Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By timeware
I think there's a way we can do both. Remember that are people who liked that movie.
We need to keep those fans and be able to Branch out. I'm not opposed to very small Easter eggs.
I just want Paul or Katie nowhere on the set. And what I mean by Easter eggs maybe Holtzmans necklace makes a quick appearance. I don't want cameos from the girls. Let the movie stand on its own.
deadderek wrote: December 3rd, 2019, 7:16 pm We need to lure the fans back.
Some fans never left. Ghostbusters (2016) box office data shows the film was frontloaded, which suggests the fans showed up (fans will care to go opening night, the general public isn't as picky). Not to mention, fans will always be the less important demo for a sequel -- the key to success is bringing in new viewers that build on top of the ones that are already in the bag.
Alphagaia, robbritton, Kingpin and 2 others liked this
By guitar1036
Dr.D wrote: December 3rd, 2019, 6:29 pm Just out of curiosity, is there any ACTUAL info on a release date for a trailer? I mean I know it was classified, but we've seen nothing else to indicate it's coming this week. I'd hazard a guess that with Bond coming tomorrow we might not see it until next week.
Nothing official, but I seem to recall reading an article or something somewhere stating that Finn had posted I believe on twitter about December 7th being important. That's this Saturday.
By deadderek
The Black Widow trailer hit in the middle of the night, I'd love for Afterlife's to do the same.

Give people the best gift to unwrap waking up on a cold December morning.
Wafflerobot liked this
By deadderek
While putting it in front of Jumanji seems the most likely, I'd prefer it in front of the new Star Wars. As many eyeballs as possible.
By back
deadderek wrote: December 3rd, 2019, 7:16 pm
back wrote: December 3rd, 2019, 5:55 pm I smell a Pic Intense post coming 10 minutes after the trailer is released of frame by frame shots of Anything pertaining to Shandor, 1st film tie-ins, etc.
4k trailer rip...gonna go over it frame by frame.

Definitely have to agree that this trailer HAS to in some way make it clear it's not tied in with that reboot. We need to lure the fans back.
I look forward to that HD post! Although... what if messages arent hidden in imagery but in Auditory factors? Think of the teaser, you could press play on it and KNOW what Most of the noises were just by the score and Pack sounds...
Would you put it past Sony to mess with us more and 'hide' messages in the audio bar? lol
:whatever:
I May or May Not have been watching too many Roadrunner cartoons BUT...
Lets be honest, right now this is going on:
Alphagaia, SpaceBallz, deadderek and 1 others liked this
By deadderek
Davideverona wrote: December 4th, 2019, 3:02 am THE TRAILER!!!! RIGHT FU**ING NOW!!!!!
Your post had me freaking out. I thought it had been released and just spent 5 minutes scouring the internet.
Sav C liked this
By deadderek
Alpha I didn't even read the username I saw "trailer+now" and immediately opened a new tab.
Sav C liked this
By Kingpin
guitar1036 wrote: December 3rd, 2019, 8:55 pm Nothing official, but I seem to recall reading an article or something somewhere stating that Finn had posted I believe on twitter about December 7th being important. That's this Saturday.
Here's a screenshot of the exchange:

As you can see, Finn never stated anything to do with the date of the 7th of December, the only indication of that came from an instagram account called "movie facts" whose reputation for accuracy seems yet to actually be proven.

The date of the 7th, until we hear or see otherwise, is purly unsupported speculation.
By groschopf
Kind of wonder if Black Widow trailer dropped over night just because marvel didn't want their media buzz swamped by the Ghostbusters trailer supposedly coming out on Friday.

I'm not saying that's proof that the Ghostbusters trailer be out this week -- I'm just saying Marvel might be erring on the side of caution based on the same unconfirmed reports we're seeing.
timeware wrote: December 3rd, 2019, 8:00 pm I think there's a way we can do both. Remember that are people who liked that movie.
We need to keep those fans and be able to Branch out. I'm not opposed to very small Easter eggs.
I just want Paul or Katie nowhere on the set. And what I mean by Easter eggs maybe Holtzmans necklace makes a quick appearance. I don't want cameos from the girls. Let the movie stand on its own.
I think that's wishful thinking. I very much doubt there will be references to GB16 at all, nor do there need to be.

A random quick shot of a "Screw U" necklace? I can't even understand where that would fit in the story without seeming shoehorned in.

