Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By SpaceBallz
That's an expensive lighting rig above it, highly doubt it's a "fan made reproduction." It's definitely getting filmed for something.
Dr.D, twmedford23, Sav C liked this
By mrmichaelt
moviemaker29 wrote: November 6th, 2019, 12:32 pm Well, here's at least a little bit of news as we hang in there one more month until the trailer drops (hopefully). Never heard of him, but he was in Jason's most recent film.

Actor Oliver Cooper joins GB2020
https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/ ... sters-2020
JonXCTrack wrote: November 6th, 2019, 3:30 pm With regard to the news about Oliver Cooper - in my opinion he bears a resemblance to Harold Ramis. Maybe I'm way off base with that, but it seems to me he could play a relative of Egon's.

Also, this was posted on Reddit today: https://www.reddit.com/r/ghostbusters/c ... _set_that/
That was my first thought as well. But maybe he portrays Coon's character's ex?
Corey91 liked this
By groschopf
DocLathropBrown wrote: November 6th, 2019, 3:33 pm Given that the same papers are in multiple places on the wall, I don't buy it.
Could just be placeholders for a walkthrough before the final props are finalized. That might explain the existence of the photo -- sending it to someone to get a sign-off to move forward.

Might be something else entirely, but... newspaper clippings aside, it is pretty damned detailed.

Sav C, Corey91 liked this
By Coover5
Seeing Oliver Cooper's resemblance to later Ramis and the limited set I wonder if it is real and they aren't just doing some photos for the film like ones used for inserts. Obviously Cooper's face would be swapped out. I doubt that's what it is but still interesting to consider. Might be going for something like this...

Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator

or

Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator
By Sav C
groschopf wrote: November 6th, 2019, 7:12 pmImage
I am intrigued by that thing in between the desk and the chair. Around four or five feet, has what looks like a golden telescoped attached to a black... I dunno how to describe that part. Anyhow, looks like some sort of ghost monitoring device or instrument.
By deadderek
I've heard from multiple sources this is more of a direct sequel than we're being led to believe.

This set pic makes me so damn happy.
pizzarat, BatDan, moviemaker29 and 2 others liked this
By janeb984
Coover5 wrote: November 6th, 2019, 7:15 pm Seeing Oliver Cooper's resemblance to later Ramis and the limited set I wonder if it is real and they aren't just doing some photos for the film like ones used for inserts. Obviously Cooper's face would be swapped out. I doubt that's what it is but still interesting to consider.
I'm lost. Are you thinking that he'd be a body double for a Ramis flashback? iMDB says he's only 5'7", so that seems unlikely.

I also saw that Annie Potts will be on a show called, "The Talk" tomorrow. Some daytime talk show.
By pizzarat
I really hope that leaked plot is true. The idea of the company flourishing (albeit without Egon) makes his arc in the story much better than it just being dormant. The other thing too is that it explains the lack of 1A. If there are multiple franchises, then there are definitely multiple Ectomobiles. The orange license plate still kind of bugs me, but I'll accept it.

I for one hope this "passing of the torch" doesn't explicitly end in this story. So if this is a set photo, what is the context of the firehouse interiors? Is this where Venkman still works? Doesn't he have a talk show in the plot leak? So many awesome questions to be answered.

I post a lot on Reddit under the same username, but I'm finally making a jump to here.
By Hairy Biker
Sav C wrote: November 6th, 2019, 9:50 pm
groschopf wrote: November 6th, 2019, 7:12 pmImage
I am intrigued by that thing in between the desk and the chair. Around four or five feet, has what looks like a golden telescoped attached to a black... I dunno how to describe that part. Anyhow, looks like some sort of ghost monitoring device or instrument.

Looks like a portable smoke machine. Used to use them when training firefighters, but not as nice.
Sav C liked this
By robbritton
I dunno, you guys. While the placeholders theory of the articles on the wall makes sense to a degree, the reddit post claimed to be from someone who was on set for filming. At that stage no set dresser worth their salt is going to have potentially visible newspapers just called “DAILY” still on set. It took us about ten seconds to spot them and some of us are reading on phones!

I mean, I want to believe, obviously, but it seems as weird to go to the lengths of creating more than one faux newspaper for placeholding (not to mention a waste of filming time to set it up and then re-set it up all lit and it situ) as it does to go to all that trouble and then just hand wave the newspapers at the last second.

