Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By Hairy Biker
janeb984 wrote: November 10th, 2019, 1:25 pm Paul W (@ErimusPR) Tweeted:
@amandamcgowan It’s one big movie set, isn’t it? Seeing the Ghostbusters HQ for me was just incredible. 🤷🏼‍♂️https://t.co/pxGKjj5nXChttps://twitter.com/ErimusPR/status/119 ... 55459?s=20

***just sharing what I saw. Can anyone confirm this is current?

That was probably taken during the renos H&L 8 under went recently.

Also, does "Afterlife" feel a bit Beetlejuicey to anyone else?
Scum, deadderek liked this
By Kingpin
@amandamcgowan It’s one big movie set, isn’t it? Seeing the Ghostbusters HQ for me was just incredible. 🤷🏼‍♂️https://t.co/pxGKjj5nXChttps://twitter.com/ErimusPR/status/119 ... 55459?s=20

Nope, despite the date it was posted, that's not what Hook & Ladder currently looks like. Observe the notice on the corner: "Rehabilitation of Hook and Ladder Company 8".

Another photo of the refurbishment:

This is what Hook & Ladder 8 looks like today:

groschopf, SpaceBallz liked this
By Scum
Hairy Biker wrote: November 10th, 2019, 1:45 pm

That was probably taken during the renos H&L 8 under went recently.

Also, does "Afterlife" feel a bit Beetlejuicey to anyone else?
Yeah I live about 40 minutes out from the city and can confirm those are very old pictures. H&L 8 no longer has scaffolding around it.

Afterlife most certainly has a beetlejuice feel to it.

I really don’t think it’s necessary to have “III” or “3” in the title. In fact, not calling it three leads me to believe that the video game be at a minimum loose canon.
By Kingpin
I suspect in some way Jason/Sony/etc decided to go with a title other than "Ghostbusters III" because after all the years of it being stuck in development hell, the name had a weight to it that the production could do without.

This movie isn't going to be the Ghostbusters III that people have been imagining for years, this is going to be Ghostbusters: Afterlife, and set its own tone at its own pace. :)
deadderek, groschopf, Scum and 2 others liked this
By groschopf
I like the Afterlife title. We have yet to see if that's actually the real title, but I don't mind it.

Calling it Ghostbusters III:[insert chapter title here] would be a mistake. Ghostbusters II came thirty years ago. Three decades is way too long of a gap to slap a sequential number to a title and have the general public care -- especially when the third movie released in 2016 had nothing to do with the first two. It would just be confusing. We hardcore fans know the difference. The population at large won't.

type "Ghostbusters III" into Google Chrome and you see this

Even though this will be a continuation of the classic universe, the three title carries too much baggage that would lead people to believe it's entirely about the OGBs. We know it won't be, even if they have roles. Better to prime the audience to expect a different direction even if we see familiar faces.

Besides, Ghostbusters III sounds like a skit from the Critic.

the fact that I'm using a pop culture reference from 1994 should tell you long the title Ghostbusters III has been a punchline
Kingpin, robbritton liked this
groschopf wrote: November 10th, 2019, 3:48 pm I like the Afterlife title. We have yet to see if that's actually the real title, but I don't mind it.

Calling it Ghostbusters III:[insert chapter title here] would be a mistake. Ghostbusters II came thirty years ago. Three decades is way too long of a gap to slap a sequential number to a title and have the general public care -- especially when the third movie released in 2016 had nothing to do with the first two. It would just be confusing. We hardcore fans know the difference. The population at large won't.

