Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
We will probably get a trailer before the end of the year. I'm excited. You are excited. Some may be worried it shows to much, some might be worried it shows to little.

What would you like to see?

For me I would love it if we get a scene from the movie, but from the eyes of an innocent bystander. Just imagine some guy getting a burger or something and a big ghost flies by, scaring the bejezus out of him and sliming him for good measure before exiting the screen, the ecto-1 drives by, shooting at the specter, we hear shouts and screams from the GB team trying to catch him, all the familiar sounds, but also of screen, and finally Slimer flies by, taking the guys burger.

Titlecard.

What would you like to see ? The original crew? A sense of the story? A ghost or two?
deadderek, Scum, EddieSpenser and 1 others liked this
I want as LITTLE as possible of the plot to be given away. While many trailers have been getting MUCH better, remember those dog movies that came out last summer? Remember how the trailer was basically an abridged version of the movie? Yeah, THAT I don't want for this.

I'd love for there to be NO hints as to what the movie is in the beginning short of the Sony (and maybe Columbia) logo(s). Open up with the family and, this is just me, make it seem like its setting up a horror movie, have a ghost make a move, a character scream... cut to black and silence... followed by the sound of a proton pack charging, firing, and cue the theme. Flash a quick series of scenes showing off the new cast, have a joke, cut to the new title, logo, release date and have it end on a "Who you gonna call?" verse.
mrmichaelt, Alphagaia liked this
Bottom line: Give us the official title.

Content: Less is more. They kept so a tight lid for the most part during production, why show all the cards in the first trailer? I'd say present most of the new cast, like a snippet classroom scene that has the children and Rudd's character.

If done right: Trick us into thinking we're seeing a trailer for the 1984 movie at first.

Ending: End the trailer with a segment from the Ecto-1 chase we've seen being filmed and end on the the thrower being turned on. Cut to black. SFX for the stream is played.
deadderek liked this
I said it in the main 2020 thread and I'll say it here. Everything rides on the first trailer. Sony better deliver like effing crazy.
Not easy to do as you want something that will interest the general public into going to see the movie.

Based on some of the info we think we know so far.

Single mother moves family to small town because 1. Inherited house barn from distant relative or 2. to start a new life for their troubled kid(s)?

New school teacher moves to small town for some reason (dark secret hinted at).

Mining scene where they miners accidentally release something.

Strange things start to happen all over town. Locusts, walls bleeding, cats and dogs living together etc.

Regular town people ignore it, dismiss it, laugh it off.

This prompts new kids and teacher to wonder why.

Dang this is not easy. They have to create a buzz if they want the movie to do well.
GBfan_CH liked this
You remember how they did the leader for Independence Day? Where it was just the scene where Will Smith wakes up and it cuts right before the ship reveal? I’d love something like that. Something super intriguing and open ended. Or like the minis that preceded Prometheus and Covenant. (Although they all ended up better than the films, so maybe not, eh?!)
Styrofoam_Guy wrote: October 26th, 2019, 9:30 pm Not easy to do as you want something that will interest the general public into going to see the movie.

Based on some of the info we think we know so far.
I’d put money on the plot revolving around the containment unit and what happened to it after GB2 / GB:TVG. I’m going to guess they chose to move it out of New York to somewhere remote and now it’s leaking because it’s rusty.

Possibly it’s in a barn, hooked up to lots of power cells.

At least that would be my version.
EddieSpenser wrote: October 27th, 2019, 5:06 am I'd like to hear Pat Thrall and Glenn Hughes' song in the trailer.
Personally, were it not for the fact it's a lost bit of Ghostbustercana, I honestly don't think that song would attract nearly half the attention it currently gets because it's just not a memorable song, definitely not when stood against what the film ultimately received in terms of its musical signature.
robbritton, deadderek liked this
By Scum
Apologies for what might be a double post.

I have a thought that we’re going to get something along the lines of the Star Wars trailers. Probably the theme (or some version of it) lightly playing in the background. The visuals will be minimal clips of the new cast and old equipment. The killer will be Ray talking throughout, possibly explaining the current State of the Ghostbusters or perhaps the general synopsis of the movie.

I feel like this is the best way to introduce everyone to the new cast but also assure us that we’ll get some of if not all of the remaining original cast.
By Scum
Alphagaia wrote: November 7th, 2019, 2:08 pm Not sure if that's the right tone for a what's supposed to be a comedy about catching ghosts.
Have you heard the theme song?
Trailer:

- Black screen, Ray's voice over " Gonna tell you a story
About a little town I know..."

- scenes from the new family routine

- black screen, text "after 30 years, they're back"

- Ray's voice over: " They had a real big problem
With some big mean local ghost..."

- scenes with Ecto, equipment, final shot of the original Ghostbusters in full equipment.

-Peter's last line.

- gb theme, logo
Scum liked this
By Scum
Alphagaia wrote: November 7th, 2019, 2:08 pm Not sure if that's the right tone for a what's supposed to be a comedy about catching ghosts.
Wrong tone, eh? :cool:
So, we finally had our first trailer.

As you can't please everyone it got mixed reviews, lack of humorous tone and Stranger things vibe being the biggest concerns, but I feel most of here liked it.

Now, what would you like to see in the next trailer?

If you disliked it, what would get you in a theatre seat?

When do you expect the next trailer to drop?
Alphagaia wrote: December 12th, 2019, 5:37 am So, we finally had our first trailer.

As you can't please everyone it got mixed reviews, lack of humorous tone and Stranger things vibe being the biggest concerns, but I feel most of here liked it.

Now, what would you like to see in the next trailer?

If you disliked it, what would get you in a theatre seat?

When do you expect the next trailer to drop?
I don't need too much more humour but I do need more ghostbuster recognisable elements.

Next trailer having :
the ray park song
Traditional busting not just gunner seat
A headquarters of some type
The orginals in at least one trailer scene
Using the trap
A close-up so we can see one of the of the ghost designs
Public reacting to the Ghostbusters

If they can do just a few of those then shut up and take my money. If they only 1 I'd be worried. Hopefully that makes sense. And I don't even mean the whole trailer needs to be them. But including them in there would be awesome
Alphagaia liked this
Personally I think / hope all the layers you mention will be unwrapped one by one in the upcoming months.

If there is one thing we can be sure of, it's that Jason doesn't give away everything right away.

Let's wait and see.
SSJmole liked this

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]