And the Slimer there... it could be a lighting reference, but again... it’s a bit weird.
By deadderek
robbritton wrote: November 7th, 2019, 12:16 am I dunno, you guys. While the placeholders theory of the articles on the wall makes sense to a degree, the reddit post claimed to be from someone who was on set for filming. At that stage no set dresser worth their salt is going to have potentially visible newspapers just called “DAILY” still on set. It took us about ten seconds to spot them and some of us are reading on phones!

I mean, I want to believe, obviously, but it seems as weird to go to the lengths of creating more than one faux newspaper for placeholding (not to mention a waste of filming time to set it up and then re-set it up all lit and it situ) as it does to go to all that trouble and then just hand wave the newspapers at the last second.

And the Slimer there... it could be a lighting reference, but again... it’s a bit weird.
Got a theory then?
By robbritton
deadderek wrote: November 7th, 2019, 12:32 am
robbritton wrote: November 7th, 2019, 12:16 am I dunno, you guys. While the placeholders theory of the articles on the wall makes sense to a degree, the reddit post claimed to be from someone who was on set for filming. At that stage no set dresser worth their salt is going to have potentially visible newspapers just called “DAILY” still on set. It took us about ten seconds to spot them and some of us are reading on phones!

Got a theory then?
No! I'm nonplussed! I wondered if it might be the German Ghostbuster guys who make all those props and sets but it doesn't seem to be. Believe me, I'm hoping I'm wrong and this is absolutely, definitely the firehouse in GB2020! That would be wonderful!
By Kingpin
(I know some of this has already been covered, I was late to the party due to the difference in time zones)
Dr.D wrote: November 6th, 2019, 3:46 pm Given what looks like Slimer in the bottom right corner, I think this is one of the sets for Halloween Horror nights maybe?
Unless there's a third park that was doing Halloween Horror Nights, it's neither of the Firehouse sets that were built for Universal Studios. Those were were scaled-down representations, and the more elaborate of the two was featured at Orlando:

-Universal Studios Florida

-Universal Studios Hollywood

While there still isn't anything that definitively proves this is for the new film, something to remember is that Jason posted this back at the end of May:

Which at the time suggested a possibility he might be doing some sort of Firehouse recreation, be it a flashback, or a contemporary scene. Given the set looks like Venkman's office circa 1984, I'd lean more towards it being a flashback, with Oliver potentially playing a stand-in for Egon.

However, it's not impossible it's for a contemporary scene set in 2020.

That being said though, the amount of detail they've gone to doesn't strike me as a simple fan film project, or some promotion event like was suggested in the Reddit thread... They've gone to the effort to pop in a wooden tripod to the left of the shelves behind Venkman's desk, make a really similar style of nameplate, locate the same kind of desklamp, find some close approximinations for the chairs surrounding the desk, and even find a small period-looking mini lamp for the back shelves... Even the panelling is a very close approximation of what was built for the first movie... It's not dead-on, but it'd pass muster even for this obsessive's eye.

It's a lot of work to go for it not to be a set from the new film. I'm happy to eat humble pie if it doesn't prove to be the case, but I'm willing to state here that this recreation of Venkman's office has been built for use in Jason's film.

As for the duplicate newspaper clippings, the duplicates may well be placeholders for more plot-specific fake articles that haven't been prepared yet, but could be swapped in digitally at a later stage - like the photograph of young Abby and Erin in Answer The Call:

groschopf wrote: November 6th, 2019, 7:20 pm Also, I find it interesting that the alleged set loses detail as it goes up the wall. reminds me of when I 3D model and only build out detailed areas that I know will be in the shot.
I suspect that they didn't anticipate they'd be showing much of the back wall of the Firehouse's engine bay, so kept the uppermost section of the office above head height fairly basic. If they need to feature more of the Firehouse engine bay, I bet you it'll be in there as a digital matte painting... They may have even left off the top cornice of the office wall for that specific reason.
moviemaker29, RichRyan1507, groschopf and 4 others liked this
By BatDan
Maybe not a flashback per se..but does anyone think that Jason might go “the irishman” on us and de-age the originals to show the progression of the timeline to catch us up? Maybe a Army of Darkness type recap?

Stuck between..”its hard to believe nothing about Venkmans office would change in 30 years” on the other hand..it be very “Venkman” if he never cleaned his office in 30 years
RichRyan1507, Corey91, Sav C and 1 others liked this
By Coover5
janeb984 wrote: November 6th, 2019, 10:49 pm
Coover5 wrote: November 6th, 2019, 7:15 pm Seeing Oliver Cooper's resemblance to later Ramis and the limited set I wonder if it is real and they aren't just doing some photos for the film like ones used for inserts. Obviously Cooper's face would be swapped out. I doubt that's what it is but still interesting to consider.
I'm lost. Are you thinking that he'd be a body double for a Ramis flashback? iMDB says he's only 5'7", so that seems unlikely.