Even though this will be a continuation of the classic universe, the three title carries too much baggage that would lead people to believe it's entirely about the OGBs. We know it won't be, even if they have roles. Better to prime the audience to expect a different direction even if we see familiar faces.

the fact that I'm using a pop culture reference from 1994 should tell you long the title Ghostbusters III has been a punchline
Yeah, Afterlife sounds cool especially given the details we got. Also it’s weird when someone calls ATC “GB3” even though it really isn’t. It’s kinda like when someone calls the Friday the 13th remake “Part 12”. So maybe I guess we oughta move on from “Ghostbusters 3” in this kinda sense and get onboard with Afterlife. Could be wrong, but who knows?
groschopf liked this
By Hairy Biker
Ghostytheghost wrote: November 10th, 2019, 4:21 pm
groschopf wrote: November 10th, 2019, 3:48 pm I like the Afterlife title. We have yet to see if that's actually the real title, but I don't mind it.

Yeah, Afterlife sounds cool especially given the details we got. Also it’s weird when someone calls ATC “GB3” even though it really isn’t. It’s kinda like when someone calls the Friday the 13th remake “Part 12”. So maybe I guess we oughta move on from “Ghostbusters 3” in this kinda sense and get onboard with Afterlife. Could be wrong, but who knows?

It always bothers me when someone calls 2016 GBIII when its not. Luckily it doesn't come up alot around here. Mostly it gets called the remake, 2016, Feigbusters or Girlie Ghostbusters.

And I do like Afterlife as a title, but I could also see it used for a Beetlejuice movie. "Beetlejuice: Afterlife".
I can imagine the title being revealed stacked like this:

GHOSTBUSTERS
AFTERLIFE

And then the graphic spins the middle E around into at 3, making:

GHOSTBUSTERS
AFT3RLIFE

Kinda hokey, but I can see that in my mind’s eye.
By deadderek
Michael Scott wrote: November 10th, 2019, 6:19 pm I can imagine the title being revealed stacked like this:

GHOSTBUSTERS
AFTERLIFE

GHOSTBUSTERS
AFT3RLIFE

That will NEVER happen.
By timeware
Actually I'd rather see the logo ghost kick over the E and drag a number 3 in place. Maybe pay homage to RGB. I still don't think it needs a three but something like that would be awesome.
By philmorgan81
I am cool with whatever subtitle they go with. As far I am concerned weather it is officially cannon or not. Ghostbusters The Video Game was every bit or hell better than any Ghostbusters 3 I ever could have dreamt of. To me this one will feel like fourth story set in the original film universe so I am cool with them NOT calling this one Ghostbusters 3. :):):)
deadderek liked this
By robbritton
Alphagaia wrote: November 10th, 2019, 10:31 pm
Michael Scott wrote: November 10th, 2019, 10:23 pm No, you’re right. They’ll flip the last E instead.

AFTERLIF3
No. No. No.

It will be:

GHOSTBUST3RS 3: AFT3RLIF3 TH3 THIRD ON3
“Today’s episode of Ghostbusters is brought to you by the number 3” confirmed.
BatDan, Sav C liked this
By Davideverona
Trailer:

- Black screen, Ray's voice over " Gonna tell you a story
About a little town I know..."

- scenes from the new family routine

- black screen, text "after 30 years, they're back"

- Ray's voice over: " They had a real big problem
With some big mean local ghost..."

- scenes with Ecto, equipment, final shot of the original Ghostbusters in full equipment.

-Peter's last line.

- gb theme, logo.
Scum liked this
By EddieSpenser
Michael Scott wrote: November 10th, 2019, 6:19 pm I can imagine the title being revealed stacked like this:

GHOSTBUSTERS
AFTERLIFE

GHOSTBUSTERS
AFT3RLIFE

That kind of bad taste is even funnier knowing your username is Michael Scott
By deadderek
Davideverona wrote: November 11th, 2019, 5:16 am Fan art.
Goo Berry should be the giveaway.
Davideverona liked this
By timeware
EddieSpenser wrote: November 11th, 2019, 5:29 am

GHOSTBUSTERS
AFTERLIFE

GHOSTBUSTERS
AFT3RLIFE

That kind of bad taste is even funnier knowing your username is Michael Scott
If he changed his last name to Hawk would that be over the top?
Dr.D liked this

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]