Post pics of work in progress or to your fan art here on Ghostbusters Fans.
User avatar
By nothingtofearmusic
#4924300
I've been looking for custom cover art that I can put into a single tridisc blu ray case reminiscent of the GHOSTBUSTERS and GHOSTBUSTERS II box set that came out around 1990 when GB2 was unleashed to home video. It was a basic design. It had a somewhat small but prominently placed no ghost logo and the "o" in Ghostbusters had the 1st film's no ghost logo and the second one had the sequel logo in place of the "O". That design is and always has been perfect! I don't know how to make custom cocver art myself. I'm sure it's easy as pie if you have a ton of money but I'm 100% broke 85% of the time being unfit for the workforce as it so happens to be (the other 15% of the time I'm 85% broke). I don't know if there's a post that quenches this desire or not....I'm one of the more reserved GB fans out there....
User avatar
By Kingpin
Moderator
#4924446
That's one possibility, although given the cast photos, the Columbia logos, the no-ghost logo, there are bigger attractors of legal ramifications than the font.

And that's assuming it is a "get around the copyright" one, rather than it just being a loose approximination.

Anyway, I just felt that as you'd gone to such an effort to replicate the classic design, it was worth it to update the logo strap font in order to maintain the excellent standard you'd set. :)
By RichardLess
#4924450
That's one possibility, although given the cast photos, the Columbia logos, the no-ghost logo, there are bigger attractors of legal ramifications than the font.

And that's assuming it is a "get around the copyright" one, rather than it just being a loose approximination.

Anyway, I just felt that as you'd gone to such an effort to replicate the classic design, it was worth it to update the logo strap font in order to maintain the excellent standard you'd set. :)
Any font geeks in the house? What style font does Ghostbusters 1 & 2 utilize? I've always loved it.
User avatar
By Kingpin
Moderator
#4924495
It's a serif font, however either it was produced using a font that's never been digitised, or it was a custom job made exclusively for the film, as it's yet to be identified outside of the Ghostbusters franchise.

Though there are some places where you can get good reference for the font, which can then be translated into an element in Photoshop:

Image
Image
Image
Image

I dont think we'll be getting new uniforms nor pat[…]

Propstore GB auction won.

Proton Charging basically figured out that it's[…]

If you'll scroll down on the product page it does […]

Erik Burnham will be doing an interview on Sunday […]