Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By mrmichaelt
2GunsRacing wrote:Aaahhh it wasnt his child!? If they got back together it would be a step child..

The misinformation john and jane q public are fed needs to stop.
Yeah, seems like they're going off something Ivan said in the July 2016 Rolling Stone issue that Oscar is probably Peter's son -- a reversal from other times like in the GB1 1999 DVD commentary where Medjuck and Ivan state the father is the Violinist. No thorough research done for this article, kinda just off the top of the writer's head. Deadline made. The end.

But all in all, further proof the first look will be EW. Maybe a 1% chance it could be Variety.
2GunsRacing liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: October 31st, 2019, 4:53 pm
2GunsRacing wrote:Aaahhh it wasnt his child!? If they got back together it would be a step child..

The misinformation john and jane q public are fed needs to stop.
Yeah, seems like they're going off something Ivan said in the July 2016 Rolling Stone issue that Oscar is probably Peter's son -- a reversal from other times like in the GB1 1999 DVD commentary where Medjuck and Ivan state the father is the Violinist. No thorough research done for this article, kinda just off the top of the writer's head. Deadline made. The end.

But all in all, further proof the first look will be EW. Maybe a 1% chance it could be Variety.
Well, this could be what your "1%" is about, but don't forget that Anthony Breznican, the guy who was on the Ghostbusters beat at EW no longer works there. He was at Fan Fest after being canned by EW and moving to Variety, so it might genuinely be a personal interest in Ghostbusters or a personal relationship with Breznican.
droidguy1119 wrote: October 31st, 2019, 3:08 pm As I said in the trailer thread, my money's on a teaser with Jumanji: The Next Level in December.
I've been saying this too. This is SONY's other big property. It makes a lot of sense. Lots of families will be seeing Jumanji (and movies in general around Christmas), that's a good time to debut the trailer.
Alphagaia liked this
By tylergfoster
Yeah, but as Doctor Venkman says (my reasoning too), you have to look at when Sony is dropping big movies. If it's Thanksgiving then it would be the 15th, with Charlie's Angels, but it feels like buzz is low. After Jumanji, they have Bad Boys For Life, but I'm not sure an R-rated January actioner makes sense for their four-quadrant summer tentpole.
Corey91 liked this
By timeware
If I had to haphazard a guess my thoughts would be around Thanksgiving for a trailer. A movie as big as Ghostbusters is going to rely on merchandise. Having just wrapped up near Halloween without time for merchandise marketing the next opportunity would have to be this Christmas. if they plan on such a move. We might not see anything three months before the release date but I'm hoping it's sooner.
By BatDan
Yeah, i mean the whole “its a secret!!” Schtick might be cute for a little while, but they need to start promoting soon, because no one really knows about it.

If they wait til christmas or late winter, thats cutting it a little close isn't it? Just from a sales point of view..
EddieSpenser liked this
Jason Reitman did say he wanted this "film to unwrap like a present," and when I think of presents I think of Christmas, so I think that'll probably be when we get something big...
BatDan, twmedford23, deadderek and 1 others liked this
By timeware
It has to be sooner then the super bowl. We don't know what products they have planned other then the twinkies and spirit Halloween flash Light. Maybe, just maybe we'll get the trailer running along side of starwars. People will be planning on buying GB merch unrelated to the new movie anyhow. I would imagine demand for a slimer stocking or gb themed Christmas tree would be higher this season then next year.
2GunsRacing liked this
By groschopf
I mean, my gut reaction is that they'll release a trailer to coincide with movies coming to the theater for the holidays. Probably Jumanji, as people smarter than I have speculated.

But I could understand why the studio might instead try to wait as long as possible to release a trailer. Their last Ghostbusters trailer got the highest number of thumbs down in YouTube history, and the movie was cut to pieces online for a good year before it was released. That probably affected decisions being made while putting the film together and helped lower the quality of the final product, to say nothing of theater turnout.

The studio must be terrified of going through that again with another investment. Ghostbusters as a film franchise can't survive another crash into the ditch, and it's one of studio's most revered properties. They've got to get this right, and ensuring that is the case might take longer than we want.
robbritton liked this
By timeware
It'll be out this year. Jason's gotten very positive responses out of what he's shown us so far. Needless to say it looks like it's going to be a home run this time. The last trailer was with the ecto in the barn and got a huge positive response.
By deadderek
mrmichaelt wrote: November 3rd, 2019, 8:44 pm Without much explanation, We Got This Covered is reporting Bill Murray will be in the movie.
https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/bil ... busters-3/
"We got this covered" is a notoriously poor source for information.
By Kingpin
mrmichaelt wrote: November 3rd, 2019, 8:44 pm Without much explanation, We Got This Covered is reporting Bill Murray will be in the movie.
https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/bil ... busters-3/
All that site does is regurgitate whatever unconfirmed rumour or speculation it finds on the internet. We should stick with Entertainment Weekly or Variety for actual reliable news.
By Kingpin
Alphagaia wrote: November 4th, 2019, 7:29 am I thought we already had it confirmed by Bill himself he was in this?
Bill gave some speculation fuel but he's about as officially confirmed as every other classic cast member: on paper, yes, but by Sony? Not yet.
Alphagaia, Sav C liked this
Kingpin wrote: November 4th, 2019, 9:35 am
Alphagaia wrote: November 4th, 2019, 7:29 am I thought we already had it confirmed by Bill himself he was in this?
Bill gave some speculation fuel but he's about as officially confirmed as every other classic cast member: on paper, yes, but by Sony? Not yet.
There was an Instagram post I saw that said Bill was onboard. He was at the Rome Film Festival saying that he worked on it.

Anyway, I do think that Pharrell Williams covering the theme is inevitable :P
But while we’re on the subject on that (kinda), maybe it’s an interesting idea for a dark reprise (secondary version of one thing that’ll represent another part) of the theme or other song/scene from the past films. Cuz honestly I expect GB20 to have some kind of darkness in it.
By mrmichaelt
I'd throw Kid Cudi's name in the ring if we're talking rappers. Ironically, he did an EP with Kanye in recent years that had a song with the same name as the EP, "Kids See Ghosts".
Davideverona wrote: November 3rd, 2019, 11:22 pm Dan ACroyd. They've not covered Dan surname's spelling for sure.
It's weird that to this day his surname is misspelled in more articles than you'd think.
Kingpin wrote: November 4th, 2019, 5:22 am All that site does is regurgitate whatever unconfirmed rumour or speculation it finds on the internet. We should stick with Entertainment Weekly or Variety for actual reliable news.
I think I got it mixed up with GWW. My big mistake. THR is pretty reliable, too.
My only hope for the soundtrack is that they hunt down the original Ghostbusters theme song from the teaser trailer. Seeing as how they've already dug through the Sony vaults for footage, it's not outside the realm of possibility...
By mrmichaelt
deadderek wrote: November 4th, 2019, 6:25 pm I have my doubts they'll fumble the ball bad enough to include any rap or hip hop.

Just...no.
Idk, it's ubiquitous. Look at the Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse soundtrack, all rappers. Look at Sony's featured artists page, lot of rappers. I'm not saying it should be all rappers but I think there will be a few along with pop. Who are you thinking will be on it? I am curious if Jason is thinking what music would these children be listening to -- that will be the soundtrack. Just no more cover songs.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]