Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By Alphagaia
Jumanji is getting a treatment by The Void, who also did the super awesome (and very successful) VR experience during ATC that set them on the map. (not to be confused with the dire VRgame on the PayStation)

https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/t ... 203391713/

Why am I excited for this and why is this news interesting for this thread?

1) I thought The Void had an exclusive contract nowadays with Disney, so I'm pleasantly surprised this isn't the case.

2) they did ATC, now Jumanji, Lets hope they do one for GB20 as well.
By SpaceBallz
deadderek wrote: November 3rd, 2019, 10:04 pm "We got this covered" is a notoriously poor source for information.
*sees twitter channel 'Emergency Awesomeness' posted full length Ghostbusters 3 trailer before it started filming*
By Dr.D
Anyone who works on a feature will tell you someone changing on set is pretty amazing. Imagining Murray being so into the shoot that he didn't want to slow the momentum? That's a pretty sweet thought. Hope it's true.
By BatDan
Thats comforting but its still just word if mouth and not official, so ill take it with a grain of salt until i see promo pics or a trailer.

But lol Why is that so funny to me?

I just imagine Murray getting down to his boxers in front of everyone and its hysterical.
RichRyan1507 liked this
Dr.D wrote: November 5th, 2019, 8:54 am Anyone who works on a feature will tell you someone changing on set is pretty amazing. Imagining Murray being so into the shoot that he didn't want to slow the momentum? That's a pretty sweet thought. Hope it's true.
Or--Murray knows the less time he takes to get dressed, the quicker he can be finished with GB forever :lol:
By Kingpin
ghoulishfright wrote: November 4th, 2019, 8:00 pm My only hope for the soundtrack is that they hunt down the original Ghostbusters theme song from the teaser trailer.
I think it's a pretty safe bet that not only will it not be on the soundtrack, but I bet they wouldn't bother going to the expense or time digging in the archives for an obscure 35-year-old filler song that was only used once... If a copy of it even still exists.

And considering the Time Life folks had to use copies of The Real Ghostbusters episodes that were clearly from television broadcasts, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of other stuff (the filler song included) was destroyed years ago.
Kingpin wrote: November 5th, 2019, 12:13 pm
ghoulishfright wrote: November 4th, 2019, 8:00 pm My only hope for the soundtrack is that they hunt down the original Ghostbusters theme song from the teaser trailer.
I think it's a pretty safe bet that not only will it not be on the soundtrack, but I bet they wouldn't bother going to the expense or time digging in the archives for an obscure 35-year-old filler song that was only used once... If a copy of it even still exists.

And considering the Time Life folks had to use copies of The Real Ghostbusters episodes that were clearly from television broadcasts, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of other stuff (the filler song included) was destroyed years ago.
You're probably right, of course, but a boy can dream... Plus, they're clearing going above and beyond -- putting a little overtime in on this one -- so I wouldn't be surprised if we get some kind of special treat like that.
Michael Scott wrote: November 6th, 2019, 6:11 am How often do you read this thread?

I’m here at least 3 times a day, more if there is an active conversation. I bookmark each new page so I don’t have to work my way through the forum.
I check it every time I get an email notification that there's a new post and, most of the time, am incredibly disappointed that it's just someone arguing about Captain Kirk, being butt hurt about a comment, or something else unrelated to GB 2020 haha. Good lord, we need some real news!
deadderek liked this
By deadderek
Since I started the thread I have it in a tab that I refresh throughout the day periodically.

It's the last thing I do when I go to sleep and first thing I do when I wake up. I can't remember the last time I was this excited about something.

:)
moviemaker29 wrote: November 6th, 2019, 12:32 pm Well, here's at least a little bit of news as we hang in there one more month until the trailer drops (hopefully). Never heard of him, but he was in Jason's most recent film.

Actor Oliver Cooper joins GB2020
https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/ ... sters-2020
He was in Mindhunter as David Berkowitz. He was great in that as limited as his part was. I wonder what his role is.
Dr.D wrote: November 5th, 2019, 2:01 pm Pretty sure someone on one of these boards actually tracked down Thrall and Hughes years ago and even THEY didn't have it.
That's because it's not their song. The song they did was more groove rock. The artist behind the teaser trailer song is currently unknown...
EddieSpenser liked this
By JonXCTrack
With regard to the news about Oliver Cooper - in my opinion he bears a resemblance to Harold Ramis. Maybe I'm way off base with that, but it seems to me he could play a relative of Egon's.

Also, this was posted on Reddit today: https://www.reddit.com/r/ghostbusters/c ... _set_that/

It's unclear at this point if this is just a fan reproduction, or if this is an actual set in the new film.
By Timo
RichRyan1507 wrote: November 6th, 2019, 1:02 pm
He was in Mindhunter as David Berkowitz. He was great in that as limited as his part was. I wonder what his role is.
I think it's pretty obvious what his role could be... I mean, look at him. Google him for more pics. Then look at Jason's photos of Wolfhard and Grace. Then look at a late great person. Cooper could be the link.
By robbritton
Michael Scott wrote: November 6th, 2019, 6:11 am How often do you read this thread?

I’m here at least 3 times a day, more if there is an active conversation. I bookmark each new page so I don’t have to work my way through the forum.
i don't do anything else. i haven't seen my family in weeks. Send help.
Hmm, that might actually be a legit set... Look at the size, spacing, and decor. It doesn't match the HHN set well at all.

Very very interesting photo! Lots of cool details! What looks like Slimer's shoulder could be a stand-in for the CGI team.

Halloween Horror Nights set
Last edited by moviemaker29 on November 6th, 2019, 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twmedford23, SpaceBallz, 2GunsRacing and 2 others liked this
By timeware
DocLathropBrown wrote: November 6th, 2019, 3:33 pm Given that the same papers are in multiple places on the wall, I don't buy it.

Also, what newspaper would have a "haunted house" as its front page?!?
I'm with you on this. This set seems way to prestine if everything is supposed to be direlect and old in rust city.

I would expect more cobwebs. Granted I do hope the firehouse does show up.

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]