Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By pizzarat
groschopf wrote: November 7th, 2019, 10:17 am Disgusting blob confirmed.
This is indeed interesting. If Slimer is there, when does this take place? Presumably after the containment unit blew, but before Ghostbusters II?

Thought on Slimer's probable re-appearance: I hope they continue where they left off from his characterization in GB II. I felt like the video game kind of made him like a personality-less malevolent character.
By Kingpin
The presence of a prop of Slimer may not be a litteral indicator he's in that sequence: when they were filming Ghostbusters II it seems they used LA23 as an impromptu studio for some bits of work, so he may just be a prop that happened to be on the same soundstage as the Firehouse section.

Another possibility is that the Firehouse may be there for a dream, or "afterlife" sequence.

Though at the moment I'm still leaning towards flashback.
By Scum
Imagine if this is just Jason’s man cave at his house?

Jokes aside this is really exciting. The more I think about the possibilities and see everyone’s speculation and theories (not to mention the Reddit leak) the more excited I get.

I feel like this movie and the (lack of) media surrounding it just has such a different feel than ATC did. It’s like a quiet confidence with GB2020, like they don’t need to show off all these bells and whistles. Instead it’s breadcrumbs, it’s really “unwrapping like a present”.
RichRyan1507, Kingpin, pizzarat and 1 others liked this
Could they have built this section of the Firehouse to take new "old" pictures it for prop use? A dream sequence? That's the only things that make the reused paper clippings make sense; if the background is going to hardly be in focus or whatnot.

I WANT to believe that the Firehouse will appear in a greater capacity than that, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I'm assuming that whether the company is still around or not, the firehouse is no longer actively being used by GB Inc. (based on what little material we have), but I'd love to be wrong.
By Scum
Kingpin wrote: November 7th, 2019, 11:54 am Not just confidence, but keeping a tight lid in order to ensure people are really surprised, and pleasently so when it finally gets released.
That being said I am curious to know how they do the first trailer. Is there a way to confirm the original cast will be in it without spoiling the surprise or plot? Because we all know a certain sect. of the fandom will probably boycott on the assumption that they’re not in it strictly because of the trailer.

Which gets me thinking... how cool would it be if we got footage of the new cast and scenery but with Dan/Ray talking over it (Similar to the Star Wars trailers)? If done right it could be perfect.
pizzarat liked this
By BatDan
Im thinking maybe a Evil Dead-type recap in the beginning to get newcomers up to speed, explaining how the gbs came to be. If its a Gozer-centered story, im assuming theyll use the old footage and reshot segments with de-aged orignals
pizzarat, Scum liked this
By SpaceBallz
I definitely think it's for a flashback scene. The guy they just cast has a lot of Ramis-y features, I will even go as far to say that he'll be a stand-in for Egon and they'll deepfake Ramis onto his face.
By pizzarat
SpaceBallz wrote: November 7th, 2019, 2:40 pm I definitely think it's for a flashback scene. The guy they just cast has a lot of Ramis-y features, I will even go as far to say that he'll be a stand-in for Egon and they'll deepfake Ramis onto his face.
I have no problem with this at all. The timing of that set picture being leaked, and the actor's addition to the cast, is perfect. I actually really liked Tarkin's digital insertion into Rogue One.
BatDan wrote: November 7th, 2019, 7:20 am Maybe not a flashback per se..but does anyone think that Jason might go “the irishman” on us and de-age the originals to show the progression of the timeline to catch us up?
I've theorized this a few times, mainly because it's already a bit of a stretch that Dana would appear in this other town, and even more of a stretch that Janine would be there. They could be contemporary scenes in the firehouse, but the rusted Ecto and now this faithful Ghostbusters '84 replica are suggesting otherwise, IMO.

What if this mock-up is for some kind of thing that happens right after the containment unit blows? That ghostly energy was related to Gozer and Shandor... who's to say 100% of it went to Spook Central?
By SpaceBallz
Wasn't there a reddit leak that stated the main characters would be "dimension jumping" before battling the big baddie?
By Coover5
pizzarat wrote: November 7th, 2019, 3:15 pm
Dr.D wrote: November 7th, 2019, 3:12 pm Guys what about time travel?

I'm only half-joking.
Oh good. Someone actually made a video about that on Youtube. I had to comment, "Just. No."
When Jason posted that supposed "camera plot" I knew all along it was instructions on how to Time Warp.

Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator
groschopf, 2GunsRacing, pizzarat and 2 others liked this
By timeware
I like docs theory the best. What if one of the Kids just falls asleep in class dreaming that he's a grown up Ghostbuster about to go out on the job? Kind of like the dream sequence from sidekicks?
By Carnacki
I don’t think I’ve seen it brought up yet here, but I think Oliver Cooper would be the perfect Oscar. He has similar features to both Dana (very curly hair) and also the violin player from the first movie (mostly in his face), and he’s actually the perfect age to be Oscar (born in 1989).
pizzarat liked this
By timeware
My crunch bar is still on dream sequence. Maybe it's an after credit with Finns team taking over the firehouse with the Calgary house as their first successful case being hung on the wall. Could be whatever entity residing in the house influencing the kids through nightmares to become ghostbusters that leads them to the mine.
By mrmichaelt
pizzarat wrote: November 7th, 2019, 2:51 pm I have no problem with this at all. The timing of that set picture being leaked, and the actor's addition to the cast, is perfect. I actually really liked Tarkin's digital insertion into Rogue One.
And back on July 20, 2017, when asked if CG could be used to recreate a character like what was done in "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story," Ivan Reitman was on the record saying it's possible and something they're thinking about.
pizzarat liked this
By Kingpin
joezlo wrote: November 7th, 2019, 6:45 pm The calgary haunted house is in that picture on both sides. Its some kinda flashback.
A few folks on the Facebook spoilers group are skeptical about the photograph being of the farmhouse, and I feel inclined to agree. True, the photo in the photo doesn't contain a lot of detail given how far away it is, but the silhouette doesn't seem to match:

The corner turret appears to be missing, leaving me to think that the article's photograph (as well as the lower one mentioning "Haunted House?") don't refer to the ramshackle house in Summerville, but generic haunted houses the Ghostbusters have investigated at some point in the 80s.
Corey91 liked this

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]