Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By Corey91
robbritton wrote: December 5th, 2019, 4:20 pm
Corey91 wrote: December 5th, 2019, 4:18 pm

I'm speaking strictly United States. Trailers are done by theater. If cinemark plays one trailer in front of a movie, that does not necessarily mean regency theaters will play the exact same trailer. It various from chain, and i'm sure by country too.
Oh, ok! I’m not sure there’s that much variation over here, although I only ever ran trailers in a single screener, so I’m no expert!
Yeah, I mean we could get surprised and it could drop tomorrow but I don't think we should get our hopes up. When they do drop, it's usually early to mid week since opening nights (at least in LA) are now Thursday evening shows. I am 99.9% sure we wont get one this weekend, enough to put money on it and i am not a gambling man, haha! I think it will be mon-wed next week and we should stay calm until then! :)
robbritton liked this
Corey91 wrote: December 5th, 2019, 4:18 pm
robbritton wrote: December 5th, 2019, 4:11 pm So logically then, if it’s attached to all prints of Jumanji, we should see it online by Saturday at the latest, as it previews all over the UK this weekend before going on general release on the 11th.
I'm speaking strictly United States. Trailers are done by theater. If cinemark plays one trailer in front of a movie, that does not necessarily mean regency theaters will play the exact same trailer. It various from chain, and i'm sure by country too.
Most of the trailers vary, but if Ghostbusters is indeed attached, then it is supposed to be guaranteed to play. When you see a movie by any studio, the last trailers that play before the film starts are the trailers for movies by the same studio. The rest of the trailers can be whatever the theater decides to run, but you'll know a movie's trailers are wrapping up when you see ones by the same company that made the movie you're there to see.

In the digital era this means less, but that was the origin of "attached." The attached trailer would literally come on the same film print.
By Corey91
droidguy1119 wrote: December 5th, 2019, 5:46 pmMost of the trailers vary, but if Ghostbusters is indeed attached, then it is supposed to be guaranteed to play. When you see a movie by any studio, the last trailers that play before the film starts are the trailers for movies by the same studio. The rest of the trailers can be whatever the theater decides to run, but you'll know a movie's trailers are wrapping up when you see ones by the same company that made the movie you're there to see.

In the digital era this means less, but that was the origin of "attached." The attached trailer would literally come on the same film print.

It seems funny in the digital area now, it's more of a bidding war surprisingly. Studios and production companies literally send gifts and care packages to my friend to try to butter him up and attach their trailers. It's almost monthly that he tries giving away these gifts to us, but nobody wants a Hellboy duffel bag or an Oceans 8 hat lmao He does keep everything that A24 sends him tho! He showed me the email where it listed what is under each movie and Peter Rabbit 2 along with Ghosbusters: Afterlife are there. Next to GB:A, it has "*New Trailer. Will send link when available". Like I said, he normally gets advanced links that are watermarked and password protected...but unfortunately nothing yet for GB:A. My guess is it will play during week 2 in the UK for Jumanji.
By McCrea
Corey91 wrote: December 5th, 2019, 6:19 pm
droidguy1119 wrote: December 5th, 2019, 5:46 pmMost of the trailers vary, but if Ghostbusters is indeed attached, then it is supposed to be guaranteed to play. When you see a movie by any studio, the last trailers that play before the film starts are the trailers for movies by the same studio. The rest of the trailers can be whatever the theater decides to run, but you'll know a movie's trailers are wrapping up when you see ones by the same company that made the movie you're there to see.

