Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By Scum
Has anyone floated the possibility that maybe Coon is Egon’s little sister? Or even half sister? Making the kids his niece and nephew? And they don’t “know their connection” because they have a different last name?
Alphagaia wrote: November 9th, 2019, 7:10 am In RGB it was the Boogeyman that turned him into a GB right?
Yes. That's one of the most awesome eps of that show and it was called The Boogieman Cometh. I'm kinda wondering, based on what Dan Aykroyd said, if they're not somehow gonna try and connect with Egon through the paranormal realm and if he isn't gonna be almost like an Obi-Wan or something in this movie when he was talking about "losing people you love" or something like that.
By robbritton
Scum wrote: November 9th, 2019, 7:31 am Has anyone floated the possibility that maybe Coon is Egon’s little sister? Or even half sister? Making the kids his niece and nephew? And they don’t “know their connection” because they have a different last name?
If there has to be a family connection, surely it needs to be more direct than that? The whole niece/nephew/second cousin twice removed thing never feels very narratively satisfying.
lozbloke, Scum liked this
By timeware
The new guy joining the cast could be Egon's brother rather then a stand in for flash backs. His moving to Calgary trying to escape his older brothers fame and live in seclusion might not end up going according to plan. Especially if he pulls in to town and sees the Kids taking wreckto for a spin.
Scum liked this
By Scum
robbritton wrote: November 9th, 2019, 12:53 pm
Scum wrote: November 9th, 2019, 7:31 am Has anyone floated the possibility that maybe Coon is Egon’s little sister? Or even half sister? Making the kids his niece and nephew? And they don’t “know their connection” because they have a different last name?

If there has to be a family connection, surely it needs to be more direct than that? The whole niece/nephew/second cousin twice removed thing never feels very narratively satisfying.
I agree wholeheartedly, just seeing if that avenue has been explored on here yet.

I personally feel like people might be getting a tad bit too caught up in the actual ages of the actors/actresses. I mean sure if GB2020 is actually set in current times the ages don’t line up.... BUT are we all forgetting this new movie could be in 2005? And even though Carrie’s actual age is whatever, the movie says she’s... 33? Or 40?

My point is, just because Harold Ramis could have been Carrie Coon’s grandfather doesn’t mean they have to be in the prime GB universe.

I still hold to my original theory that she and her family are Spenglers, but I wouldn’t be shocked at all if their Shandors. Maybe both. I have no idea but I’m so excited lol.
Kingpin, robbritton liked this
By deadderek
Based on the license plates which all bare the year as 2020, I have my money on it being set during...2020.
Scum wrote: November 9th, 2019, 5:35 pm
robbritton wrote: November 9th, 2019, 12:53 pm

I agree wholeheartedly, just seeing if that avenue has been explored on here yet.

I personally feel like people might be getting a tad bit too caught up in the actual ages of the actors/actresses. I mean sure if GB2020 is actually set in current times the ages don’t line up.... BUT are we all forgetting this new movie could be in 2005? And even though Carrie’s actual age is whatever, the movie says she’s... 33? Or 40?

My point is, just because Harold Ramis could have been Carrie Coon’s grandfather doesn’t mean they have to be in the prime GB universe.

I still hold to my original theory that she and her family are Spenglers, but I wouldn’t be shocked at all if their Shandors. Maybe both. I have no idea but I’m so excited lol.

Where are you getting the idea that this movie is set in 2005? I believe it has been said from the beginning that this movie is set in the PRESENT DAY. LOL!

I think people are gravitating to the theory of the family being related to Spengler because of the strong resemblance that Wolfhart and Grace are sporting in this film. We are all just doing a bunch of wild speculation until that first trailer hits. Even then I doubt it will reveal their true connection. I am still amazed with how little is known with the movie being in post production. :):):)
Scum liked this
By SpaceBallz
deadderek wrote: November 9th, 2019, 5:49 pm Based on the license plates which all bare the year as 2020, I have my money on it being set during...2020.
deadderek, seekandannoy liked this
By deadderek
SpaceBallz wrote: November 9th, 2019, 6:21 pm
deadderek wrote: November 9th, 2019, 5:49 pm Based on the license plates which all bare the year as 2020, I have my money on it being set during...2020.
Mindblowing I know.
Sav C liked this
By Scum
Oops! :walterpeck::walterpeck::walterpeck:

Dunno how I missed that, so sorry to disgruntle the neck beards!
pizzarat liked this
By Scum
Wait wait wait... so you have to get a new license plate issued every year?
By deadderek
Scum wrote: November 9th, 2019, 6:53 pm

