Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
The actors would be able to see it, but it wouldn't like right to them.

The system uses camera tracking, meaning wherever the camera is looking, the image will adjust to make the perspective correct. If the actors is anywhere but behind that camera, the perspective will look wrong.

The upside of using that system, compared to a green screen, is you'll get realistic reflections that you won't have to do in post or leave out and risk making the scene feel less realistic.
deadderek, Davideverona, robbritton and 1 others liked this
Kingpin wrote: January 11th, 2020, 1:24 am
SSJmole wrote: January 10th, 2020, 2:43 pm I'm actually shocked as the backgrounds/sets in men in black international looked great. Good job sony
From my reading, it wasn't so much the film itself, but some tie-in shorts filmed for the NBA Finals that had digital backgrounds inserted.
Ah ok I thought like episode 2 of star wars it was a stage and location added after
CGI has made a few huge strides these last few years by making some great new lighting plugins.

This is huge because before this the artists had to guess and CGI would stand out more simply because the color wasn't right or the lights and shadows behaved different compared to the light and shadows of the real enviroment.

Basically they scan the environment with a 360 degrees camera so the 3d program knows where all the light in the scene is coming from and perfectly simulates it for the render.

I know they 'promised' to go old school with this flick and I applaud them for it, but when they actually do use CGI it will probably look fantastic.

Corridor Crew has a nice video about it with Spiderman as an example:

https://youtu.be/4b2Jm2WWUl4

Start at 08:19 for the info, but that whole video is awesome.
groschopf, Kingpin, back liked this
Yes, and free. She's an acquaintance more than a friend but did me a solid.

The online one got for $35.
I had a legit nightmare last night that nothing happened for almost 2 hours in the movie and we finally saw a PKE meter and some slime before the end credits rolled.

I was pretty upset when I woke up. Then got a mcmuffin.
pizzarat, BatDan, lozbloke liked this
Kalonthar wrote: January 14th, 2020, 2:13 am Saw Jumanji twice (with different people) and I must say they did a good job with the trailer. I was taking note of the audience reactions and when it reveals it’s a Ghostbusters sequel the reactions were very positive.
I have that Venkman jacket from a few years ago that's really cool and was wearing it one day last week and this older lady asked me if I had seen the trailer and I said "about a million times" and she said that her and her husband were watching Star Wars (maybe) and saw it and she was talking about how she thought it looked like it would be really good. So the trailer definitely has some appeal to it.
Rex Features wrote: January 10th, 2020, 3:42 am
SSJmole wrote: January 9th, 2020, 11:19 am Spider-Man didn't get superbowl last 2 as there is point. He was in civil war and he was in avengers infinity war and game before both , that's a bigger advertisement.

Plus superbowl ads cost massive amounts of money it'd cannibalise their marketing budget and increase costs , why increase budget for a move that probably wouldn't work.

Releasing trailers online and regular tv or attached to movies is I'd argue best for it.
But from the info available the OGs are in this movie (even if only fleetingly). Imagine the excitement that could be whipped up with a Super Bowl ad with the 3 remaining guys in it, promoting this film.
Its probably irrelevant at this point anyhow as Sony's recent record suggests it's not likely, but I know I'd certainly mark out for a trailer hitting with the OGs making an appearance to let the general public know "We're back"
I am skeptical that they're gonna show us Bill in the marketing until, at best, the movie is in theaters or right before. I bet we get Dan and/or Ernie in the next trailer, maybe a quick shot of Annie or Sigourney, but I think the hows and whys of the OG involvement are gonna be part of the thing Jason wants us to experience in the film itself.