It seems funny in the digital area now, it's more of a bidding war surprisingly. Studios and production companies literally send gifts and care packages to my friend to try to butter him up and attach their trailers. It's almost monthly that he tries giving away these gifts to us, but nobody wants a Hellboy duffel bag or an Oceans 8 hat lmao He does keep everything that A24 sends him tho! He showed me the email where it listed what is under each movie and Peter Rabbit 2 along with Ghosbusters: Afterlife are there. Next to GB:A, it has "*New Trailer. Will send link when available". Like I said, he normally gets advanced links that are watermarked and password protected...but unfortunately nothing yet for GB:A. My guess is it will play during week 2 in the UK for Jumanji.
I'll take the Hellboy duffel bag ;)
By mrmichaelt
Corey91 wrote: December 5th, 2019, 4:27 pm Yeah, I mean we could get surprised and it could drop tomorrow but I don't think we should get our hopes up. When they do drop, it's usually early to mid week since opening nights (at least in LA) are now Thursday evening shows. I am 99.9% sure we wont get one this weekend, enough to put money on it and i am not a gambling man, haha! I think it will be mon-wed next week and we should stay calm until then! :)
Yeah, looking like next week at the earliest. Just read the Wonder Woman '84 trailer is this weekend. I don't think Sony would compete with that.
By deadderek
SpaceBallz wrote: December 5th, 2019, 5:54 pm Detroit Ghostbusters posted the trailer:

Actually the Metro Detroit Ghostbusters.

They're not connected with Ghostbusters Detroit.
By deadderek
I don't feel any franchise competes but in South Eastern MI & the Metro Detroit area we have a lot of different franchises.

The only 2 I'm aware of are "Ghostbusters Detroit" & "Metro Detroit" that have "Detroit" in the name and the pic was from Metro Detroit Ghostbusters.
By Alphagaia
Davideverona wrote: December 6th, 2019, 1:34 am Fans: "we'd like to see the trailer!!"

Jason: "but you didn't say the magic word!"

Fans: "and what is the magic word?"

Jason: "please!"
Fans: May I *please* see the trailer, Mr Reitman?

Jason: Why do you want to see the trailer anyways?

Fans: Because we want to know what you are doing down there. Frankly, I've heard alot of wild stories in the media and we want to assess any possibility of dangerous and possibly hazardous waste in your trailer. The wait is hazardous to our health and brakes all kind of regulations in our present media world state where everything is spoiled the instant a script is approved. Now you either *show me* the trailer, or I come back with the He-man Appreciation Movement.

Jason: You go get those guys, and I'll sue your funny ass for HAM-ming it up.
Sav C liked this
By robbritton
Alphagaia wrote: December 6th, 2019, 3:34 am Time to fess up.

How many will go see Jumanji 2 Just to see if a GB trailer will show up.

Sony will be happily rolling in your money.
The boy is super excited for it anyway, so I have an excuse, but... yeah. I mean, of course!
Sav C liked this
By Alphagaia
robbritton wrote: December 6th, 2019, 4:01 am
Alphagaia wrote: December 6th, 2019, 3:34 am Time to fess up.

How many will go see Jumanji 2 Just to see if a GB trailer will show up.

Sony will be happily rolling in your money.
The boy is super excited for it anyway, so I have an excuse, but... yeah. I mean, of course!
I thought the first one was a blast, so I'm using that excuse as well!
Michael Scott wrote: December 6th, 2019, 2:16 am When I saw A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood on Thanksgiving the Mulan trailer was before it. Then a week later the same trailer was “revealed.” I found that curious given our current conversation.
Are you sure it was the same one that dropped yesterday? Yesterday's is the second trailer for Mulan.
Corey91 liked this
By JonXCTrack
Sounds like they are Spengler's grandchildren, as many suspected. And we now know the names, Trevor (Finn), Phoebe (Grace), and Callie (Coons). Rudd plays "Mr. Groberson" who was a kid in 1984 and is obsessed with the Ghostbusters. If you look in the photo where he is holding a trap, there's some chemistry on a white board. He's likely a science teacher, which many suspected as well.
Adub794 liked this
By Alphagaia
JonXCTrack wrote: December 6th, 2019, 10:13 am Sounds like they are Spengler's grandchildren, as many suspected. And we now know the names, Trevor (Finn), Phoebe (Grace), and Callie (Coons). Rudd plays "Mr. Groberson" who was a kid in 1984 and is obsessed with the Ghostbusters. If you look in the photo where he is holding a trap, there's some chemistry on a white board. He's likely a science teacher, which many suspected as well.
The GB franchise died out as well, with many people not remembering what happened in NY.

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]