Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
timeware wrote: October 20th, 2019, 3:02 pm I remember when they all said that about atc, but I'm happy with what I've seen so far with gb 20. Droidguy did Bill press any charges when people tried to get into the band's car? Seems to me that would cause any celeb not to offer autographs and pictures. Shatner only does cons now.
Not that I know of, but he did say for probably a month after that he wasn't signing anymore. This happened in Portland and I live in Seattle (not announced when I bought Portland), and I heard from a couple of people up here that they met him, and they were the only two people there, and he said he was no longer signing.
Alphagaia wrote: October 20th, 2019, 9:12 am
RichardLess wrote: October 20th, 2019, 8:32 am

That was a joke. There was no more to it than that. It was response to Dan mentioning "Harold wrote a great script". It was the usual Dan taking no credit for himself so Bill stepped in and made light of that. That's all there is to that.

Don't add drama where there is none.
Hey, if you disagree, you disagree. That's entirely fine.
lol. Gee Thanks Alpha. Are you sure? I mean...I can disagree?

You understand that they are friends right? They are spotted together in south western Ontario every summer. Christ, there's even pictures of them together at a local pizzeria.

The "Dan does thing for money" might be a little more true now that he's essentially retired from acting. But I don't think he took roles in movies like My Girl, or Driving Miss Daisey, or even writing and directing "Nothing but Trouble" because they had "hit" written on them.

I just think you are looking into that little clip way too much. I mean, we don't know these people or their motives.

Or maybe you're right. Maybe Bill decided, "screw it I'm going to let everyone know how little I respect the co-creator of the franchise that helped me get filthy rich". Could be.
Coover5 liked this
By mrmichaelt
David, for that Italian website. The news channel is "TG5" and the company that owns it is called "Mediaset Play"?

That's cool he confirmed he's appearing. I believe the last of the original cast who has not yet confirmed to be in the movie is Potts. She just teased she might in an interview similar to when she was asked if she was in ATC.
By Davideverona
mrmichaelt wrote: October 20th, 2019, 9:28 pm David, for that Italian website. The news channel is "TG5" and the company that owns it is called "Mediaset Play"?

To be precise: TG5 is the name of the program. The channel who transmit it it's called Channel Five. Mediaset Play is the app where you can watch all the episodes of TG5.
mrmichaelt liked this
By mrmichaelt
Michael Scott wrote: October 20th, 2019, 9:34 pm Don’t forget Rick Moranis.
True but I never considered him to appear and I don't recall seeing him coming up in any articles/interviews or being interviewed about this movie.
Davideverona wrote: October 20th, 2019, 10:51 pm To be precise: TG5 is the name of the program. The channel who transmit it it's called Channel Five. Mediaset Play is the app where you can watch all the episodes of TG5.
I see. Thanks!
Davideverona liked this
droidguy1119 wrote:Not that I know of, but he did say for probably a month after that he wasn't signing anymore. This happened in Portland and I live in Seattle (not announced when I bought Portland), and I heard from a couple of people up here that they met him, and they were the only two people there, and he said he was no longer signing.
I had a feeling it was Portland. I saw him a few weeks later and he had definitely shut it down. I’ve seen a few things signed since then, but not much at all I’m afraid.
tylergfoster liked this
By back
ShiftyHenry wrote: October 21st, 2019, 6:44 am
droidguy1119 wrote:Not that I know of, but he did say for probably a month after that he wasn't signing anymore. This happened in Portland and I live in Seattle (not announced when I bought Portland), and I heard from a couple of people up here that they met him, and they were the only two people there, and he said he was no longer signing.
I had a feeling it was Portland. I saw him a few weeks later and he had definitely shut it down. I’ve seen a few things signed since then, but not much at all I’m afraid.
You mean Portland Maine ....Right? lol
DocLathropBrown wrote: October 19th, 2019, 11:05 amLet's address something outright: the new film will never be good enough.
DocLathropBrown wrote: October 19th, 2019, 11:05 amGiven that the whole damn film has been shot inside soundstages, we can't claim ANYTHING yet, so please, for the love of Harold SHUT THE **** UP WITH THE MORONIC DOOM AND GLOOM BULLSHIT.
I don't think you understand the irony of your post basically being bookended this way, and it's honestly hilarious.
Coover5 liked this
By deadderek
Doctor Venkman wrote: October 21st, 2019, 11:24 am
DocLathropBrown wrote: October 19th, 2019, 11:05 amLet's address something outright: the new film will never be good enough.
DocLathropBrown wrote: October 19th, 2019, 11:05 amGiven that the whole damn film has been shot inside soundstages, we can't claim ANYTHING yet, so please, for the love of Harold SHUT THE **** UP WITH THE MORONIC DOOM AND GLOOM BULLSHIT.
I don't think you understand the irony of your post basically being bookended this way, and it's honestly hilarious.