I also saw that Annie Potts will be on a show called, "The Talk" tomorrow. Some daytime talk show.
just a photo double.
Assuming this is real, what I find to be most exciting about this image is the fact that it confirms the firehouse will be featured in the film in some capacity - something we had no evidence of up to now. Jason has a very good pulse on the iconography of the original films (he watched it all unfold in real time after all) and knows that audiences expect to see certain things in a GB film - the packs, Ecto, firehouse, original cast, etc.

What's also incredibly cool about this is well is that whether this is a flashback or present day, we are likely getting the original cast back for more than just a cameo and the story may not totally revolve around the kids. Upon the announcement of this film, I immediately expected it to simply reintroduce us to the original cast in their present day lives, brushing past the last 30 years, but if this is a flashback scene, then how cool is it that we are actually going to get a glimpse of what the original characters were doing 20+ years ago after the events of GBII?! We never got a proper sequel in the 90s, but they might actually be giving us a taste of what that could have been like - if so, massive kudos to Jason and his team!
Kingpin liked this
By Kingpin
BatDan wrote: November 7th, 2019, 7:20 amStuck between..”its hard to believe nothing about Venkmans office would change in 30 years” on the other hand..it be very “Venkman” if he never cleaned his office in 30 years
Though it had gone through some changes by 1989:

In some ways, the 1989 look would've been easier to achieve, but I think it's in some way the reason why Wrecto-1 looks like Ecto-1 rather than Ecto-1A, it's utilising the classic look wherever possible.
robbritton, Sav C liked this
By JonXCTrack
Kingpin wrote: November 7th, 2019, 7:58 am
BatDan wrote: November 7th, 2019, 7:20 amStuck between..”its hard to believe nothing about Venkmans office would change in 30 years” on the other hand..it be very “Venkman” if he never cleaned his office in 30 years

In some ways, the 1989 look would've been easier to achieve, but I think it's in some way the reason why Wrecto-1 looks like Ecto-1 rather than Ecto-1A, it's utilising the classic look wherever possible.
Good catch about the look of Venkman's office in '84 vs '89. Also keep in mind that the ecto-containment unit blew up. Who knows what the firehouse looked like after that happened. Once they rebuilt it, I doubt very much Venkman would take the steps to put his office back together exactly the same way. If this is a set piece in the new movie, it's for a flashback scene after the Ghostbusters went into business, but before the ecto-containment unit blew up. The set seems to detailed not to be a professional set, and even though they wrapped filming in Canada, the fact that they just announced a new actor will be starring that bears a striking resemblance to Harold Ramis, it seems like too much of a coincidence to me. I bet they're going to use archival footage to put Egon back into flashback scenes, and where needed this new actor will serve as a stand in using CGI or make up to more closely resemble Egon.
Last edited by Kingpin on November 7th, 2019, 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed quoted text
Kingpin, groschopf, Corey91 and 1 others liked this
deadderek wrote: November 6th, 2019, 10:11 pm I've heard from multiple sources this is more of a direct sequel than we're being led to believe.

I don't understand what you mean by that... we've been told it's a direct sequel to Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II, and there's all but completely confirmed returns of the original cast. What could be more direct than that?
By pizzarat
Kingpin wrote: November 7th, 2019, 7:58 am
Now I'm conflicted because I want as much continuity from GB II as possible. Ecto-1 not having the white plates from the beginning of GB II really annoyed TF out of me as soon as I saw the teaser trailer. So really, if the leaked plot is true, the question becomes how long has Egon been "missing"?

So I wonder if this really is for a flashback scene or not.
By pizzarat
Doctor Venkman wrote: November 7th, 2019, 8:25 am
deadderek wrote: November 6th, 2019, 10:11 pm I've heard from multiple sources this is more of a direct sequel than we're being led to believe.

I don't understand what you mean by that... we've been told it's a direct sequel to Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II, and there's all but completely confirmed returns of the original cast. What could be more direct than that?
I think what they're saying is that there will be more bridge information connecting the first two than the new movie just taking place "35 years later".
BatDan, Doctor Venkman, robbritton and 1 others liked this

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]