Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By Alphagaia
Could it be possible they are actually shooting at something invisible, with the occasional in camera look with the ecto goggles?

Makes sense, McKenna has glasses so she cannot use the goggles, Finn is the only one who can drive, etc.

Since it's invisible they cannot proof there was actually a ghost there instead of them joy riding.
By RichardLess
Kids as Ghostbusters is a dumb idea.

Kids as Ghostbusters is an incredibly bad idea.

Please...Jason. Don't.

Now...part of me is like "this is all from the exact same scene". But the other part of me is like "everything we've had to go on suggests this is a "Ghostbusters Jr" movie. Or whatever.

I mean..*Nuclear* Power Packs...on children.

Ok. Maybe that does sound kind of cool.

Who here wouldn't have KILLED to be that girl riding in that seat as a kid?

Kids as Ghostbusters might work?

Kids as Ghostbusters might not be a bad idea.

Please..Jason. JUST MAKE A GOOD MOVIE.
By groschopf
Eh. Teens with nuclear backpacks isn't much different than Marty McFly driving a plutonium-powered car -- as long as you have an older mentor character to ground everything.

Besides, if they restart a franchise with actors this young, they can make films for years and years.
Glenn Frederick liked this
By Muwarrior21
The more i see of this the more i am thinking,

no..,..no........shoot..........no man!!!!!!!

30 years of waiting for this, my childhood dream of another final run and its gonna be jumanji with ghosts and crazy old dan aykroyd as the robin williams lost in the jungle guy....................guaranteed,

this is definitely going to lack the intellectual dry comedy of the first film and sort of in the second film, overall i think its a really bad plot idea and due to the geriatric level of the originals i think they have no choice unfortunately to do it this way, too little too late, l am going in with extreme low expectations at this point.

There is zero chance it has the same "flavor" as the original two even remotely.

Jumanji with ghosts boys and girls , you know it to be true, search your feelings.
By Muwarrior21
I would have been okay with a younger generation but having kids that presumably couldn't even lift a proton pack on their back be the main boys / girls in grey is highly questionable.

I could see college aged kids taking over, should have been children not grandchildren, its just too much of a jump to take seriously.
By Coover5
I know the main characters will be kids but I hope they don't act like it: no inappropriate flirting or calling names like "dickless". And please don't have them running into a situation entirely unprepared just destroying stuff. Could you even imagine that in a GB movie???
Alphagaia, BatDan liked this
By SpaceBallz
Muwarrior21 wrote: September 19th, 2019, 8:58 am I would have been okay with a younger generation but having kids that presumably couldn't even lift a proton pack on their back be the main boys / girls in grey is highly questionable.
All I see is one sitting in a chair already retrofitted with a pack and another wearing goggles. Where are these 60lb packs you speak of?

Another note: it's highly questionable that 80 year old men are running around with 60lb nuclear proton packs as well. These are stills from ONE SCENE, filming isn't over until mid to late October (and that's not including potential reshoots).

The minority complaining that we're getting a younger generation in a 40 year old franchise boggles my mind.
RichRyan1507, BatDan, Corey91 and 5 others liked this
By BatDan
Muwarrior21 wrote: September 19th, 2019, 8:45 am The more i see of this the more i am thinking,

30 years of waiting for this, my childhood dream of another final run and its gonna be jumanji with ghosts and crazy old dan aykroyd as the robin williams lost in the jungle guy....................guaranteed,

this is definitely going to lack the intellectual dry comedy of the first film and sort of in the second film, overall i think its a really bad plot idea and due to the geriatric level of the originals i think they have no choice unfortunately to do it this way, too little too late, l am going in with extreme low expectations at this point.

There is zero chance it has the same "flavor" as the original two even remotely.

Jumanji with ghosts boys and girls , you know it to be true, search your feelings.
you mean, Goosebumps with proton packs. crazy old guy + goofy kids tangled up in a hot monster pursuit.

i feel you as that's my fear too (if it were in the wrong hands).. however on the other hand that's not Jason's filmmaking style..so im not sure that's the film we're getting. he doesnt make studio trash like that, nor has a record of it. to be quite fair, this has really been the ONLY SCENE leaked, and could only be just a stand alone sequence where they do 'ghostbusting,' while it cuts back and forth to the other guys doing the 'real stuff'..via Louis in GB2.