I also don't think they're gonna be as aggressive separating this from 2016 as some of you do -- the footage from the original does the trick. No need to press it too much. If people can follow the MCU then they can tell by context that in this movie, it's been 30 years since the events of the first two films.
Kingpin, groschopf, lozbloke and 1 others liked this
droidguy1119 wrote:

But from the info available the OGs are in this movie (even if only fleetingly). Imagine the excitement that could be whipped up with a Super Bowl ad with the 3 remaining guys in it, promoting this film.
Its probably irrelevant at this point anyhow as Sony's recent record suggests it's not likely, but I know I'd certainly mark out for a trailer hitting with the OGs making an appearance to let the general public know "We're back"
I am skeptical that they're gonna show us Bill in the marketing until, at best, the movie is in theaters or right before. I bet we get Dan and/or Ernie in the next trailer, maybe a quick shot of Annie or Sigourney, but I think the hows and whys of the OG involvement are gonna be part of the thing Jason wants us to experience in the film itself.

I also don't think they're gonna be as aggressive separating this from 2016 as some of you do -- the footage from the original does the trick. No need to press it too much. If people can follow the MCU then they can tell by context that in this movie, it's been 30 years since the events of the first two films.
I don't even think the next trailer will reveal even that much. I think it will just include Paul Rudd describing what he knows about the Ghostbusters, and that's it.
droidguy1119 wrote: January 14th, 2020, 10:55 am

Agreed. I don't think they need to, or that anyone involved will feel like they do, either.
Almost universally, everybody I have spoken to regards the new movie does not tie it in with 2016. It was so different in many ways from the core franchise that with all the nods back to the original should mean there is no confusion in that regard.
I just saw it on my Facebook memories. I shared the post from Ghostbusters Incorporated Worldwide with my added line “I’m interested.” In the GB Inc WW post I commented “My dad says you guys are full of crap.” I think I’ve checked back here at least once a day since.
2GunsRacing liked this
Davideverona wrote: January 15th, 2020, 8:23 amWere where you? What were you thinking?
Browsing this forum...

I... I think I'll go slink off now...

Seriously though, I was browsing this forum at the time. My thoughts at the time I couldn't quite believe it, after so many false starts and rumours from Dan.
Davideverona, groschopf, robbritton and 1 others liked this
Kingpin wrote:
Davideverona wrote: January 15th, 2020, 8:23 amWere where you? What were you thinking?
Browsing this forum...

I... I think I'll go slink off now...

Seriously though, I was browsing this forum at the time. My thoughts at the time I couldn't quite believe it, after so many false starts and rumours from Dan.
I happened upon the news when visiting this forum. I couldn't believe it. At first I thought it was just a fun little short that someone made. But when I saw that Jason Reitman posted "Finally got the keys to the car." on social media, I realized that we were going to be getting a sequel. Then I started to wonder if the Ecto-1 in the barn was a part of the film. And if so, why is it there? Who put it there? Who owns it? Where is the rest of the gear? What happened to the HQ? Is the ECU still in the HQ? If so, who is paying that massive electric bill?
I was waiting to bring my three years old daughter to school and I saw the news.
I screamed a bad word who luckily she never repeated.

When I realised that not only they were announcing it but, after years of "We'll write it and we hope to make it", they ALREADY greenlighted it.. I just screamed. A really wild, ferocious, growly, prolonged scream. I thought: "Aykroyd, you persistent son of a b#tch!!!".

Then I saw the teaser and I simply cannot believe it. Nobody shoot a teaser for a movie who's at the beginning of pre production.

All of a sudden it was too good to be true. And it still is.
Davideverona wrote: January 15th, 2020, 3:48 pm I was waiting to bring my three years old daughter to school and I saw the news.
I screamed a bad word who luckily she never repeated.

When I realised that not only they were announcing it but, after years of "We'll write it and we hope to make it", they ALREADY greenlighted it.. I just screamed. A really wild, ferocious, growly, prolonged scream. I thought: "Aykroyd, you persistent son of a b#tch!!!".

Then I saw the teaser and I simply cannot believe it. Nobody shoot a teaser for a movie who's at the beginning of pre production.

All of a sudden it was too good to be true. And it still is.
A lot of people forget that a few months before that Aykroyd was talking about a new attempt at a script. I remember the reactions were tepid at best, "Oh, Aykroyd's at it again!", but that time I had a feeling it might actually be true for whatever reason. Maybe it was the same way he had trouble hiding Murray's participation in the Joe Rogan interview.
Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

It could have been more accurate (barrel and[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]