I think what O.P. is saying is that while it will never be good enough (as in what fans REALLY wanted which was a more direct followup to GB2), everyone should calm down and wait until we see some footage before bitching. That's perfectly understandable.
Alphagaia, groschopf liked this
deadderek wrote: October 21st, 2019, 11:55 am
Doctor Venkman wrote: October 21st, 2019, 11:24 am

I think what O.P. is saying is that while it will never be good enough (as in what fans REALLY wanted which was a more direct followup to GB2), everyone should calm down and wait until we see some footage before bitching. That's perfectly understandable.
But you can't in one breath say "it will never be good enough" and then in the next breath tell people "we don't know anything about it yet so stop [making assumptions]."

The problem is, ok... yes, it won't be the mid-90's movie that some built up in their heads, but the simple fact remains that it COULD be better than that.

You either have to have the opinion of "we don't know anything yet so don't make assumptions" or you can make assumptions. You can't do both.
Coover5 liked this
By deadderek
"It won't be what we wanted, but that doesn't mean it will be horrible guys calm down until we see something."

I don't see an issue at all.
Yeah, I said it like an ass, but that was indeed the message.

Some fans seem to be stuck into certain mindsets and whine about things not being a certain way that pleases them--never realizing that some things can never realistically live up to their fantasies and well, that irritates me. Normally I never say anything but sometimes, I'm compelled to rant against such, um... "pedantism" (I suppose you'd call it?).

The kind of fan that does this usually ends up being the fan that never shuts up about how mad/disappointed they are, and always goes out of their way to derail positive conversations against said topic. I think we could all use a lot less of that.

TL/DR: We all need some pink slime vibes.
deadderek, twmedford23, Alphagaia and 3 others liked this
I'll be honest. I seriously think that a "decades later" sequel is better than "mid nineties" sequel.

If we had gotten GB3 in 1994 it would have been a little repetitive. A little like the Police Academy sequels. Oh, look.. The boys in gray discover a supernatural problem and defeat it. With some newer gadgets.

With the passage of time the writers have plenty of room to build up the GB lives until now and develop new characters to introduce and to further the saga.
By timeware
Ha. We're already getting into the, is Next Generation better then Startrek argument. Will Rudd be better then Venkman, or is Picard the superior Captain. I still think Han shot first!
Until another trailer is out I think it's a bit unfair to make comparisons. We don't even have shots of special effects yet.
Alphagaia wrote: October 20th, 2019, 8:28 pm Well, let's say the only one looking for drama is you.

One can be friends and be critical, even if it is as mild as I put it.
The only thing I'm looking for is to make sense of how one could look at that clip & reach the conclusion you did. So I thought perhaps some context of their current relationship might help you see it another way. If you want to call that drama, then sure. Guilty as charged.
timeware wrote: October 21st, 2019, 4:04 pm Ha. We're already getting into the, is Next Generation better then Startrek argument. Will Rudd be better then Venkman, or is Picard the superior Captain. I still think Han shot first!
Until another trailer is out I think it's a bit unfair to make comparisons. We don't even have shots of special effects yet.
No one is a better Captain than Kirk. Blasphemy to suggest otherwise. I mean...no one else beat the Kobayashi Maru test.
By Kingpin
Davideverona wrote: October 21st, 2019, 2:34 pm I'll be honest. I seriously think that a "decades later" sequel is better than "mid nineties" sequel.

If we had gotten GB3 in 1994 it would have been a little repetitive. A little like the Police Academy sequels. Oh, look.. The boys in gray discover a supernatural problem and defeat it. With some newer gadgets.
We also would've had to deal with mid-90s CGI, and I wouldn't wish that on anybody.
RichardLess wrote: October 21st, 2019, 5:18 pmNo one is a better Captain than Kirk. Blasphemy to suggest otherwise. I mean...no one else beat the Kobayashi Maru test.
I'm happy to blaspheme. Picard was supreme.
Does anybody else think this is going to suck for any concrete reasons? I haven't really seen anything that makes me feel good.
They're using kids because Stranger Things has been a hit. Haven't we established that the equipment is really heavy, and that these things are genuinely dangerous?
On top of that, they've thrown out the game. The last thing Harold really had to say in the subject, and they're throwing it out. The game also gave us the foundation for the universe of the very true to spirit IDW series, which has greatly expanded the universe already, and done a f****g amazing job of it. All that while asserting they want to expand the universe.
I have little hope for this film, and I'll bet it's worse than the reboot. Hell, given that Dan and anybody with any authority on the matter has said that the game WAS in essence the 3rd film, and thus, canon, that seems like a bit of a “soft” reboot to me.
I'm just scared they're gonna keep grinding it up for a quick buck, and nothing I've seen has encouraged me to think otherwise.
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]