I think the reservation some people are having is the hope of keeping the look/feel of Ghostbusters as a characterization, by that i dont mean the personalities of Venkman, etc.. what i mean is going from kooky scientists to iGen school kids is a bit of big jump as far as feel. Part of the humor is the Ghostbusters are supposed to be akin to a real-world dirty job, 'a ghost janitor/plumber/garbage man', they treat Ghostbusting like cleaning out a toilet and con people on the bill when the job's done, they're shlubs..i dont know the 'new' characters yet, but from what i seen they look very 'teen disney.'

I dont think it's the fact its 'unrealistic'..but it's surely a big jump from the old characterization. I'm sure Jason has written up something, with the Dan, Ivan, and Co, that'll make sense to us all in the end.

personally, i'l reserve full judgement until i see a trailer, i know practically nothing to really make a full judge on it.. for now i'm just observing/speculating.
RedSpecial liked this
By BatDan
RichardLess wrote: September 19th, 2019, 2:54 am Kids as Ghostbusters is a dumb idea.

Kids as Ghostbusters is an incredibly bad idea.

Please...Jason. Don't.

Now...part of me is like "this is all from the exact same scene". But the other part of me is like "everything we've had to go on suggests this is a "Ghostbusters Jr" movie. Or whatever.

I mean..*Nuclear* Power Packs...on children.

Ok. Maybe that does sound kind of cool.

Who here wouldn't have KILLED to be that girl riding in that seat as a kid?

Kids as Ghostbusters might work?

Kids as Ghostbusters might not be a bad idea.

Please..Jason. JUST MAKE A GOOD MOVIE.
you sound conflicted, Rich. so am i..so am i..
Sav C liked this
By Doctor Venkman
Muwarrior21 wrote: September 19th, 2019, 8:45 am The more i see of this the more i am thinking,

You've really been able to completely piece together a definitive view of the entire movie and the feel of it from a few pictures from basically one scene. You're amazing.
RichRyan1507, BatDan, Corey91 and 4 others liked this
By philmorgan81
LOL! There's a bit of an outcry of fear going on hear. I get it I have the same fear, but then I remember what was said at Fanfest. All of the remaining Ghostbusters along with many talent that was involved behind the scenes of the first movie have read Jason's Script. He talked about how he had this group of people as kind of a support system that made sure that he was making the right film. :)

We really only have a handful of stills to go by. I don't think this movie is going to be what we FEAR it will be. I think we will be pleasantly suprised. :):):)
Last edited by philmorgan81 on September 19th, 2019, 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
By BatDan
philmorgan81 wrote: September 19th, 2019, 11:00 am LOL! There's a bit of an outcry of fear going on hear. I get it I have the same fear, but then I remember what was said at Fanfest. All of the remaining Ghostbusters along with many talent that was involved behind the scenes of the first movie have read Jason's Script. He talked about how he had this group of people as kind of a support system that made sure that he was making the right of film. :)

We really only have a handful of stills to go by. I don't think this movie is going to be what we FEAR it will be. I think we will be pleasantly suprised. :):):)
Fear is a better sign than anger to be honest. i was ANGRY at gb16 with all the controversy, the SJW media jumping in and calling me every name in the book because i thought the film didn't look entertaining, on top of trying to discredit the original as (not being that good and needs a remake); the vibes were just so toxic and dishonest, the studio wanted a GB movie and fast, they didn't care what it looked like or what came before it, and it sparked a war. i wasn't even mad at the movie itself, just the weird shit that surrounded it.

now the dust has settled, it's peace time and with this, it has a more honest and genuine vibe to it.

look at it as the fear of a first date, things go off in your head : 'is she gonna like me?' 'i hope it goes well!" its good to go in with a little bit of hesitance and resistance, then to be surprised that everything worked out.
RichRyan1507 liked this
By deadderek
No one wanted the reboot, and everyone started bitching online about it BEFORE it was even done filming.

Ok.

Now we get a continuation of GB1 & 2, and some people are losing their minds over a VERY small set of leaked pics.

Ok.
BatDan, RichRyan1507, Alphagaia and 1 others liked this
Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]