If those fans are only going to be fans of this one if they get references to the reboot, then sorry to say it, but this movie and franchise isn't for them. And before that comes off as aggressive or dismissive of GB16 or its fans, it is not. At the end of they day, if ANYONE is going to say "well, that doesn't reference MY preferred film so I'm not going to enjoy it" then they really aren't a fan of the franchise. They're a fan of one specific movie and they're welcome to go enjoy that one.
deadderek, moviemaker29 liked this
Keep an eye on Trailer Track. They seem to have a really good pulse on when trailers are incoming and will be one of the first to post it when it hits. They were down to the minute on when the No Time to Die trailer was going to hit this morning, even posting updates every couple of hours before it was posted.
Davideverona, RichRyan1507, deadderek and 2 others liked this
By timeware
Doctor Venkman wrote: December 4th, 2019, 7:22 am
timeware wrote: December 3rd, 2019, 8:00 pm I think there's a way we can do both. Remember that are people who liked that movie.
I think that's wishful thinking. I very much doubt there will be references to GB16 at all, nor do there need to be.

A random quick shot of a "Screw U" necklace? I can't even understand where that would fit in the story without seeming shoehorned in.

If those fans are only going to be fans of this one if they get references to the reboot, then sorry to say it, but this movie and franchise isn't for them. And before that comes off as aggressive or dismissive of GB16 or its fans, it is not. At the end of they day, if ANYONE is going to say "well, that doesn't reference MY preferred film so I'm not going to enjoy it" then they really aren't a fan of the franchise. They're a fan of one specific movie and they're welcome to go enjoy that one.
I'm not holding my breath for something to happen. They do it or they won't. but I do believe if the 16 fans boycott they don't deserve a sequel if they decide to do one at all.
Hate to break it to you, but you're not gonna get a sequel to GB16 (thank God) nor will any new film(s) reference it. The whole reason GB20 was made was to repair the value of the GB brand and bring it back to its roots and give the fans what they wanted all along, because they are the ones that kept it alive all these decades. If GB16 had been successful, then they would have continued down that path with more films and we never would have gotten this proper, canon sequel. If anything, had that film done well, they would have shoehorned in a connection to the original films to milk the franchise, but they honestly blew that opportunity as well by having the original cast do those awful cameos.

I know there are dedicated fans of GB16, but it's all about business and that film definitely didn't do the GB brand any favors. It'll be seen as an anomaly in the history of the GB brand moving forward. The best value it provided was at least kind of introducing a new generation of kids to the brand, which is certainly a good thing.
By Kingpin
timeware wrote: December 4th, 2019, 9:03 ambut I do believe if the 16 fans boycott they don't deserve a sequel if they decide to do one at all.
I don't know, a load of fans boycotted the last one only for them to be ultimately rewarded with this new one...

Seriously though, there's not going to be a boycott.
cant wait any longer for the trailer,

my childhood dreams have me all jacked to see it but the skeptic in me says this movie is going to be scooby doo with proton packs and about 5 minutes of screen time for the OG's outside of maybe Aykroyd, he will maybe get 20.

Hope im wrong but this thing has potential to be bluesbrothers 2000 all over again
By Alphagaia
Yeah, I'm probably one of the biggest fan of ATC, and I see absolutely no reason to boycott this new movie. I actually think because I'm more open to different ideas I will probably be more prone to like it.

Hell, even Feig is looking forward to it and loves Jason's style.

But let's see what the tone and premise actually is, before we all base our joy (or fears!) on nothing.
Kingpin liked this
By Timo
Muwarrior21 wrote:cant wait any longer for the trailer,

my childhood dreams have me all jacked to see it but the skeptic in me says this movie is going to be scooby doo with proton packs and about 5 minutes of screen time for the OG's outside of maybe Aykroyd, he will maybe get 20.

Hope im wrong but this thing has potential to be bluesbrothers 2000 all over again
No way this is going to be Scooby Doo or Goosebumps or Blues Brothers 2000. Jason Reitman is a gifted storyteller, he knows character writing, he has great focus on how to do stories. Most of his stuff is incredible, he's a far better moviemaker than his father to be honest, fanboy aside.

The original guys won't be main players in this one, this is not the generic sequel we expected all these years. This is something fresh and I hope people will get it. There's nothing as conservative as fans of old movie franchises, I mean, people loved The Force Awakens, which is a 1:1 remake of A New Hope, and people loved Jurassic World, which is a 1:1 remake of Jurassic Park. But what's the point of having the same over and over again?

The irony is: The reason for all these classics (Star Wars and Jurassic Park and Ghostbusters and whatever) still to be here after decades is because they were fresh and new and special back in the days. This new one has to be fresh, too so there's an actual reason for it to exist. The new guys, Wolfhard and Celeste and McKenna are the new focus and I am excited to learn their story and having the legendary characters around as a bonus is pure gold.
By Kingpin
Alphagaia wrote: December 4th, 2019, 9:52 am But let's see what the tone and premise actually is, before we all base our joy (or fears!) on nothing.
Indeed. The quickest path to disappointment with something is to build it up to the point it'll never live up to your expectations.
By Muwarrior21
im mostly worried the studio is going to control it and turn it into junk much like they did with the characters for the last jedi etc. Disney meddling for example killed off what started off to be a pretty cool new trilogy (force awakens was solid albeit a complete rehash) , last jedi was trash from beginning to end......

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]