Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Not as in your face as the timbits, but I think there's a second Canadian object in the trailer. When Tracy Letts' character is in the aisle with the shovel, he's holding a Garant brand shovel which is a Canadian company and made in Canada from what I could discern. I... I think I've watched the trailer too many times.
robbritton, groschopf, Sav C and 1 others liked this
Not sure if this quote has come up before, but I just took delivery of the limited edition Mondo gatefold Bernstein soundtrack, and there’s this in the liner notes:

Reitman is currently overseeing the production of his son’s Ghostbusters sequel. He says, “One of the first things (Jason) said to me was: “If I’m going to direct this, we have to find somebody who can channel Elmer.”

So it’s no confirmation of composer, but I’d say it’s definitely a confirmation of the tone of score we’ll be hearing!
mrmichaelt, RichRyan1507, Kingpin and 5 others liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: December 16th, 2019, 2:26 am Not as in your face as the timbits, but I think there's a second Canadian object in the trailer. When Tracy Letts' character is in the aisle with the shovel, he's holding a Garant brand shovel which is a Canadian company and made in Canada from what I could discern. I... I think I've watched the trailer too many times.
Yup made in Quebec, so in Canada :) I have one at home, great shovels for canadian snow!
mrmichaelt liked this
deadderek wrote: December 15th, 2019, 4:24 am My guess would be the Super Bowl.
Unfortunately for all of us, don't hold your breath. Per Trailer Track, Sony hasn't run a Superbowl ad for any of their movies in at least two years. They didn't even run a Superbowl ad for either Holland Spider-Man movie.

SDCC makes more sense.
RichRyan1507, back, Corey91 and 1 others liked this
I would love to see them do a Super Bowl spot that gives us our first glimpse at the original cast, but if Sony doesn't have much of a history of running Super Bowl ads, then I'm not getting my hopes up.

However, I've gotta admit that it would be a fantastic way to give fans another tease and obviously to a massive captive audience. I do think they want to hit this film out of the park and it would be a good investment to run a spot during the game. There will be lots of marketing for it for sure.
Has anyone thought about the chances that there’s some truth to the potential “international” thing? That perhaps after the events of GB2 or the video game Ghostbusters did go international, but the government got involved? Let the general public think whatever they want, society will label the lunatics as conspiracy nuts.

In a world where connected universes is all the rage, I feel like Sony is licking their chops with Ghostbusters and Men In Black.
SSJmole wrote: December 16th, 2019, 3:17 pm
Scum wrote: December 16th, 2019, 3:04 pm In a world where connected universes is all the rage, I feel like Sony is licking their chops with Ghostbusters and Men In Black.
I keep saying how have they not done this!
Lets just hope in a couple of years we’re not here saying “why did they do this?”
back liked this
Kingpin wrote: December 16th, 2019, 3:29 pm I'm kinda glad the MiB crossover is only in the board game, I'd rather keep the cinematic universes separate.
In the comic source material the men in black dealt with aliens and the supernatural. But I don't think the movie men in black would work well with ghostbusters. The universes are too different. Ghostbusters takes it's world seriously, men in black doesn't.
Sav C, One time liked this
Well, the Super Bowl ads cost a pretty penny, but studios or anyone with something to advertise can just do bandwagon PR and release TV spots or trailers online during the Super Bowl anyway for free.
droidguy1119 wrote: December 16th, 2019, 11:18 am For some reason I thought SDCC was March.
The same folks operate the big convention in March/spring, Wonder Con, and SDCC in July.
RedSpecial wrote: December 16th, 2019, 4:26 pm
Scum wrote: In a world where connected universes is all the rage, I feel like Sony is licking their chops with Ghostbusters and Men In Black.
Please, no.

Ghostbusters as its own entity is plenty.
@ *referring to bold*

At least for the cinematic portion of the universe, I definitely agree; it be a different story if MiB franchise crosses over into the IDW multiverse if IDW ever gains the license to make comics in the future, someday (the GB/MIB board game as Kingpin mentioned demonstrates that well).
Sav C, RedSpecial liked this
So...what do we do?

A week after the trailer came out and we’ve seen it 100 times, combed through the details, and gauged reactions of our friends and general public, it feels as if there’s nothing to do or speculate on that hasn’t been mentioned.

What’s next between now and the second trailer?
Michael Scott wrote: December 16th, 2019, 7:43 pm What’s next between now and the second trailer?
Pictures of the toy lines coming out so we can speculate about those makes the what we've seen how that connect into the movie

Countless YouTube videos about a theories

Misreading actors who are in its interviews and tweets.

