Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Posted earlier today:
This Post Contains Spoilers
2GunsRacing, Coover5, Glenn Frederick and 1 others liked this
By SpaceBallz
I'm not sure if those would really be "big spoilers" as much as they are "big surprises." Its like finding chocolate chips in a big cookie. This was also at a licensing expo, and someone who was on set verified the cornfield scene- so theres some validity. I really cant wait!
Davideverona wrote: October 3rd, 2019, 11:27 pm I wonder if they'll recycle a deleted scene from GB2 and Winston knock out the kid driver
Yep, I’d say we’re definitely gonna see Ernie Hudson punch out a kid in this one. :/
By Alphagaia
Davideverona wrote: October 4th, 2019, 2:56 am Regarding the London License Expo spoiler
It also specifically mentions the location of the movie.
Davideverona liked this
Phone interview with Audoy.
https://calgaryherald.com/entertainment ... sters-2020

-He and Reitman also looked at Pennsylvania and New Mexico during location scouting
-Also filmed at the Calgary Film Centre, filling its three sound stages with scenery from "wall to wall"
-Audouy consulted John DeCuir Jr. during preproduction to get into his father's mindframe

Audoy will also be one of the speakers at the CAMP 2019 at the Taylor Centre for the Performing Arts on Oct. 7 and 8.
Davideverona wrote: October 4th, 2019, 2:56 am Regarding the London License Expo spoiler
Weird -- I recall reading two rumored rundowns of the movie on this board. One was the one where Rudd was a seismologist, and where they were changing characters' frequencies. I forget the details of the other one (although the sperm donor story is familiar), but I feel like the rundown linked in this post above on this German site is a third, new synopsis that I could maybe actually buy. Previously, I thought whatever hypothetical leaked summaries I'd read here sounded like fakes.
Muwarrior21 wrote: October 3rd, 2019, 9:59 am its a big letdown for me that the film will not be in manhattan at all! I mean we can all pretty much with confidence say there will be no street scenes etc filmed in the big apple, there is about a zero percent chance the media would have missed that.

NYC IS GHOSTBUSTERS.......PERIOD
Jason keeps mentioning this as a love letter to the original. There is no way that they don't have at least a few scenes set in NYC. Do they have to film in New York? No. Calgary has enough busy streets and sky scrapers to get that New York feel. Then when you add in stock footage of establishing shots for the skyline and potential 2nd unit work with what they can do with visual effects? Spider-Man Homecoming filmed in Atlanta and takes place in New York(queens, but still). Avengers 2012 filmed in Cleveland for its New York footage.

It's funny. The original film feels like such a New York movie. But they filmed most of it in LA. They had something like 2-3 weeks of shooting in New York.
groschopf, robbritton, SpaceBallz and 2 others liked this
I would almost guarantee that zero part of this new movie will have any kind of new york shots but thats really a bummer, there is zero percent chance venkman would have ever lived outside of NYC in the gb universe after he got his place down on bleecker or whatever haha.

really a bummer to not use the firehouse etc, was really hoping for that nostalgia overload and see the ecto come out of there one more time!
We have no idea. They had 3 huge sound stages filled from end to end according to Audouy. For all we know, they could have filmed some firehouse/NYC stuff there. Even if they didn't I'm not going to be disappointed. I'm actually extremely excited for the story to leave NYC. Reminds me of a few episodes of RGB.
deadderek, Sav C, BRD 527 and 2 others liked this
RichardLess wrote: October 4th, 2019, 6:42 am
Muwarrior21 wrote: October 3rd, 2019, 9:59 am its a big letdown for me that the film will not be in manhattan at all! I mean we can all pretty much with confidence say there will be no street scenes etc filmed in the big apple, there is about a zero percent chance the media would have missed that.

NYC IS GHOSTBUSTERS.......PERIOD
Jason keeps mentioning this as a love letter to the original. There is no way that they don't have at least a few scenes set in NYC. Do they have to film in New York? No. Calgary has enough busy streets and sky scrapers to get that New York feel. Then when you add in stock footage of establishing shots for the skyline and potential 2nd unit work with what they can do with visual effects? Spider-Man Homecoming filmed in Atlanta and takes place in New York(queens, but still). Avengers 2012 filmed in Cleveland for its New York footage.

It's funny. The original film feels like such a New York movie. But they filmed most of it in LA. They had something like 2-3 weeks of shooting in New York.
not to mention that ATC was mostly filmed in Boston, and it takes place in NYC. Downtown Calgary can EASILY pass for NYC...just need some establishing shots in NYC...which they can do on the down low i'm sure. I will be stunned if NYC isn't in this movie. They understand what NYC means to the franchise.
RichRyan1507 wrote: October 4th, 2019, 8:50 am We have no idea. They had 3 huge sound stages filled from end to end according to Audouy. For all we know, they could have filmed some firehouse/NYC stuff there. Even if they didn't I'm not going to be disappointed. I'm actually extremely excited for the story to leave NYC. Reminds me of a few episodes of RGB.
And a couple issues of the IDW comics. I'm guessing the sound stages could also be the interior of the house the family inherits and/or an extra set recreating the inside of the farmhouse for any scene requiring more technical set up.
Michael Scott wrote:Day 60. Got to be close to wrapping it up.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3NPFf4AaQh ... 2i94i0rx1s
Heh heh, I wonder if they subjected Steelberg to a slime test right after that photo was taken.
Muwarrior21 wrote: October 4th, 2019, 8:42 am I would almost guarantee that zero part of this new movie will have any kind of new york shots but thats really a bummer, there is zero percent chance venkman would have ever lived outside of NYC in the gb universe after he got his place down on bleecker or whatever haha.

really a bummer to not use the firehouse etc, was really hoping for that nostalgia overload and see the ecto come out of there one more time!
Right, my bad. I keep forgetting you're that GBfan user whose traveled to the future. How silly of me. Since you've obviously seen the movie, I gotta ask, have they used any of Timeware's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle references? Does anyone utter the phrase "cowabunga"? Is shredder the main antagonist?
GBfan_CH wrote: October 5th, 2019, 2:38 am Anyone know how long the shoot was for the original?
Combined New York (6 weeks) and LA (9 weeks), 15 weeks total. Late October to November/December 1983 in NY then November/December to February 1984 in LA. I don't recall if the total # of days was ever specified. But would in theory between 75 and 105 days.
deadderek, GBfan_CH liked this
By back
Interesting Times...
I love the fact this thing has almost busted 200 pages!
Last edited by back on October 5th, 2019, 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By back
Alphagaia wrote: October 5th, 2019, 9:14 am Is this our first look at a ghost in GB20?

https://twitter.com/SunshineFrights/sta ... 41952?s=20

Edit: not sure how legit this claim is, but here it is.
Looks like the Jackalope from Americas Funniest People ...
Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator
Of course, who knows what it may or may not look like in Post. End result is what matters.

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]