For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
By SSJmole
Publisher Versus Evil and developer PikPok have released the officially licensed Ghostbusters and George A. Romero’s Night of the Living Dead mission trailers for the apocalyptic zombie shooter Into The Dead 2.

Here’s a brief introduction to both plus their videos:

In the Ghostbusers Add On, players will have the chance to join the Ghostbusters’ team and join Egon, Winston, Peter, and Ray as a new rookie Ghostbuster recruited to investigate a paranormal disturbance.

George A. Romero’s Night of the Living Dead Add On will have players following the story of Ben and his grueling encounters prior to the events of the iconic film. Fans can experience the events of the zombie uprising as they team up with country girl Alice in a fight for survival across 12 levels.
https://youtu.be/w-3M0Ib739o

This looks fun.

night of the living dead (I know it's unrelated to Ghostbusters but same game

https://youtu.be/1jqRWjbMHik

I may get this on switch to buy that dlc
By GBfan_CH
It’s fantastic. One of the best ghostbusting games I’ve played. The sad thing is that the iOS version was only limited time so I can’t play it anymore!

Better than the core Into The Dead game in my opinion. You should get it.
SSJmole liked this
By SSJmole
GBfan_CH wrote: October 1st, 2019, 1:56 am It’s fantastic. One of the best ghostbusting games I’ve played. The sad thing is that the iOS version was only limited time so I can’t play it anymore!

Better than the core Into The Dead game in my opinion. You should get it.

Nice I haven't played either but I'm tempted just for dlc. It does look fun. Didn't know it was phones too
By philmorgan81
SSJmole wrote:I still need to get this
Anyone here play switch version ? Just curious if it's good on switch

I have played it on the switch and it's great. The main reason I bought it was for the GB content. It's pretty cool you don't have to download any of the extra content. All you have to do is play the base game and it will just unlock the extra stuff as you progress. The Ghostbusters content is the last so all you have to do is complete the game once and then you can play the GB stuff. I highly recommend getting it for the Switch. :):):)
SSJmole liked this
By SSJmole
philmorgan81 wrote: December 14th, 2019, 8:10 pm
SSJmole wrote:I still need to get this
Anyone here play switch version ? Just curious if it's good on switch

I have played it on the switch and it's great. The main reason I bought it was for the GB content. It's pretty cool you don't have to download any of the extra content. All you have to do is play the base game and it will just unlock the extra stuff as you progress. The Ghostbusters content is the last so all you have to do is complete the game once and then you can play the GB stuff. I highly recommend getting it for the Switch. :):):)
Oh I didn't know that Ty I assumed as dlc buy separately

Edit : I see mix up.

Physical = £40 has both docs

Digital = £31 has no dlc or £35 for bundle with both

I have bundle downloading 😁😁
By SSJmole
Playing through story and one side (I'm on stage 18 and diced level 6) my thought is I don't think its worth £35. Or £40 Considering Ghostbusters remastered was 30 and most AAA are 40-50 this been between remaster price (crash trilogy was around the same price) and full AAA is a bit much for a port of a mobile running game.

Now that aside it is really fun. Personally I think £20-25 would be a fairer price. But the content in the game is good and i can see me playing that a lot as it's perfect for quick little game sessions.

The reason quick little game sessions is important to me, I bought a spare dock for my office at work. My lunch break I routinely play my switch games for the 30 minutes I get. Some games don't lend themselves to a quick 30-minutes session. So it's fun , anyone here looking to buy it I recommend the waiting for a price drop to truly get your money's worth but it is fun and I can't wait to play the Ghostbusters level when I unlock it.
By SSJmole
Can now play ghostbusters part lol here's my thoughts

1) The design choices a little weird like they seem a cross between the real ghostbusters and the movie Ghostbusters.

