Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By robbritton
Tiny little bit more info in EW: https://ew.com/movies/2019/12/06/ghostb ... ssion=true

Apparently
This Post Contains Spoilers
There’s a sweet new poster on the Ghost Corps Facebook page too, but I can’t direct link it!
Last edited by robbritton on December 6th, 2019, 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
back liked this
This probably goes without saying, but I will anyway. Help this article get eyes on it by retweeting or sharing the link on whatever social media platforms you share with people who otherwise wouldn’t run across it. If we can help pump up a positive anticipation for the trailer Monday with casual fans...well, you know.

Cue Jackie Wilson
Davideverona, Wafflerobot, deadderek and 1 others liked this
By tylergfoster
That poster is exciting to me as a fan but it's the one bit of marketing here I wish was different, just because green clouds in the sky is a 21st century blockbuster trope no matter how relevant it is to Ghostbusters specifically. Feels like the car in the field would be fine as a teaser image.

It's very close to the Ghostbusters (2016) score album cover.
I like the linear symbolism (intended or not) from finding the Ecto-1 under a tarp in the barn in the teaser to driving wildly through a field in the poster. We’re off and running now.

Also, Ghost Corps has a new Facebook profile logo with what looks like rivets around the edge.
Alphagaia, tylergfoster, groschopf and 3 others liked this
By OtherBill
I can't wait to see what this looks like after Jason's comment he chose Alberta as the shooting location for all the cinematography Oscar's that were shot here. The areas they shot in around and outside of Drumheller are amazing looking. The shot of Loagan and Mckenna walking down the road was shot next to Dorothy outside of Drumheller.
groschopf liked this
Cool poster; looks like the setting and atmoshpere of the film is going to be different then what we're used to in NYC. Can't wait til monday. ^_^
By Kingpin
Wafflerobot wrote: December 6th, 2019, 11:05 amImage

Very Nice!
:love::love::love:

THAT is a work of art.

Anyone else feel like the poster and the announcement of a trailer have made this movie more 'real'? 100% proof the teaser trailer wasn't a mass-experienced fever dream?

Holy shit... It's a great time to be alive and a Ghosthead.
*NormalGamer*, Wafflerobot, groschopf and 5 others liked this
By SpaceBallz
With the new info, I guess we can rule out the reddit leak:
So the Ghostbusters fizzled out in the early 90s and they're basically an urban myth. One thing that kinda bugged me with GB2 was that people didn't believe what had happened 5 years prior even though there were news cameras covering the entire thing. I hope theres some kind of explanation, it wont ruin my enjoyment with the film.
By Wafflerobot
Kingpin wrote: December 6th, 2019, 12:20 pm
Wafflerobot wrote: December 6th, 2019, 11:05 amhttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/ELHknTGX0AAh5cn.jpg

Very Nice!
:love::love::love:

THAT is a work of art.

Anyone else feel like the poster and the announcement of a trailer have made this movie more 'real'? 100% proof the teaser trailer wasn't a mass-experienced fever dream?

Holy shit... It's a great time to be alive and a Ghosthead.
Yeah, i was going to post exactly this. Seeing this poster has made the movie actually feel 'real' to me now, despite seeing all of those leaked on-set photos and stuff during the summer, its only now sinking into my mind that this is actually happening.

Also i completely agree that poster is a work of art. This movie aside, I already want to get that poster or a framed print of it. Just something about seeing the rusty Ecto 1 driving into the sunset like that works so well :cool:
Last edited by Wafflerobot on December 6th, 2019, 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kingpin liked this
By JonXCTrack
SpaceBallz wrote:With the new info, I guess we can rule out the reddit leak:
So the <a class="vglnk" href="http://i.viglink.com/?key=4f8e88e761fef ... %2Fspan%3E" rel="nofollow"><span>Ghostbusters</span></a> fizzled out in the early 90s and they're basically an urban myth. One thing that kinda bugged me with GB2 was that people didn't believe what had happened 5 years prior even though there were news cameras covering the entire thing. I hope theres some kind of explanation, it wont ruin my enjoyment with the film.
I dunno about that. The article doesn't say that Ghostbusters fizzled out in the 90s. It just says that Rudd hasn't seen the ghostbusters gear in a long time or that up close before. That could mean that GB ceased operations. Or it could mean that the gear is now government sanctioned and funded, and looks a lot different now.
By groschopf
Dr. D has a point. We live in a world where some conspiracy theorists believe something as gigantic, impactful, and well-documented as 9/11 was a hoax.

It's not hard to imagine an Alex Jones-like starting a conspiracy theory that envelopes the events of the first two films and sews enough confusion that people simply didn't think any of it ever happened. I mean... a 100-foot marshmallow man? That would be difficult to believe if you weren't there.
Wafflerobot, Kingpin, Sav C and 2 others liked this
By groschopf
Also... bollocks. "Mr. Grooberson"? I'll have people asking me if the "Groschopf" namestrip on my flightsuit is supposed to be Paul Rudd's new character. :p

In all seriousness, I wonder if "Grooberson" is the spelling the studio gave Vanity Fair, or if that spelling is how someone hearing the name in the trailer interpreted it. Reminds me a bit of "Gruber."

EDIT: scratch that -- I can see his name written on the white board now that I'm on a desktop, instead of a phone.

Last edited by groschopf on December 6th, 2019, 1:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]

Hard to tell if it’s an actual black fligh[…]