for materials to construct the building, but that begs the question - why build a spiritual antenna in NYC when you could build one in Summerville Oklahoma?
Wafflerobot liked this
By JonXCTrack
Someone on reddit had an interesting theory:

Rust City?" I think it may be literal and not just figurative. I think we will see a (possibly underground) city created by the Cult of Gozer and rusted after many years of neglect. There's been rumors of an Indiana Jones vibe to this movie. I expect more Gozer lore and a lot of history into the Cult of Gozer's early 20th century activities.

It's an interesting idea. I immediately thought of Batman: Arkham City with the abandoned city below Gotham. Something like that, but with a Gozerian vibe, would be kind of neat I think. Maybe the mining accident (hence the memorial that was leaked) was the result of the miners attempting to close or seal off the city because it was deemed too dangerous.

I'm curious how this town links to 55 Central Park West. It seems that this town mined for materials to construct the building, but that begs the question - why build a spiritual antenna in NYC when you could build one in Summerville Oklahoma?
signeddiamond liked this
By JonXCTrack
Corey91 wrote:
There's been rumors of an Indiana Jones vibe to this movie.

There has? Where did this come from??
I don't know that anyone has used that exact phrase that is tied to the filming of the movie, but Jason Reitman said at fan fest that Ghostbusters 2020 is very much an "archaeological" film.
By mrmichaelt
JonXCTrack wrote: September 16th, 2019, 12:15 pm Someone on reddit had an interesting theory:

Or perhaps it was deemed a failure and they shifted focus to New York City. An underground city sounds very Lovecraft. I think even one at least, The Mound maybe, dealt with an underground city/gateway in Oklahoma.

Just seen this thread add me JudgeGerry to London

Proton Props UK

I would like to apologise to everyone for the dela[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

How feasible would it be for Hasbro to release &[…]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack? I[…]