You know the usual for big films 😂
Kingpin liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: December 16th, 2019, 2:26 am Not as in your face as the timbits, but I think there's a second Canadian object in the trailer. When Tracy Letts' character is in the aisle with the shovel, he's holding a Garant brand shovel which is a Canadian company and made in Canada from what I could discern. I... I think I've watched the trailer too many times.
Let's get EVEN MORE Canadian. What if theres a reference to Anvil somewhere in the finished movie?
If there's any Canadian references I want it's Coffee Crisp in a scene.
mrmichaelt liked this
What's next between now and the next trailer? Choosing to ignore the reaction trailers and complaints from the ATC feminists.

I predicted the boy cot would happen and they aren't doing themselves any favors. I'd love to see the girls back without Paul at the helm.

Sony scrapping Afterlife to greenlight a 2016 sequel and delaying the release of Afterlife, just isn't happening. That's one of their actual demands. Good luck with that one.

As for the gas station attendent what would you guys think about Jack Black or Kevin Smith filling that role?

Be a nice way to show in a Walter Peck cameo if he's been living in Summerville under cover to keep an eye on Egon's shenanigan's.
timeware wrote: December 17th, 2019, 12:55 am What's next between now and the next trailer? Choosing to ignore the reaction trailers and complaints from the ATC feminists.

I predicted the boy cot would happen and they aren't doing themselves any favors. I'd love to see the girls back without Paul at the helm.

Sony scrapping Afterlife to greenlight a 2016 sequel and delaying the release of Afterlife, just isn't happening. That's one of their actual demands. Good luck with that one.

As for the gas station attendent what would you guys think about Jack Black or Kevin Smith filling that role?

Be a nice way to show in a Walter Peck cameo if he's been living in Summerville under cover to keep an eye on Egon's shenanigan's.
As a point of note, all the ‘ATC feminists’ as you call them that I know in real life (including my wife!) are super excited for the new movie. Even the ones who weren’t bothered about the original movies particularly, who came onto the fandom with ATC for reasons even mildly related to feminism, are happy to see a female lead in this new film.

I would respectfully suggest that the people you’ve seen doing this, which I have to admit I’ve yet to see anywhere, are mainly out to cause disruption, rather than have a genuine grievance or particular love for ATC.

And I’d as soon avoid any scene derailing celebrity cameos. The only thing Kevin Smith brought to Die Hard 4 was a good McClane laugh take from Bruce Willis, and Jack Black is a little bulldozer for the tone this one seems to be going for. Let the characters be like Alice the librarian, or the ESP students - good unknowns we wind up loving because their reality let the comedy around them sing.
RedSpecial, Kingpin, groschopf and 3 others liked this
Michael Scott wrote: December 16th, 2019, 7:43 pmWhat’s next between now and the second trailer?
Christmas
New Years'
My Birthday
Stuff
More Stuff
Trailer #3

:)
timeware wrote: December 17th, 2019, 12:55 am Choosing to ignore the reaction trailers and complaints from the ATC feminists.
*Sigh...*

There are times where it's starting to look like an almost pathological need for some people to still find reasons to complain about Answer The Call or it's fans in this community. Is it really worth your time, and the effort to post about a very small minority of overly vocal people on the forum here? Why give them the time of day and exposure?

For what it's worth, the only complaints I've been seeing about Afterlife either here or on the Facebook group are from fans of the 80s franchise. If any of the complainants are "ATC feminists", they aren't making it obvious that they are.

Likewise I'm not seeing any calls for a boycott. (And at this point, I'm not particularly interested in seeing these calls).
SSJmole, robbritton, *NormalGamer* and 2 others liked this
I don't think the complainers belong to a large scaled group like 2016. There does exist that group of feminists that feel jilted they aren't getting a direct sequal to to ATC. Mainly I've just seen them on you tube.

Personally I'm hoping Janine gets to suit up this time in place of Egon. I think it would be an awesome shot seeing the Spengler clan all suited up with the og's for the final act. If the family turns out to be related to Egon.

I'm kind of thinking that maybe this farm belonged to Ray and at some point Egon purchased it from Stantz. It would make sense if this is the farmhouse mentioned in the first film.
I am a feminist. I've been a staunch and vociferous defender of ATC. I haven't engaged in the arguments I've seen in this thread regarding the film for the same reasons I don't inject religion or politics into a conversation at work.

I assure you -- I have no problem whatsoever with Afterlife. I'm all in favor of it, as should be obvious by my numerous comments in this thread.
Kingpin, robbritton, Alphagaia and 1 others liked this

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]