Not sure if you're being snarky or not, but a lot of states require renewing tags/registration/inspection stickers yearly.
By mrmichaelt
I dig the title. Not a bad choice.
pizzarat wrote: November 9th, 2019, 11:31 pm Speaking of registration tags, why doesn't Ecto-1 have one? The whole '1984 era orange plate' thing bugs me.
Cemetery vehicles or disaster relief vehicles are exempt from registration tags in some places. Even firefighting vehicles. Perhaps in the Ghostbusters universe, a ghostfighting vehicle exemption was created for them.
Scum, deadderek liked this
By Scum
deadderek wrote: November 10th, 2019, 1:24 am
Scum wrote: November 9th, 2019, 6:53 pm

Not sure if you're being snarky or not, but a lot of states require renewing tags/registration/inspection stickers yearly.
Well considering NY doesn’t require new tags every year, the ecto doesn’t have a (visible) registration or inspection sticker, I’m still trying to figure out where you saw on the plates anything indicating year? The only indicator is the orange and blue plates, which NY issued late 90s early 2000’s I believe.

So yeah, a bit of snark. But moreso directed at Spaceballz. 😉
By Scum
Davideverona wrote: November 10th, 2019, 3:54 am An italian movie site has a rumor from their sources about the new movie title. Sony will announce it in few weeks.

It will be called
This Post Contains Spoilers
That reddit leak is looking better and better!
By deadderek
Scum wrote: November 10th, 2019, 5:23 am
deadderek wrote: November 10th, 2019, 1:24 am

Well considering NY doesn’t require new tags every year, the ecto doesn’t have a (visible) registration or inspection sticker, I’m still trying to figure out where you saw on the plates anything indicating year? The only indicator is the orange and blue plates, which NY issued late 90s early 2000’s I believe.

Where? Just look at any pics of the Summerville vehicles online. The plates tags all say 2020.

Also I dig Ghostbusters Afterlife or Ghostbusters : Afterlife.

I could live with it. :D
Scum liked this
By Scum
deadderek wrote: November 10th, 2019, 5:53 am
Scum wrote: November 10th, 2019, 5:23 am

Where? Just look at any pics of the Summerville vehicles online. The plates tags all say 2020.

Also I dig Ghostbusters Afterlife or Ghostbusters : Afterlife.

I could live with it. :D
Yeah my bad I was only looking at the Ecto.
By pizzarat
"Today we can reveal it to you exclusively: Sony will announce the official title only in a few weeks, but thanks to our sources we can anticipate that it will be Ghostbusters: Afterlife."

Okay. So maybe trailer then? I like the sub-title, but the lack of 'III' makes it indistinguishable from that 2016 thing.
BatDan liked this
By Timo
While I love the idea of a GB3 title, they don't do it anymore. It's because you have to get as much people as possible to create a hit and people are like, I won't start with a part three, I'll choose the other flick when going to the movies. Especially after three decades. Especially with the majority of moviegoers being 18 - 28 years old. Sure, our generation knows the classics, but we're not enough.
By Kingpin
Scum wrote: November 10th, 2019, 5:59 am Yeah my bad I was only looking at the Ecto.
The little partitioned rectangle in the bottom-right corner is likely where the sticker was supposed to go:

-but it seems it may not've been a requirement like some other states, as most of the vintage 80s New York plates I'm finding on Google are blank in that corner like Ecto-1.
deadderek, Scum liked this
By pizzarat
timeware wrote: November 10th, 2019, 9:58 am Two different titles. Afterlife s very different from Answer the Call. Doesn't need the III. once we have the trailer people will know its not a sequel to ATC.
That movie didn’t get the subtitle until the DVD. If I was an average movie fan, and unaware of anything regarding the new movie (like most people), I would assume this is a sequel to that 2016 movie without the III title.

I’ll go on record as saying it’s really stupid to not have ‘III’. They wanted to connect the first two and *not* 2016, and now it has a very similar title format. I’m not as upset as if the title were actually “2020”, but this is damn disappointing.
By Timo
timeware wrote: November 10th, 2019, 11:56 am No, but if you get us 37 year old's to see the movie twice that even things out.
I've read an article once stating that, if every Marvel fan on the planet would run into a new Marvel movie, it still would be a flop. You need the "straights", the muggles, the basic young people. That's why I love Jason's decision to cast Grace and Wolfhard (to get the very young people who aren't into Ghostbusters yet), Rudd (for the basic adult moviegoers) and the old cast for us. It's very smart.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]