2) is this in continuity with the video game? As if so either the rookie in that died (the way they said what happened to the last one) or this is one of his other missions

3) it plays great I love the Ghostbusters level. The weapons are great

4) I love the work around in in the fact ray has a trap on his back that automatically picks up ghosts so it's still plays like the into the dead game there's a reason logically for the Ghostbusters part

5) I love slimer is flying around helping you and the ghostbusters are like "I don't know what hes doing he must be hungry" 😂
By philmorgan81
LOL! Well the interior of the firehouse looks a lot like the way it does in the realistic video game. The High Compacity Trap that Ray has on his back is the Super Slammer that was on the Ecto 1 in The Video Game. ;).

It looks like they pulled from Lore established in the Game, The Real Ghostbusters, and the comic books and even from Answer The Call. The Trans Dimensional Portal they use is from The Real Ghostbusters episode The Copycat and has been utilized in the IDW Ongoing Comic Book. The High Compacity Trap, Shock Blast, and Meson Collider are from The Video Game however in this incarnation they have turned them into seperate weapons instead of incorporating them into the Proton Pack. Tolay the bad guy in this game appeared in The Real Ghostbusters episode Egon's Ghost. The Dual Proton Pistols and the Grenades look like the equipment from ATC instead of the designs from The Cartoon or Comics. Then you have the Terror Dogs that are right out of the Movie.

I think they just cherry picked ideas from different sources to put this game together and created a whole other dimension. As for the Rookie. I also like to think that the Ghostbusters have had several interns even in the 2009 Video Game Peter didn't want to know the Rookies name because of what happened to their last intern. It could be something that Peter said to just screw with the Rookie, but I still like to think they have had a lot of trainees. :):):)
SSJmole liked this
By SSJmole
That makes sense.

Yeah I'm near end on it now and I just spoke to a friend about how much I thought of the ATC stuff , like the dual pistols (I love those in the movie and I'm so happy I get to use them in the game and I love pressing R made them do the cool whip thing)

Yeah they seem to have taken from a lot of stuff and it works I Like It all. But there is one thing I don't like. Egon's Voice 😂 the others all sound relatively like them or like real versions at least. I.e recognisable. Then egon speaks and I'm like "oh dear god what is that! Kill it with fire!!!" Lol

But the rest of it so far I'm loving it. I'm up to running back through sewer (I keep getting caught) the flashlight level was different I liked that. The story is better than the actual games story lol (the main so I just seem to be run from point a to point b use walkie Talkie) the Ghostbusters one has more , it has motivations it has plot and different styles of how they doing it. It's really fun.

I didn't realise it's the same trap as Ecto 1 in The Video Game. And I just beat the videogame again lol I think it's the size because it looks a lot smaller than him. But makes sense they'd shrink it. That's what we do with tech all the time.

As for the main bad guy I thought it was

From 2016 lol just coloured purple. I don't remember him in the cartoon but that's cooli like learning stuff like that.

And yeah he could just be screwing with the rookie lol

So to sum up enjoying game , they took from lots of stuff I like that , I learned stuff from what you said. Kill Egon's Voice with fire it sounds too odd for an Egon lol
By philmorgan81
Oh I am glad that you got something from what I shared. Thank you I have really enjoyed the discussion. I agree Egon's voice in this game is a bit off putting when you are so used to him sounding a certain way. I can appreciate actors wanting to put their own spin on a character, but I wonder why he didn't make a better effort to sound more like Spengler. Again like you said at least the other characters sound more recognizable. :):):)

Yeah I am not crazy about te base game either. The only reason I grabbed it was for the Ghostbusters part. Maybe one of these days when I am really bored I will play the other extra stories. :):):)
By SSJmole
Same reason as me Ghostbusters. And night of living dead as i always loved that film.

Makes me wonder what other games would benefit with Ghostbusters DLC. In my head I'm already imagining dead by daylight lol 4 players as busters Vs 1 player as ghost would be epic lol (hey maybe that's what the multiplier for the remastered game will be lol)
    Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

It could have been more accurate (barrel and[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]